Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,931 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I don't know enough about WiFi calling so others might be able to help.

I wouldn't think phone type should make much of a difference re achieving data speeds etc but there may obviously be speed differences between networks 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

anyone ever get 2fa texts resolved? not being able to use banking is a nightmare

Has this being on a long time, recently 🤔

I've had not issue at all with 2fa sms and I get alot , from reports I've seen on this issue it generally ends up being a sender issue not a network issue, I assume you've checkee your not blocking unknown numbers in device settings

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Same. In the last few weeks I've gotten 2FA texts from Avant, Revolut & Curve. No issues.

I've heard a lot of complaints about these 2FA sms not being received and from what I've seen the problems eventually trace back to source of SMS , I've honestly not ever had a problem in over 2 years .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭opus

I've never had a problem with 2fa texts either must admit.

I'm travelling to Norway at the end of the week, it's not in the EU & it's not clear on the GoMo site what charges would apply. The Eir site suggests you can roam there just like in the EU so has anybody any first hand knowledge of using a GoMo SIM there. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Going by the GoMo site Norway is in the EEA section. No roaming charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

Never worked since day one. Have it more than 6 months. I think it was a porting issue . But they never resolved it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The EU Roaming Regulation is applicable across the EEA - the EU 27, Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein.

What regularly catches folk out with roaming charges is Switzerland, which is closely bound to the EU but not in the EEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I find that some of the 2fa SMS get sent to the blocked folder on my phone.

If you are receiving standard SMS and calls the porting process was completed fully and successfully, if you've difficulty calling or receiving calls from a specific network there may be a porting issue.

2FA sms can have to appearance of spam, if your device settings blocks unknown or witheld numbers it can reject 2FA sms and may end up in spam folder.

It's more likely a sender issue rather than network issue but if you've eliminated possible issues, such as device settings and contacted Bank etc then it may be a GoMo issue

Networks have responsibilities and given the reliance now of 2FA my best advice is to ramp up complaint procedure to comreg.

You'll have a case number from emails from GoMo, if not email them and response will have ref number. With this, go onto Comreg, layout issue and GoMo will be required to investigate and resolve. You have to have proof of an attempt to resolve issue with GoMo or network provider before comreg will take up complaint , but be sure to eliminate Sender or Device as being the cause of the problem first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

AIUI anyone who had 2FA problems with Gomo had little if any success via Comreg. It seems that 2FA isn't considered a "must provide" feature (IMO it should be) so don't expect a resolution from Comreg (try it but be prepared for disappointment).

Porting may be an issue for 2FA SMS if the routing database isn't updated across all systems and networks. Gomo seem to either not know or care how to resolve it so they'll just stonewall until you give up.

IMO a solution / workaround is to get a PAYG SIM and use it for 2FA SMS only in an old 2G phone or in a dual SIM smartphone and never port that number. 48 SIM may suit for such use as it stays active indefinitely without top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭opus

Perfect, that will make things a lot easier. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

For any of you thinking of changing to GoMo now is not the time. They have had an issue since at least last Wednesday where they are unable to activate new SIM's. The answer from them is it will be fixed "shortly".

Clearly they have total disregard for their customers as any normal company gets people in working round the clock until this is fixed. For an issue to go on for at least 9 days tells me this is not being taken seriously.

I received a new sim last Monday. It is a temporary number until i port next week. The new sim works perfectly fine.

You had to activate the new sim? Or was it activate already when you received it? My issue is activating a replacement SIM and I have seen other users on Twitter etc. with the same issue that have received replacement SIM's this week.

It was activated I’d say, worked straight out of the box.

I have to say I’m impressed by GoMo so far. Been using it since last Monday. Mostly traveling around Longford and Leitrim this week. GoMo vs Vodafone signal wise much of a muchness as they say. I was streaming music from YouTube through car play while driving through parts of Leitrim where low signal would be common with all networks and the music didn’t stop once. 14:99 vs 45 euro a month and I can’t tell the difference in service. Vodafone is unlimited vs 120gb but I have only used 2gb since Monday. I have WiFi at home.

Of course customer service there could be a difference and I have yet to see how roaming works out.

• Advertisement

Has anyone ever seen 4G+ on their android phone. I was trying out the network on a Samsung phone and I have never seen + come up on my travels. Maybe it’s reserved for the Eir network ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Yes I have it at the moment

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

See it all the time on my phone, fairly normal these days to have 4g+

Great thanks, was just wondering why I have never seen it on mine yet. I would have thought In a big town I’d have CA. Mine says CA:NONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

My existing number was due to be switched onto the new gomo sim about an hour ago but still has not done so. Does it take a few hours typically ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭KildareP

Some phones don't difference single 4G from 4G with CA, so it will always show 4G regardless.

I’m using a cheap Samsung A13 with my GoMo sim at the moment. I suspect it doesn’t support CA. I downloaded an app that you can tell what bands you are connected to with CA. The phone only stays connected to one band.

Does anyone know what would happen if i ported my number over 5 days before my contract is up? Is it best to leave it until expires?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

All was good from launch until now. I have recently had reason to call a number in the North a few times. It worked the first few times but then cut out mid call and every time I try again I get "You are barred from making outgoing calls". Calls/texts to +353 numbers work fine and so does data but I can't make the call I want.

GoMo customer service slow to respond and so far not much use.

Anyone have a similar problem/ fix

If I can't get this sorted I will leave but I would prefer to stay as all has been good to now and the price is great

Advertisement