Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo FAQs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭smndly

Im having a problem porting from Eir to GOMO:

Port went through on the date in question on the GOMO account. So when logged in to the gomo website my own phone number is there as it should be.

However, when I use my phone it is the gomo sim number that comes up not the original number. GOMO chat says the port has been successful which it appears to be on the account. The internet is working fine.

Anyone have a similar issue which they managed to fix?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

This was a big issue early on with GoMo. Some folk were sent out the wrong SIMs and found their numbers had been ported to SIMs sent to others or to SIMs that were still sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

I'd recommend requesting a replacement GoMo SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

Just noticed today that i have a new symbol in my status bar, vo lte1 beside my 4g symbol. Been with gomo since the 9.99 deal and symbol only showed up today. My phone recently had an update from samsung so dont know whether its on samsungs end or gomos end?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭spuddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭KildareP

Both, it's Voice over LTE or 4G Calling.

GoMo appear to be rolling it out alongside WiFi Calling - 4G calling means your phone stays on 4G data instead of dropping back to 3G and WiFi calling lets you make and take calls and texts even if you have no mobile signal once you are connected to a decent WiFi network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone got any suggestions or had similar issue

Calls going to voicemail, despite being in coverage and no change to diverts, if phone switched off and back on, or a call made first, then calls coming through. Have tried 2 seperate handsets and issue is still happening.

So can rule out diverts and handsets, sim was also replaced and that hasn't solved it. I'm in Dublin in good coverage area but it appears to be network related, but whoever I'm getting on chat seem none the wiser or like they can escalate it further

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

hi just wondering can anyone help with this. i cant make or receive any calls since yesterday. have mobile data which is working fine. tried a few different things but had no luck. any ideas how to fix this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

Does gomo not have chat or support available on weekends? Herself tryin to port number but site wont send activation code to her current number to start port

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I am with Google unfortunately. No I never wanted to be but that's complicated. I was perfectly happy with my Vodafone number and sim. Anyone when I started using the Google sim at first over a year ago it was OK but now I am restricted on numbers I can call. Why is this? I get the "Not Registered on Network" bullshit like wtf does that even mean?

It is really annoying. Sometimes I can ring a number and other times I will not be able to ring that number.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Hi

Anyone know what the roaming I'd like in Germany on this network.

Was recently in Gran Canaria and it was very poor.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Worked 100% for me in germany anyway before covid, Worked grand a month or 2 ago in Lanzarote also.

Did you have bad coverage or what was your issue?

I had a 5g symbol appear on my iphone today anyone know if it was glitch or are gomo getting ready to launch 5g im on the original 9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Very bad data coverage while over there. The son uses them and he was moaning a lot about it any time we left a WiFi zone. I am on three and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thankfully it is working now on my iPhone 13 Pro Max with GoMo! 🎉🎉🎉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Oh how I would love to see that on my iPhone! I saw it many times when I was using a Galaxy S21 Ultra! Never saw it with the Pixel 6 Pro. Which iPhone are you using thanks? I am OG €9.99 GoMo as well with a 13 Pro Max!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

5G all day today so far. Have a Samsung S20 FE.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I still can't get OTP from KBC, and possibly other places too. I gave up trying to get it fixed (or moved to revolut) but I think I will have to try in vain to get it fixed again. GoMo throw their hands up and says it not them, senders of OTP say it's the network.

Has anyone gotten this fixed by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭timetogo1

This is not much help to you but I'm with Gomo & KBC too. The one time notifications from KBC arrive on my phone. Looking back over my history the only time I get them really is when I do a large top up on Revolut. Last transfer I did was on 1st April.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seekenee

I was over in Spain last week and I couldn't get the data to work, the calls were working.

I set the APN to hicard as per Go Mo instructions but it still didn't work

what have been people's experiences of roaming with Go Mo in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

What phone you using? I was in spain a few weeks ago with an iphone and worked 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 seekenee

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

The APN should be the same when roaming (data.myeirmobile.ie). Hicard is an APN for a completely different network in Singapore called GoMo. It’s the first hit on Google so easy mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

In Bosnia and can’t use my phone without wifi.

Got texts to say I must go to roamingalerts.com to accept data charges.

When I click on the link, there’s a message from Eir saying to call 01 4307085.

Is this real? Seems a ridiculous way of having to use a mobile phone in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,916 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm guessing as Bosnia is not in EU, there's no roaming agreement in place and in fact I'd be advising extreme caution as you may get hammered, it may be a blessing your not able to use data. Whilst Gomo separate from EIR it is owned by them and that may be the reason for that message.

Use WiFi only and turn off your data until you confirm what the situation is, I'd also be very careful making calls and sending texts.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Thanks for the advice, but my problem is that I can’t access data. There will be times I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,916 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I understand that but I believe because there's no roaming agreement and roaming arrangements don't apply in non EU countries it's not available because it would be prohibitively expensive, GOMO customer care is terrible at the best of times and chat normally not reachable at weekends. Eir won't assist with GoMo customer enquiries.

Even if GoMo permitted data ,your bills would be horrendous.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Bellie1

For a month or so since the vo lte1 showed on phone, I had access to mobile data even when on a call . Assumed was because of that. It was very handy. Stopped working last week so now can't use mobile data when on call. The vo lte1 symbol disappears when on the call. Is there some setting I should change. Did security update in Samsung phone, that's the only change I can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭GIMP

I received my Gomo sim today, should it come provisioned to connect to the network? I am awaiting the port over in a few days but often networks allow access on the donor number until port has completed. Currently the sim is picking up no network on a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Is it possible that your phone is locked to a different service provider such as Three, Vodafone, Tesco Mobile etc. If it is then you need to request the unlock code, if eligible, from your current service provider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭GIMP

Definitely not its a dual sim unlocked handset, I just have no signal on Gomo sim and just wondering if it should already be picking up the network on the temporary 085 number they supply before the port completes?

Advertisement