Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum Seekers Getting Apartments in Ballinamore - mod warning in OP (18/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

bubblypop wrote: »
    Oh well.
    You're not a detective so!

No I'm not .

Nor are Anyone else on this thread

So the safe guarding of our country amounts to a chat with garda dougal from the bog and some finger prints ...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Gatling wrote: »
    Again says who ,

Have you direct experience of these interviews by the gardai in other countries or are you just spoofing ?

I don't know what that poster does but between intervening in migrant interviews with gardai, being friends to hoards of trans people and their work in the muslim community I don't know how they find the time to post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭1641

As for real Syrians the war us over, plenty work rebuilding the place, they can go home, happy days.

Complete nonesense. There are an estimated 1.5 million Syrians living in refugee camps in Lebanon alone - in very poor conditions. If the war was over and peace restored they would, I would guess, love to return. But in many parts the war is not over (follow the news) and in the parts where Assad has regained control there are widespread reports of arrests and torture - anyone suspected of being previously opposed to his regime. There are also tens of thousands in refugee camps in Jordan in apparently dire conditions. Nobody wants to stay there if it is safe to return home.

And, before anyone says it, I am not saying we should take them in. (The numbers we have taken is relativley tiny, by the way). But to suggest it is generally safe to return to Syria is nonesense.

1641 wrote: »
    Complete nonesense.

And, before anyone says, I am not saying we should take them in. (The numbers we have taken is relativley tiny, by the way). But to suggest it is generally safe to return to Syria is nonesense.

This is what the Kremlin are claiming and only Kremlin and their media and social media are running recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,866 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just re-posting this as a number of you are sailing perilously close to joining those already threadbanned
    Beasty wrote: »
    Can everyone please re-read the warning in the OP, as if this continuous back and forth claims/counter claims or demands for back-up continue I will start handing out threadbans, cards and/or forum bans

Any questions PM me

I don't know what that poster does but between intervening in migrant interviews with gardai, being friends to hoards of trans people and their work in the muslim community I don't know how they find the time to post here.

Did I get a stalker?!
    Wow

According to many who pretend to be Syrian when they come from other countries. As for real Syrians the war us over, plenty work rebuilding the place, they can go home, happy days.

There are many who do go home, many refugees from the Balkan wars returned home afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

davycc wrote: »

Sinn Fein regularly have internal sf/ ra feuds so who knows why the car was burned. The truth will out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Varik wrote: »
    And then you've ****ing Sinn Féin with a straight face decrying it.

The problem here is that we should all be decrying it. I don't say that in a bad way.

Politics gotten to a stage where violence is required means the system is broken. Adding layers of politics on top of it and polarizing sides like America will only make it worse.

Sinn Fein regularly have internal sf/ ra feuds so who knows why the car was burned. The truth will out
    The same td received death threats a few days ago after he spoke up of the dangers of the rise of the far right in Ireland . He is a ballinmore man too. Check out yesterday week in politics, every party in the dail where support of the same Sf td

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭1641

Do you genuinely think that the most likely?

"Mr Kenny had also received a death threat in recent days after speaking out against a “far-right ideology that is being peddled in this country” about asylum seekers. ........

Separately, Mr Kenny made a complaint to gardaí last week after receiving a death threat via text which claimed he was a "traitor" and indicated he should be "executed"."

Not a traditional SF supporter but they are genuine contenders now after speaking out publically against far right loons. Much braver than most politicians.

not condoning the car burn out but It could lead to him stepping down from politics and someone anti asylum centre who actually represents the locals stepping in?

1641 wrote: »
    Do you genuinely think that the most likely?

"Mr Kenny had also received a death threat in recent days after speaking out against a “far-right ideology that is being peddled in this country” about asylum seekers. ........

Separately, Mr Kenny made a complaint to gardaí last week after receiving a death threat via text which claimed he was a "traitor" and indicated he should be "executed"."

Not a traditional SF supporter but they are genuine contenders now after speaking out publically against far right loons. Much braver than most politicians.

if you follow the news you will know there’s near constant turmoil in sf internally so yes it could well be an internal sf ra feud

not condoning the car burn out but It could lead to him stepping down from politics and someone anti asylum centre who actually represents the locals stepping in?

If anything they will use this to attempt to label themselves as fighting racism and defenders of the down trodden

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

If anything they will use this to attempt to label themselves as fighting racism and defenders of the down trodden

Sinn Fein are becoming more and more detached from their base, especially in border counties. I can only see them losing more seats going forward, not gaining any. A stagnant party that's going nowhere. They only Hoover up votes in the north because it's either them of a bunch of historical reinactors.

Maybe but if they “champion” the asy seekers I doubt many asy seekers will be voting for them?

It could be electoral suicide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Where is this far right in Ireland, as a matter of interest? I would argue that this is a result of one of the many internal feuds that is going on in SF between the old and the new, of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

more likely to do with QIH

• Advertisement

Berserker wrote: »
    Where is this far right in Ireland, as a matter of interest? I would argue that this is a result of one of the many internal feuds that is going on in SF between the old and the new, of late.

He got death threats a few days ago after speaking out against the growing far right menace. His car was burnt out last night hopefully the garda get forensics from the scene and cctv etc.

The is far right problem up with your fellow northy loyalists paramilitaries English defense league Chelsea headhunters, combat 18 proud fascist and racists immigrant and minority haters.

more likely to do with QIH

Quinn industrial holdings?. Wrong thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

We have a lot of ass holes in this country. I remember the introducion of the gosafe speed vans and someone tried to burn one down while the operator was still inside.

Its not like its so difficult to stick to a speed limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,866 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Eh, what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Yes. For example the Kurdish community in Carrick on Shannon and The Iraqi born Leitrim county hurler.

**** me.

Berserker wrote: »
    Where is this far right in Ireland, as a matter of interest?

Apparently anyone that doesn't believe in unchecked mass migration ,or trans rights are far right .

Imagine a society where the left only had a say

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Quinn industrial holdings?. Wrong thread...
    I was responding to the post about Martin Kenny's car being burnt and suggesting it was more likely to do wtih the QIH stuff

He got death threats a few days ago after speaking out against the growing far right menace. His car was burnt out last night hopefully the garda get forensics from the scene and cctv etc.

The is far right problem up with your fellow northy loyalists paramilitaries English defense league Chelsea headhunters, combat 18 proud fascist and racists immigrant and minority haters.

I was responding to the post about Martin Kenny's car being burnt and suggesting it was more likely to do wtih the QIH stuff

Yep I’d say either QIH or internal sf/ra turmoil

• Advertisement

Yep I’d say either QIH or internal sf/ra turmoil

Yeah if you both believe that i have some magic beans i can sell you.

Go back to the last page and answer my big reply to beserker

Advertisement