Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Beagslife

My bad, seems like it was an eir promotion that is ending on the 27th July. Still very happy to be signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jack1942

I have emailed GOMO however they say I have to talk to them using CHAT but its not available on their website at all every time I check. Getting charged for 2 sims and only using one .... cant get talking to anyone...

Has anyone been able to talk to GOMO using chat recently ?????

My debit card expired and so payment did not come out. Called when I realised what had happened and they said they could not put a new card on my account without them having to send out a new sim. I asked if I can keep my number which they said I could. No new sim arrived but new sim number appeared on my bill and I am being charged for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Replying to myself here! I still have this problem (as well as my wife) days later. Tried all the usual tricks, restarted phone, re-inserted SIM, reset network settings, used other Wifi networks, nothing fixes it. Can't enable WiFi calling. I wonder do many other people rely on this feature like I do? I'm really wondering if this is a widespread issue that other people simply haven't noticed as they don't really use the feature. Unfortunately I totally rely on it as my regular phone coverage inside my house is awful. It seems a mad coincidence that both my wife and I have the problem which surely suggests a widespread problem.

I've tried contacting GoMo via Twitter... unsurprisingly they're slow to respond and so far have been zero help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Out of curiosity, what brand of phone(s)?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

I'm using a Samsung so I'm no help, but I've been using it on three or four different wifis since you mentioned it with no problems.

Cheers. Yeah I don't think the WiFi network is the issue anyway... you should be able to at least enable the feature in the device settings, irrespective of whether you're connected to Wifi or not but I can't even do that. I get a "Please contact Eir to enable this on your account" error!

Hopefully someone else with an iPhone will drop by!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Don't have an iPhone but WiFi calling working here on a Nokia 7+.

Definitely sounds like something in your WiFi -network-router settings with both phones having the same problem.

Maybe a cell tower problem. Is there any other house close by you could check WiFi calling on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Hi Joe. The iphones don’t have a pending software update by any chance,? Or a network update? Could go to settings, general and then about to see if a patch comes in. Long shot i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭wassie

They have improved since the did a big network upgrade during the pandemic to help with people working from home. We are on a mobile 4G broadband connection and getting very good coverage (around 100/50 speeds) since the nearby tower was upgraded. Before 2020 I would have said Eir was rubbish.

Their customer service still sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭wassie

These are network dependant features available on supported handsets. Google Pixels are not sold by Eir and hence not supported for this and also 5G. Theres a whole thread on this here: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058179390/google-pixel-5-and-eir-5g/

Thanks Micky, yep, up to date, latest iOS, 15.6.

The eir 5G mast in Longford is impressive . I saw download speeds of 800!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Cheers wassie

Might need to find a new phone brand to latch on to, I presume Motorola are out similarly as they are part-owned by Google

Finally got the WiFi calling problem sorted out on both mine and my wife's phones. I got onto customer care for my own case and they suggested I swap my SIM into another phone, which I did, and that seemed to do the trick! Was able to activate it on the other phone and then when I swapped the SIM back into my own phone, all was good. They told me that they didn't do anything on their end, but I have my doubts as my wife separately contacted them for her phone (they wouldn't entertain me doing it on her behalf, GDPR, etc) and they told her they had to re-activate it for her account on their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mihalk

Sorry for the delay.

I tried all of their recommended partners here: o2, Vodafone and Telekom.de. These are the only networks my phone sees.

I am offered 2G and 4G for all three, so 6 networks. If I try to join any network apart from Telekom.de 2G I get "can't connect try later".

Telekom.de is the only network that will connect (2G)

Does anyone think gomo is in fact having the same issue as 48.ie with 3G going down to 2G in Europe?:

"Technology

48 says no data roaming in parts of Europe until September

The Three-owned budget mobile operator says customers won’t be able to access services such as Whatsapp or email in Germany, the Netherlands and the Czech Republic until September at the earliest, due to a lack of 3G connectivity in those countries"

https://m.independent.ie/business/technology/48-says-no-data-roaming-in-parts-of-europe-until-september-41814751.html

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭breeno

Hey all. Sorry if it's been asked loads but having trouble with searching on my phone browser. The site says there's a 15 quid activation charge. Does that mean if I port over from 3 my first month will be 30 quid ie 15 activation and then 15 for the service or is there some usage included in the activation?

No you won’t get charged 30 euro. You get charged 15 euro at the start but that includes your first months usage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The rest of the calendar month you sign up. So it makes sense to sign up at the beginning of a month rather than the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭epfff

I am having trouble with some calls(2 contacts).

When I swipe to answer they are cut off and come up as missed call on my phone. I have no problem calling back.

Went to phone shop and they saying it's my gomo Sim. Is this possible?

Why am I only having this problem with 2 contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

I’ve received five texts this evening from the gomo “call catcher” from three different people in my contacts saying I missed a call from them today at time etc.

However when I called them back they all said they had not called me.

Weird. anyone experience this on the gomo network before?

I had this problem also with one contact today and had dropped calls with another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭epfff

My phone rings as normal it's when I swipe to answer it cuts them off and a missed call appears

That’s happening me now today. And when I dial out it fails and I’ve to dial a 2nd time.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

i spent a week in Holland recently and I was getting unreal speeds on GoMo roaming, on 4G I was getting anywhere from 80mb to 220mb down and on 5G which I had throughout amsterdam, the Hague and a little town called Leiden I was getting 450mb-600mb. I actually went through the full 13gb in the week too. I had another GoMo sim that we were using in a dongle, I was sure glad of that as my wife and daughter are both with 48 and all they had over there was Edge due to there no longer being a 3G network in the Netherlands.

Roaming 4G Germany

Just to say that this morning I suddenly got 4G+ here after many weeks of 2G only.

A week or so ago I changed the apn from data.mymeteor to data.eirmobile... which could have had an effect on this (did not leas to an immediate change at the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Hi I see u have a gomo sim in a dongle. Any tip for me. I put a gomo sim in my eir huewie modem yesterday after turning off sim puck code security protection on my phone. Put sim into modem worked great. But turn modem on this morning I can't get service from it. I'd say I have to renter sim code again to unlock the sim. Is there a way around this thanks. PS I just put sim into my phone it didn't require pin. Placed back into the modem and it worked. Turned modem on and off and it still worked. I wonder if it will work again when I turn modem on tonight.

Post edited by vince on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Herself on hols in salou at min. Her texts work but data roaming she cant sort she has no toggle switch for data roaming. Samsung a20e. Will she be charged for receiving and sending calls and texts?

Advertisement