Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum Seekers Getting Apartments in Ballinamore - mod warning in OP (18/10)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Chinasea wrote: »
    Not once was this mentioned when the red carpets were being rolled out in their droves in Athenry when Apple were planning on setting up shop and bringing hundreds to the town. NOT A ONCE...

Datacentres don't bring '00s to any town after being built.
    Lucky to get a few tens of jobs at the datacentre once built.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Boggles wrote: »
    So you think he should resign and apologize because he called out racist pond scum?

The same racist sub human scum who threatened his life and burnt out his car.

Really?

And yet he had nothing to say when the former leader of his party was covering up for his paedo brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I see No racism just reasonable concerns

Where is the racism ?

There is quite a lot of racism when you look closer. If you look at the ones screaming racist the most, you’ll see that they seem to think you have to be black/brown to be seeking asylum.

The language is perfectly apt, But even you must agree they are sub human racist scum, correct?

Which people?

And "hyping" what up?

Do you know who burnt out the car? Or are you speculating??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,259 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

On another thread, it has been suggested that it is all the work of churchgoing, GAA-loving FG supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭enricoh

Graces7 wrote: »
    I do not share or agree with your views; no one here has any real idea who these folk are , their reasons for seeking refuge etc.

But what is happening to Achill is of a different nature. Unrealistic, unreasonable and unfair on a small population in a remote area

Just seen the latest report in Mayo News; accusing the local people and misreading and ignoring what they have actually said. No provisions or preparations have been made before sending them. To a small remote village of under 100 folk on a small remote island.

Achill this week, it'll be some other towns turn next week. Its pot luck who you get.
    Mayo news vilifying locals along with every other media outlet i take it?
    Peter casey was lambasted in the media for mentioning issues with travellers n still got 23% of votes. People are sick of parasites that contribute nothing.
    Leave to remain needs to be abolished, if it didn't exist there wouldnt be spoofers clogging up the system. They get a decision, if rejected they get 1 appeal n flight home. Reward the spoofers with full welfare n keys to a gaff - guess what, you get more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Irish Times in full liberal lecturing mode today on all things migration related:
    - Editorial
    - 4 letters under different headings but all of the same slant
    - comment piece by The Great O'Toole

They must be getting angry in D2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭gjim

jmayo wrote: »
    And you fookers claim I am the one not caring about the "humans" being dumped. :(
    Curious why would you put quotes around the word "humans"? Normally, ironic quotes are used when you don't think the word is actually appropriate.

Suggesting that a group of people don't fully qualify as human is pretty disgusting.

Of course, it might be just careless use of punctuation?

The reason I'm not sure is because lots of posts on this thread, maybe more by accident than design, fall straight into the far right playbook that is well known from history:
    - vilification of a minority (less than 0.1% of the population) - refered to here as "dregs", "uneducatable", etc.
    - excusing the use of violence against politicians who don't share your view
    - attempts to normalize extremism "sure you can't say anything without being far right now"
    - suggesting that the vilified minority don't really deserve to be described as human.

You need to have a good think about what you're writing and supporting here.

The use of the words “far right” has become boring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

enricoh wrote: »
    Achill this week, it'll be some other towns turn next week. Its pot luck who you get.
    Mayo news vilifying locals along with every other media outlet i take it?
    Peter casey was lambasted in the media for mentioning issues with travellers n still got 23% of votes. People are sick of parasites that contribute nothing.
    Leave to remain needs to be abolished, if it didn't exist there wouldnt be spoofers clogging up the system. They get a decision, if rejected they get 1 appeal n flight home. Reward the spoofers with full welfare n keys to a gaff - guess what, you get more.

And then the media wonder why they were told to fook off out of a meeting in Achill.

Of course the people will be told that they are not civilised, that they are racist, that they are right wing.
    Then when the whole thing turns to shyte the stories will be swept under the carpet by the same media, the same commentators, the same authorities.

