Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭rodge123

tossy wrote: »
    You're buying from an Audi dealer.

Jesus those wheels are cat:D

Suppose what I mean is are the Audi dealer tied back to Audi in some way, or can any dealer call themselves an Audi dealer just because they sell Audi cars.

See report part 1 and report part 2 (With some details blanked).
    Like is it possible this could be just made up?

Maybe I'm been paranoid, but it's not a small amount of money to be handing over!

Yeah, what possessed them to specify those wheels over the standard twin spoke s lines is beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

Nice A6! Seems to be exactly what you want except the alloys.

They seem to have a decent reputation (Google Reviews) and have a large selection of Audi’s for sale.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23393902 - are they the set of alloys you’re after? Feck it, if you were to buy that car then I’d keep the alloys for a few months and then go shopping for a new set. They’re a new style just out this year so there wont be much available, give it another few months and more sets will appear on DoneDeal.

Murt102 wrote: »
    Nice A6! Seems to be exactly what you want except the alloys.

They seem to have a decent reputation (Google Reviews) and have a large selection of Audi’s for sale.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23393902 - are they the set of alloys you’re after? Feck it, if you were to buy that car then I’d keep the alloys for a few months and then go shopping for a new set. They’re a new style just out this year so there wont be much available, give it another few months and more sets will appear on DoneDeal.

Yep,happy out with it so far apart from Alloys.
    Deposit paid and hoping to collect next week.
    Managed to haggle £750 discount. Not a hope of getting similar spec & mileage one here for anything close to what's it costing me in total.
    Might see bigger depreciation over next few months over there with Bristol banning diesels from city center and Leeds looking at similar.

Yep, they are the alloys.....will wait a few month as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Yes the one you have chosen is a lovely spec with the Sound and Comfort pack a nice extra as well as the Technology Pack, also has full leather interior which the standard SLine doesn't. I would say it was a special order, that why the different alloys. As an owner myself they are a great car to drive and fabulous cabin especially at night time. Well ware you won't be dissapointed, put up a picture when you get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    The Tech Pack has :
    larger 8" screen
    SIM card option
    Satnav on the instrument cluster
    Small touch screen beside the gearstick
    2 SD card slots
    Instrument cluster screen shows more info.

Lighting Pack :
    Footwell lights(front and rear)
    Door trim lighting strips
    Internal door release handle lights
    External door handle lights
    All internal light bulbs are LED

I have the lighting pack so, wasn't sure what's in it. Don't have tech pack.

To the OP, you'll get used to those alloys it's not as if they are terrible. I'd love the black edition alloys from the C7 on mine but can't justify the cost, car looks perfect as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭dodzy

Didn’t take them long to pull the add! Was just showing a pal your new toy and.....gone:o

dodzy wrote: »
    Didn’t take them long to pull the add! Was just showing a pal your new toy and.....gone:o

Best of luck with new car, defo my next car I was planning on upgrading the C7 in maybe 2021 but with the phev c8 announced I'm thinking I'll probably wait for that which pushes me out to 2022 before it's at a price I'd be willing to pay. But sure who knows by then what will happen.

Dealers website not quite as quick!

https://www.heritage-audi.co.uk/used-car-details/used-audi-a6/id-116175871911322/

Best of luck with new car, defo my next car I was planning on upgrading the C7 in maybe 2021 but with the phev c8 announced I'm thinking I'll probably wait for that which pushes me out to 2022 before it's at a price I'd be willing to pay. But sure who knows by then what will happen.

Thanks Jonny, and thanks for all the info and tips guys.

Yeah we kind of stretched our budget with this car. Would have liked to waited 1 more year to get one below 40k but our 2000 Ford Focus and 2006 pevgeot 407 are on their last legs and one had to go in January according to the wife, otherwise I’d be going! At least I can sleep in an A6 now if she still wants me to go! 🀪

Any recommendations/info on checks to get done before heading over next Friday to get it?

Done good bit of googling and then seem like very legit Audi dealer.
    unsure if should pay for RAC check on it. Sales guy said it’s no problem if I want to but that the 149 point Audi approved check they done on it would have been more thourough.
    Possibly need to do some history check on it to make sure no issues with accident or finance on it too?

Any links / advice appreciated

• Advertisement

rodge123 wrote: »
    Any recommendations/info on checks to get done before heading over next Friday to get it?

Done good bit of googling and then seem like very legit Audi dealer.
    unsure if should pay for RAC check on it. Sales guy said it’s no problem if I want to but that the 149 point Audi approved check they done on it would have been more thourough.
    Possibly need to do some history check on it to make sure no issues with accident or finance on it too?

