Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Is it a NI landline call? If so, does 048 prefix work?

If it's a mobile number or if 0044 prefix is used for landline, then that's charged at 23c per minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Gooser14

If you were using the 0044 prefix then you have probably reached the €30 out of bundle limit. The block will remain in place until you pay your next bill. This is covered in the GoMo FAQs.

Post edited by Gooser14 on

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Romero

Hi all just wondering when using your 10GB roaming allowance say in Spain does it reset at the end of the month? For example family member was in France at the start of month and used some roaming data and is now in Spain and using some more of here data. So on the 1st of July will this reset the roaming limit back to 10GB or was it reset from return from France and 10GB limit kicks of again from Arrival in Spain?

Also do you get any alert when your approaching your 10GB roaming Limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,929 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just saw this , if you've given notice to end your contract port ASAP as if you don't before expiry of notice period it will be a nightmare as your number will deactivate and can't be ported . You'll then have to get number reactivated onto a prepay basis at further expense and hassle before porting to gomo.

If you've not given notice of cancellation, I'd still port ASAP, it's near impossible to avoid a final bill but if you don't port before next billing cycle, the final bill will go into next bill cycle, best to act sooner rather than later , but I can not reiterate the importance of porting before expiry of current contract if you've given notice. Porting over just does the cancellation automatically for you and final bill issued by previous network.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

As Wi-Fi calling isn’t supported on gomo on the pixel 3a I’m looking for suggestions for a replacement. I know wifi calling on Samsung and apple devices will work well but would appreciate feedback on other brands. I seen one or two posts regarding issues with xiaomi sending an update and then indirectly breaking Wi-Fi calling for gomo customers so want to try and avoid any issues like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Thanks for the reply. No I didn’t give notice of cancellation. It’s just scheduled to port over on ‘My GoMo’ on next Tuesday the 28th. My contract is up on Monday 27th. I assumed you couldn’t do it until contract expired. So you are saying I could do it now if I wanted?

Post edited by Micky 32 on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭CoBo55

So I rescheduled my port for this morning at 10am. At exactly 10am it ported over straight away no messing, I’m roaming at the moment and even roaming worked straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

due to port on friday. i've received my new sim, got a dual sim phone, should i put it in and enter the puk and pin now? on the account online it is showing the new number and that im due to port my proper number on friday

• Advertisement

My one complaint about GoMo /Eir is their signal and band management. It’s awful. Firstly the 4G signal threshold is too high. If the 4g signal gets a bit low it drops down to 3G too easily. I saw a lot of 3G on the M4 heading to Longford. On vodafone you’d rarely see 3G on the M4.

Living in Longford I have noticed it likes to keep switching 4g bands a lot. One moment you could have a 4g speed test of 100mb+ but 5 minutes later I could get a 4G speed test of 1.6 mb. Other than that I still think GoMo is worth the money. Signal coverage overall is quite good. I stream music a lot while driving and I haven’t experienced any gaps in the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I've seen similar with Vodafone too. I stream radio a lot while I'm out and about and find that it very often kicks me back to 3G and leaves me there until I stop streaming. Doesn't seem to be phone related because I've had the issue with multiple handsets on the same SIM.

Yeah most phones do that. If I’m streaming and it drops back to 3g it will remain there for as long as possible. What I’m talking about is when I’m not streaming. Eir seems to drop back to 3g sooner than Vodafone if the 4G signal becomes weaker. Vodafone holds on to the 4G signal longer. Different threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

Yeah the threshold is fairly low on Eir for some reason. I generally see a switch to 3G around -108dbm to -111dbm. Vodafone and Three seem to hold on for longer.

I have noticed that masts in big towns seem to hold onto 4G longer if you’re in a low signal area.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lads, am in Spain and whilst phone says its roaming I can't seem to use data. Have all the settings correct and APN looks correct.

Worked OK in UK and France a few weeks back, have tweeted them but in the interim any ideas what the problem could be?

Is affecting both an android and iPhone on GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Try manually selecting different telecom companies. I've found sometimes it will work with one and not another.

Admittedly that was for voice calls not data, but worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Trying to find if today’s roaming regulations have any impact. Is it still 10gbs roaming or is it unlimited?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thanks have tried that and still no data. Customer care on twitter can't seem to resolve the issue either.

Annoying as normally it works seamlessly when abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sinkadinka

Anyone having issues switching over to GOMO ? My daughter ordered a new sim on 28th which arrived last Friday, we logged onto my account to move her number but there is no option there to move number. We contacted them via webchat and they said there was a delay but it would be resolved. She’s had no phone all weekend, it’s not a major issue but she’s heading away this week so we really need to get her phone back up and running . Any help appreciated !!

• Advertisement

Hi, I'm not aware of any delays, there is an option to move your number in your daughters gomo account, this is for those who did not choose to move number at point of sale.

If she's under pressure with going away, her number should sill be active on old sim and if prepay she could do a top up but I know not ideal.

Go ahead and port number, best done weekdays but weekend fine. Just be careful she can recieve verification text, her number still active and if account, account number to hand, if prepay, choose that option.

I'll link were to find FAQ etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BearMarketFresh

Any one have any network service issues the past few days?

Calls are dropping on me and I'm struggling to hear the other person at times on calls.

The only issue I have is the 99% 4G coverage baloney. You need to be fairly close to a mast to maintain 4G while travelling. I was on the N5 today and all I mostly got was 3G. They were 4G masts that I was connected to. Their threshold to fall back to 3G when 4G signal drops to a certain level is too low. For me it’s annoying and disappointing. I wonder if they do this to prevent their 4G masts having to be throttled due to high traffic.

Don't forget it's 99% population coverage they claim & not geographical coverage.

I still find it hard to believe it’s even that. Similar phone in the car on Vodafone managed to maintain 4G mostly along the route where they share same mast sites.

On a plus side, testing against GoMo and now Eir apart from the 5G you are getting the same service and speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭opus

Just to close off this query, all worked fine in Norway along with the UK & NI on the way back. No extra charges. I did notice it takes quite a while for the phone to connect when you arrive into the country but then it's fine after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Howdy

I forgot I got this at launch and I never switched over. I've been paying the tenner a month ever since! :-o.

I'm currently on Three paying about €55 a month. I rarely text or call, so it's mainly used over wifi and data usage but nothing heavy.

How has it been? Is it worth the change over? I currently have unlimited data on three from an old plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I have been on it since it launched. I couldn't fault it for €10 a month. I used it in other European countries too a few times and it has been perfect.

Advertisement