Ever notice how RTE barely cover the bad news stories about the newly arrived to Europe unless of course it is a major one.

It will be the same about these centres, these placements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

PostWoke wrote: »
    Building? Most Irish students will have spend a decent chunk of their second level education in prefabs, what you talking about building for? :pac:

Getting quite sick of stories about asylum scammers assaulting natives but this one was especially sickening as it rendered the victim homeless just so she could be 'safe'.

Sorry Post, I've watched that whole video and whilst she's a lovely lady and all if you think she's only homeless because of her partner then you're either incredibly naïve or 15 because she's quite obviously a drug addict. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

blanch152 wrote: »
    Some interesting statistics

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp7md/p7md/p7anii/

"Leitrim (3,526) and Sligo (5,892) had the lowest numbers of non-Irish nationals."

Leitrim could do with an influx of outsiders.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/almost-one-in-eight-living-in-ireland-hail-from-abroad-1.2471339

"The European statistics agency said that at 11.8 per cent of the population, Ireland had the sixth highest proportion of foreign nationals."

So we are pretty good in general at welcoming immigrants.

Ballinamore has a population of 910.

One sixth of the population of Fingal is non-national.

That is the equivalent of 151 non-nationals in Ballinamore.

The proposed centre will hold 130.
    That is completely unfair. As I have shown, the facts are that the populations of Dublin City and Fingal contain two of the three highest proportion of non-nationals. Admittedly Galway City was top, but that is a particularly cosmopolitan city.

The rural counties are near the bottom with the likes of Donegal, Offaly, Galway County etc. near the bottom.

Mayo has around half the proportion of Galway City.

To quote Mark Twain
    "There are lies, Damned lies and statistics"

You are quoting all other areas non national population as a percentage of total population, but you reference Leitrims 3,526 non nationals as a stand alone number and not a percentage of the county with the lowest population in Ireland, why??

3526 is 11.1% of the population of Leitrim according to your CSO statistics, only 5 counties have more non nationals,Dublin, Longford, Cavan, Westmeath and Monaghan.

Statistically Ballinamore will already have 11.1% of the 910 population as non nationals so that is 101, then add in 130 more giving you 231 non nationals in a population of 910 +130 = 1040 or 22.2% of non nationals. Higher than any of the big cities.......
    Too often in these debates, the facts get lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

gjim wrote: »
    Curious why would you put quotes around the word "humans"? Normally, ironic quotes are used when you don't think the word is actually appropriate.

Suggesting that a group of people don't fully qualify as human is pretty disgusting.

Of course, it might be just careless use of punctuation?

They are human beings, but some seem to forget that and I am not talking about the ones against these centres and against the whole migrant influx into Europe.

The same ones labelling people right wing have probably contributed to more lost lives in the Med than any supposed or probably even real right winger.

To some these are not people, but a pet project.
    Yeah lets feel great, lets look great and take in a load of people and then dump them, yes fooking dump them, in some out of the way place.
    Shure we have done our part and they are nicely out of the way in someplace the dogooders couldn't give two fooks about anyway.

Europe contrary to what some might think is not capable of taking in half of Africa or half of Asia.
    Ireland isn't capable of looking after it's own population as it is and yet we are now meant to take care of thousands from somewhere else.

And the numbers that want to come to Europe is quite literally hundreds of millions.

When do we say stop.
    I have never ever gotten that answer from the proponents of this migration.

The solution to the like of Africas problems is not to move the population to Europe, but in Africa.

The usual heartstring shyte is pedaled about Syrians, but we all know that most of the ones are not Syrian and have been no where near the place.

The 38 men destined for Achill are from God knows where as has been openly admitted by the authorities.

How is that supposed to gain the confidence of the local community ?

And then you come out and label anyone that questions it as far right.
    gjim wrote: »
    The reason I'm not sure is because lots of posts on this thread, maybe more by accident than design, fall straight into the far right playbook that is well known from history:
    - vilification of a minority (less than 0.1% of the population) - refered to here as "dregs", "uneducatable", etc.