Any links / advice appreciated

Just seen the vid Rodge. I wouldn’t be overthinking this. Car looks fab in the vid - and wheels are far from a ‘must change’

As for your concerns, granted, it’s a lot of money to be parting with for a x-water purchase but I’m sure you’re safe enough with warranty in the unlikely event of any issues👍

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Yeah the alloys aren’t that bad. Not a must change immediately in my opinion

So dealer asking if I want LifeShine Autoglim applied to car for £300.

Is this stuff any good or just a waste of money?
    Any unwanted side effects of it?

Waste of money. You can buy the lifeshine kit complete with bag on ebay for under £50 and the people applying it in a dealer aren't going to be detailers, they're going to be guys on minimum wage.

This is the kit (sans nice customer bag): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoglym-Lifeshine-PDI-Kit-Professional-Use-Only-Open-Box/223715185652?hash=item341676d3f4

So dealer asking if I want LifeShine Autoglim applied to car for £300.

Is this stuff any good or just a waste of money?
    Any unwanted side effects of it?
    Tell him no and put that 300 towards the new rims ;)

Tell him no and put that 300 towards the new rims ;)

My thoughts exactly! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 51,186 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Or a proper detail from a professional here when you get home.

Just looking at video of car a little further and noticed inside the alloys looks kind of orange.
    Dirt / brake dust? Anything to worry about?

494889.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=494892&stc=1&d=1573337561

• Registered Users Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭limnam

Just looking at video of car a little further and noticed inside the alloys looks kind of orange.
    Dirt / brake dust? Anything to worry about?

494889.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=494892&stc=1&d=1573337561

Generally comes off after a spin

limnam wrote: »
    Generally comes off after a spin

So it is brake dust and nothing to worry about? Common enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭limnam

So it is brake dust and nothing to worry about? Common enough?

Very common id say

Not sure if right place for this question...maybe there is a dash cams thread it would be better suited to.

Thinking of getting a Front and Rear Dash cam for the new A6.
    I see Audi have their own one:
    https://www.audishop.ie/general-accessories/audi-genuine-accessories/audi-traffic-dash-camera

Main reason for getting it is insurance....the amount of cars I meet cutting corners and over their lines on my country roads is unreal, wife had her wing mirror glass knocked off few months ago.
    I suspect the wing mirrors in A6 will be very expensive to fix/replace, think there are cameras in it too for the 360 camera.

Any thoughts on how good/bad it is?

Cheaper and better quality third party ones available?

Would I void warranty not getting a main dealer to install?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,186 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€565 for a dashcam and that doesn't include fitting, lol. The boom is back...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I had an f800pro front and rear Dashcam fitted by Dashcam.ie for less than that and the cameras are a bit better than that one. That looks to be a rebranded blackvue which we found didn’t fit A6 neatly. It would look horrendous mounted way below the rear view cluster like that

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bigdaddymac

Hi i am looking at buying an a6 for myself have it narrowed down to two s line choices both the vrt included.

1. 2014 manual 66k on clock for 15k
    2. 2014 automatic 59k on clock for 17.5k

quick question is there much difference between manual or auto on the a6, which is the better value long term??

Hi i am looking at buying an a6 for myself have it narrowed down to two s line choices both the vrt included.

1. 2014 manual 66k on clock for 15k
    2. 2014 automatic 59k on clock for 17.5k

quick question is there much difference between manual or auto on the a6, which is the better value long term??

Post links to them both, but I'd be saying automatic all the way.
    A lot of guys here swear by the S tronic automatic over the multitronic which changed over in 2014.
    I have the older multitronic and I think it's fine but haven't driven the S tronic

Post links to them both, but I'd be saying automatic all the way.
    A lot of guys here swear by the S tronic automatic over the multitronic which changed over in 2014.
    I have the older multitronic and I think it's fine but haven't driven the S tronic

No links available it’s a person I know personally who buys in the uk both are in auction in Manchester

Yes I’m confused what s tronic etc lol

No links available it’s a person I know personally who buys in the uk both are in auction in Manchester

Yes I’m confused what s tronic etc lol

2 versions of the auto gearbox Audi uses, multitronic which I have ran until mid 2014 and is an 8 speed then replaced by a 7 speed s tronic. You'll be happy with either, although enthusiasts much prefer the S tronic.

2 versions of the auto gearbox Audi uses, multitronic which I have ran until mid 2014 and is an 8 speed then replaced by a 7 speed s tronic. You'll be happy with either, although enthusiasts much prefer the S tronic.

Anything special about them or just a fancy way of saying automatic lol

• Advertisement

Anything special about them or just a fancy way of saying automatic lol

Well yeah there is, my multitronic has a lot of modes and settings. Normal, sport, eco, semi automatic/manual using the gearstick to change up and down and also has the flappy paddles on steering wheel. So theres a bit in them. I assume s tronic is the same, some posters say its a smoother gearbox

Advertisement