Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum Seekers Getting Apartments in Ballinamore - mod warning in OP (18/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Boggles I hereby call upon you to provide some proof for your ramblings??

What’s that sound?? Tumbleweed

Get up the yard

• Registered Users Posts: 39,666 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I’ve asked ppl for proof for their ranting and ravings and none was forthcoming. Just silly juvenile rubbish about “scum”

People or "pigs".

Veil slipping big time lad.

Anyway evidence has all ready been pointed out to you, here it is again.
    But what do we know?

1. TD calls out racist scum.
    2. TD gets death threats because he called out racist scum.
    3. TD gets his car burnt out in the drive way of his family home.

I'm going to stick with the racist scum involvement.

Now if you have any tangible evidence to the contrary throw it up and I will take a look.

Now if you could throw up the evidence that supports your claims, I'd appreciate it.

I'd also appreciate it if you didn't call me a pig.

Friend from the locality sent me a voicemail earlier. The locals are elated about the latest response to their protest. Looks like the centre will not be placed in their town now. Watch this space!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JOBSOXO

Internal sf / ra turmoil is very possible. The dogs in the street know about the Sinn Fein internal issues in that part of the country. Do a bit of research!

This doesn't make sense, the internal SF issues have gone on for a few years now & never resulted in any actions like this previously when things were much more heated. The QIH issue I don't see any connection as to why they would target TD's car, He is not involved. The asylum issue is fairly obvious trigger, unless You have specific research, it is just muddying the water & chinese whispers, IMHO.

JOBSOXO wrote: »
    This doesn't make sense, the internal SF issues have gone on for a few years now & never resulted in any actions like this previously when things were much more heated. The QIH issue I don't see any connection as to why they would target TD's car, He is not involved. The asylum issue is fairly obvious trigger, unless You have specific research, it is just muddying the water & chinese whispers, IMHO.

Just re the QIH issue. He is involved. See previous posts on this thread and on the dedicated thread on Quinn attacks.

• Advertisement

Just re the QIH issue. He is involved.

How?

Boggles wrote: »
    How?

Gave public statements and support to the director who was attacked.

Some friendly advice - keep up with the news a bit more and not just fly off the handle with facile “scum” comments at the first opportunity.

Gave public statements and support to the director who was attacked.

He is the justice spokesman for his party, why wouldn't he? :confused:
    Some friendly advice - keep up with the news a bit more and not just fly off the handle with facile “scum” comments at the first opportunity.

What would you call the people or person that sent him death threats and burnt out his car at his family home? :confused:

Also that is a bit rich coming from you since you just called me a pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I still think we should try to process AS claims within 7 days at the airport / port.

The many Asian men who claim asylum after arriving from the UK could be processed quickly, as they are all bogus.

I can't see why they can't be processed and decision made within 24hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Just re the QIH issue. He is involved.

But if it was those guys surely they would be making sure the world knew? What's the point of an act of intimidation if everybody is going to blame it on someone else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

But if it was those guys surely they would be making sure the world knew? What's the point of an act of intimidation if everybody is going to blame it on someone else?

To intimidate the person who's car was burnt out. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Friend from the locality sent me a voicemail earlier. The locals are elated about the latest response to their protest. Looks like the centre will not be placed in their town now. Watch this space!
    The locals are elated about a car set on fire?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

To intimidate the person who's car was burnt out. :confused:

But if he's going to assume it was about asylum seekers what good is that from their POV?

This is not true.
    Some locals are disgusted by these protests.
    It's embarrassing for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

But if he's going to assume it was about asylum seekers what good is that from their POV?

I’m sure he knows well who done it.

I’m sure he knows well who done it.

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

The locals are elated about a car set on fire?

Who knows how the car caught fire. Old northern tradition, I am sure it was well insured.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beechwoodspark and Boggles - there have been plenty of warnings in this thread - do not post in it again

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I guess this is related.

This is paywalled but it seems that if you just hang on in there until you give birth you're grand

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/pregnant-woman-got-injunction-against-deportation-days-before-giving-birth-1.4066876?mode=amp

Pity to see the country abused like this. It's not good for any of us. :(

I guess this is related.

This is paywalled but it seems that if you just hang on in there until you give birth you're grand

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/pregnant-woman-got-injunction-against-deportation-days-before-giving-birth-1.4066876?mode=amp

Pity to see the country abused like this. It's not good for any of us. :(

The unborn childs father is an Irish citizen. Do you suggest that as an Irish citizen your child should not be entitled to be a citizen also?
    The mother clearly cannot be deported if she is the main caregiver for the child. Or,
    as in this case, still pregnant.
    Or do you think families should be torn apart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I guess this is related.

heavily pregnant Nigerian woman got a High Court injunction preventing her deportation just days before she was due to give birth to a child who would have Irish/EU citizenship, it has emerged.

<snip>

No mod note ?

Someone didn't the story I take

Gatling wrote: »
    Absolutely sickening situation she should be removed immediately and her child denied any right to stay or live here ,funny how the supposed father doesn't live here either-

So now you're suggesting throwing out Irish citizens from their own country?
    I don't believe it says the father doesn't live here?

bubblypop wrote: »
    So now you're suggesting throwing out Irish citizens from their own country?

What citizen she's here illegally remember the whole discussion on deportation orders you and several other ranted about how people who are served deportation orders actually leave seems to prove the Claims as nonsense

What citizen she's here illegally remember the whole discussion on deportation orders you and several other ranted about how people who are served deportation orders actually leave seems to prove the Claims as nonsense

The unborn child I'm talking about

The unborn child I'm talking about

Child be born in Nigeria home of the mother and family

Child be born in Nigeria home of the mother and family

You said the child should be denied any right to live here, so basically you're saying we should deny Irish citizens the right to live in Ireland?

her child denied any right to stay or live here ,.

?

You said the child should be denied any right to live here,

Yeah the mother should be deported immediately and the child will be born in Nigeria ,
    Then the mother should be blacklisted from entering the country in future.

Just goes to show how badly our system is abused by scam artists ,
    Deportation orders don't mean a thing to them and their legal teams completely funded by us Joe Mug the tax payers

Yeah the mother should be deported immediately and the child will be born in Nigeria ,
    Then the mother should be blacklisted from entering the country in future

But you believe that Irish citizens should be blocked from living in Ireland?

• Advertisement

But you believe that Irish citizens should be blocked from living in Ireland?

I believe the mother should immediately deported the child would be a Nigerian citizen .

Not our problem or responsibility - the mother is a liar and scam artist nothing she said in court should be entertained and dismissed as lies

Advertisement