Ar we talking about vilifying small communities in the West of Ireland because I can point to one post here that labeled people in Leitrim as backward idiots.
    And then the jokes about inbreds etc.
    But shure that is ok.

Some of those that have arrived in Europe are the dregs of various countries or maybe rapists and murderers are something else to you.
    We have enough of those already so even if it is 1 in a 100, it is 1 too many.
    And a hell of a lot of the recent arrivals into Europe are uneducated.
    The educated ones usually go through proper channels.

And the real joke is we spend millions on a few thousand here which could actually change the lives of many multiples more in Africa or Asia, even the Middle East.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

enricoh wrote: »

I agree 100%.

If the decision goes against an AS, then they should leave or be deported ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Geuze wrote: »
    I agree 100%.

If the decision goes against an AS, then they should leave or be deported ASAP.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/1m-legal-bill-after-pamela-and-girls-finally-deported-26753400.html

6 years and a million Euro later...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Yet another crime committed by a non existant far right.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,666 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Yet another crime committed by a non existant far right.

I never use the term, the cretins see it as a badge of honor.

I prefer racist scum, simply and apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Boggles

stop pretending you know the perpetrator and motive for the car incident

You’re fooling nobody but yourself

Boggles

You’re fooling nobody but yourself

Hmmmmmm.
    Yep I’d say either QIH or internal sf/ra turmoil

:rolleyes:

Internal sf / ra turmoil is very possible. The dogs in the street know about the Sinn Fein internal issues in that part of the country. Do a bit of research!

• Advertisement

Internal sf / ra turmoil is very possible. The dogs in the street know about the Sinn Fein internal issues in that part of the country.

Oh Right, so when you said this

That didn't apply to you? :rolleyes:

But what do we know?

1. TD calls out racist scum.
    2. TD gets death threats because he called out racist scum.
    3. TD gets his car burnt out in the drive way of his family home.

I'm going to stick with the racist scum involvement.

Now if you have any tangible evidence to the contrary throw it up and I will take a look.

This “calls out racist scum” craic is so juvenile. Easy knowing the schools are off this week

I’ll leave ya to it

Oh Right, so when you said this

That didn't apply to you? :rolleyes:

But what do we know?

1. TD calls out racist scum.
    2. TD gets death threats because he called out racist scum.
    3. TD gets his car burnt out in the drive way of his family home.

I'm going to stick with the racist scum involvement.

Now if you have any tangible evidence to the contrary throw it up and I will take a look.

The difference between you and Beechwood is that he is giving his opinion and stating it is his opinion. You are giving your opinion and stating it as fact.

It is also tangible that it has to do with his statement in support of the Quinn employee. I see more execs there got final warnings/threats yesterday.

The difference between you and Beechwood is that he is giving his opinion and stating it is his opinion. You are giving your opinion and stating it as fact.

No the difference is, I'm given my opinion based on reality.

But he is big boy he doesn't need you underlining his folly.

No the difference is, I'm given my opinion based on reality.

But he is big boy he doesn't need you underlining his folly.

Your opinion carries no weight here. :rolleyes:

Your opinion carries no weight here. :rolleyes:
    Beechwood is that he is giving his opinion and stating it is his opinion.

:rolleyes:

This “calls out racist scum” craic is so juvenile. Easy knowing the schools are off this week

I’ll leave ya to it

Standard predictable response really.

Asked for evidence to back up claim, can't, insults and leaves.

All in order.

I’ve asked you for evidence as well and as per usual the answer has been diddly squat. Not that I expected anything more. What would ya expect from a pig but a grunt as they say

Nice.

I’ve asked ppl for proof for their ranting and ravings and none was forthcoming. Just silly juvenile rubbish about “scum”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

@Boggles - Any chance you could get me a job with you as a shill?
    This real work ****e is no fun.

Advertisement