Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anyone else think it's only a matter of time before Gomo renege on there €9.99 lifetime offer???

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

I see no evidence of this. Eir continue to offer a €9.99pm SIM-only mobile add-on to new and existing bundled customers, and this includes 5G and all customer-care options, unlike their GoMo offer. This proves they can still make money on €9.99pm mobile. Granted GoMo is pitched as "For Life", whereas, you need to re-contract each year for standard Eir Sim-Only to avail of the €9.99 price. Although there is no age restriction, GoMo is pitched at the youth sector. Over time, most GoMo €9.99 customers are likely to migrate to bundled offers as they 'grow up' and need fibre/TV or 5G. Some will also migrate to work SIMs at some stage in their career, and if they drop GoMo at any stage, they will lose the €9.99 offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

The Eir network has come a long way in the last couple of years. I was on Vodafone. Would you agree? They seem to be putting a lot of new masts up. My local 5G mast gives approx 850mb download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭GIMP

Found the opposite, had gomo for a week, indoor coverage where i needed it was woeful and they had a 2 day outage the same week, went back to Vodafone swiftly, no issues since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Glaceon

With so many companies adopting this CPI+3% crap I definitely hope not.

• Advertisement

I suppose it might depend where you are. I find signal might be better for one carrier than the other in different locations. Much of a muchness. I’m with them a few weeks and i have found Eir quite good so far. My only gripe is that it likes to drop back to 3G too easily when 4G signal drops a bit while driving but still streams music ok.

My gripe with Vodafone is that they need to upgrade their network. It’s getting quite archaic. Some large towns still only have old 3G masts where the others have 5G. However i see that they are promising an upgrade this year. If they fulfill their promise i could go back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭MenloPete

I can't login to MyGoMo this evening. The site redirects to shop.mygomo.ie and just sits there with a spinning circle...

Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Devilfish698

Is anyone having trouble with gomo lately? Again today my Internet has gone and even lost coverage on a phone call and the call was cancelled.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Had an issue recently with no data roaming in Spain despite using their preferred roaming partner. Texts and voice still worked.

Help desk (via twitter) told me to order a replacement SIM card which I need to do. Coverage at home as been a bit patchy too and was wondering of its sim card related too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Devilfish698

I dont know what is wrong with them. They are a pain lately. There live chat is useless too. This is the second time in 2 weeks ots happened to me. Coverage was grand at home but now nothing can bearly send a message let alone use the Internet

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mihalk

Is anyone else having problems with roaming in the EU?

I am currently in Germany and I can roam but... data roaming is basically unusable. I am only getting 2G.

I did not have problems last year but since then many countries in the EU have decommissioned 3G (including Germany).

I am unable to join the shown 4G networks, only 2G. Gomo says this is due to the phone (an S20FE snapdragon version), but trying other phones gives me the same 2G only result with the gomo SIM.

Is anyone else seeing this - or is there anyone that can report actually being able to join 4G in Germany using the gomo SIM?

Had the same issue in Spain a few weeks back and they told me to get a replacement SIM card which I still need to do.

Texts and voice calls would work but not data. Are you using their preferred network partner there? I thought you didn't need to use a certain network but their twitter people said you did. Made no difference to my situation.

You would wonder are the days of roaming coming to an end. Maybe there’s a problem with phones falling back to 2g from 4g when making a call hence why they are set to stay on 2g.

You would think VoLTE roaming would be sorted by now. What is the delay? They knew networks were shutting down the older technology . Is it too costly for networks to implement? Vodafone claim they are ‘ working on it’. There maybe no incentive to set it up because they can’t charge for roaming in the EU especially if it’s costly.

Data E sims like Airalo might be a solution for now.

I'd say it's more likely that the network doesn't have a 4G roaming agreement with the foreign provider. So when the foreign 3G network was shut down, 2G is all that was left.

I thought Eir/Gomo supported 4g roaming in most of Europe?. I know Vodafone did when i travelled around europe and USA

I can't say for GoMo/Eir but you're right about Vodafone. I was in Milan recently and had Vodafone Italy on 4G. Same in the US, usually AT&T or T-Mobile 4G.

They use Orange in Spain but data wouldn't work for me even using that. Texts and voice was the only thing that worked. Tried Vodafone ES and notkng would work on that one.

Increased data allowance within the EU...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I have a Pixel 3a and neither VOLTE nor WIFI calling will work. Can I assume this will be the same if I upgrade to the newly announced Pixel 6a?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Is anyone having trouble with wifi calling on GoMo today? It's not working on mine nor my wife's phone and when I try to turn it on via the phone settings it prompts me to contact Eir!!

It had been working flawlessly for at least a year so maybe some outage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Mine seems to be working, is your broadband OK?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Broadband is fine. The feature is actually turned off in the phone settings and I can’t switch it back on. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Beagslife

Wondering if anyone saw a reference anywhere of the current €14.99 offer only being guaranteed till the end of July? As in, the cost might increase after that point for new subscribers. I'm sure I read it somewhere but cannot see a source. I'm up and running with it anyway, with much better coverage in my rural area of Donegal!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

I am on Movie star in Spain getting about 7 down and 32 up

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Just connected to another network YOIGO in Spain 70 down 8 up

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

On this: the roaming allowance is linked to your own one. I have exhausted my own home data allowance, so to continue to have internet access I had to agree to extra charges, which can ve quite steep.

I should have said I tried all 3 of those and data didn't work for any of them. Their twitter help said their preferred network was Orange. The only network nothing worked on was Vodafone ES.

Was the Caneries if that would make any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

And?

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement