Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭Doge

Has there been any solution to receiving OTA / 2FA texts yet?

The dedicated thread has not being updated since March so i thought I'd ask in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Doge wrote: »
    Has there been any solution to receiving OTA / 2FA texts yet?

The dedicated thread has not being updated since March so i thought I'd ask in here.

I have no problems with KBC, Permanenttsb, Avantcard, revolut or mygov.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

to add I've no problems with Parcel Motel, Samsung, Virgin media, AN Post, Amazon, AIB or N26 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Having fierce problems last number of weeks accessing voicemail.
    I don't think it's Gomo directly, could be my phone

It had been working fine since I set it up in January but then I started to get notifications that I need to input my voicemail number which I haven't a clue what it should be so I just put in 0035387******" which is my number.
    And did same for call forwarding when calls not answered or phone busy to that number also.
    But all I get when I get a notification for a voicemail message and ring voicemai is my voice recording asking me to leave a message.
    Contacted Gomo and they said voicemail number is 171. So I tried inserting that and all I get when I ring it is number unavailable.

Anyone got any idea of what I've done wrong or exactly is the voicemail number

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try to put a 5 after the 087 and before your number, then press # as soon as the greeting kicks in, it should prompt you for your password. Not a solution, more like a workaround.

• Advertisement

I have no problems with KBC, Permanenttsb, Avantcard, revolut or mygov.
    cookie1977 wrote: »
    to add I've no problems with Parcel Motel, Samsung, Virgin media, AN Post, Amazon, AIB or N26 either.

Thanks for the replies.
    Having problems with Microsoft and the Lidl Plus App.

Sony works fine though.

Thanks for the replies.

Sony works fine though.
    Lidl plus app is working fine for me. I use the Microsoft authenticator app and not the phone. Maybe try that??

New Home wrote: »
    Try to put a 5 after the 087 and before your number, then press # as soon as the greeting kicks in, it should prompt you for your password. Not a solution, more like a workaround.

Also 171 is only for accessing voicemail from ones own phone. Forward should be to 08x5xxxxxxx as new home outlined.

171 you can dial from your phone and it should automatically get you into your voicemail to listen and configure.

Cheers for that. Managed to get into the messages and hear and delete them.
    At least I know now how to get into them.
    Pity I have to keep putting in my pin just to access them though.

Any idea why this might have happened

Thanks for the replies.

Sony works fine though.

There are some reports in the Lidl Plus thread that people have issues getting the sms if they have bared premium sms messages.

Have you bared those?

• Advertisement

Berberis wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Managed to get into the messages and hear and delete them.
    At least I know now how to get into them.
    Pity I have to keep putting in my pin just to access them though.

Any idea why this might have happened

Try dialing 171 from your phone to see if you get in that way without your PIN.

Also 171 is only for accessing voicemail from ones own phone. Forward should be to 08x5xxxxxxx as new home outlined.

171 you can dial from your phone and it should automatically get you into your voicemail to listen and configure.

Cheers for reply.
    I have inserted my number with the 5 inserted
    And I also inserted it in the call forwarding settings for
    When busy
    When unanswered and when unreachable
    And I have Always forward turned off.

But when I dial the voicemail 171, I just get the number you dialled is not available.

Very strange because up until a number of weeks ago 171 always got me into voicemail

Berberis wrote: »

But when I dial the voicemail 171, I just get the number you dialled is not available.

Very strange because up until a number of weeks ago 171 always got me into voicemail

I would go back to GoMo about that, if you can access the voicemail via the 5 than your voicemail should work fine.

Test it with a different phone if you have access to one just to rule out your phone but it should not make a difference.

I would go back to GoMo about that, if you can access the voicemail via the 5 than your voicemail should work fine.

Test it with a different phone if you have access to one just to rule out your phone but it should not make a difference.

Thanks again to yourself and New Home for the help.
    I'll try a different phone I have knocking about somewhere before contacting Gomo again

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Cheap skate as I am, that's how I used to get around voicemail charges when I was with Vodafone
    They charged you for calls to voicemail through 171, but they had free Vodafone to Vodafone calls. :cool:

There are some reports in the Lidl Plus thread that people have issues getting the sms if they have bared premium sms messages.

Have you bared those?

Nope,

Everything is default, pretty sure I never went near those settings:

523259.jpg

Strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Cheap skate as I am, that's how I used to get around voicemail charges when I was with Vodafone
    They charged you for calls to voicemail through 171, but they had free Vodafone to Vodafone calls. :cool:

08x5xxxxxxx is also handy to give to people who you generally don't want to talk to but you can't ignore completely; annoying relatives or colleagues/bosses for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Long time since I followed this thread but thinking of getting a new phone
    Is 5G still working or has the network been enabled (officially) for 5G in the past 6 months?

fritzelly wrote: »
    Long time since I followed this thread but thinking of getting a new phone
    Is 5G still working or has the network been enabled (officially) for 5G in the past 6 months?
    I dont think it's officially supported and the network is fairly limited but I can pick up 5G on my sim free note 10+ in many areas around me. It's not super fast (same as 4G to be honest at between 60 and 100 Mbps) but I do find when in a 5G area it is a very stable consistent speed which is not what I get from 4G.
    I wouldn't be joining the network just because of 5G though. It's just a bonus when you're paying 9.99 for 80GBs of data per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Grand thanks makes life easier. Have asked for the unlock code so will wait until today arrives and then start the transfer. Thanks.

I'm paying €40pm with VF & want to switch. I'm going to ask them how long I've left. From reading thread everyone seems to have ok experience with GoMO and it's cheapest on switcher.ie.

Did you keep your number? I need to keep it for work and don't want outage.

• Advertisement

FionnK86 wrote: »
    I'm paying €40pm with VF & want to switch. I'm going to ask them how long I've left. From reading thread everyone seems to have ok experience with GoMO and it's cheapest on switcher.ie.

I kept my number. I had zero problems with my move (unlike when I moved from vodafone to Virgin prior to that). It does appear to me GOMO is great unless you need to contact CS. I've been using it since January (my mother since May) with no problems at all. Here's hoping that lasts!

You can keep your number, but it might be a good idea that instead of giving them a date/time to port when you order the SIM, that you do it later instead.

That way you can try the service in your region(s) and see if it works for you.

If not, you have your 14 day cancellation period.

It it works for you, than you port (which you can do online) and once you confirm that you are the owner via an SMS the number is transferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Bear in mind that customer service is poor and it's online only. Only the most basic queries get a response. If your signal does drop you will be left hanging, not knowing how long it will be down for.

It's run by Eir and they have the worst customer service of any network atm.

It's run by Eir and they have the worst customer service of any network atm.

That is debateable. Three is way worse in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

All the comm companies I've dealt with are terrible, VF can be the pits. I've never dealt with Eir but I have with Gomo on a few occasions and found them less frustrating than VF.
    Strangely enough I was once searching for a phone number for Gomo and accidentally got connected to Gomo Singapore, I was chatting away to Ravi for several minutes before the penny dropped with him that I was in Ireland. The contrast to dealing with CS in Ireland was amazing, this was a friendly, helpful guy who actually seemed to know what he was talking about. Big disappointment when I had to try for Ireland again. Gomo Singapore is a mobile phone company too, don't know if there's is any connection but if there is, Ireland has a long way to go.

I made a list of the good ones:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I've found Three to be good. At least they answer when you call.

It appears Eir are not bothering answering calls during the pandemic and are only providing @eircare on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭lau1247

Hopefully someone may have looked into it (I did a search of this thread for Gomo but nothing came up).

I'm struggling to get on my VPN (Getflix) with Gomo, it just wouldn't connect no matter what I try. It works fine on my Vodafone sim straight away once I switch over.

Is there is particular thing that I can do other than switching to Vodafone?? I don't use it all the time but sometimes would like to look at MOTD or other UK stream.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

lau1247 wrote: »
    Hopefully someone may have looked into it (I did a search of this thread for Gomo but nothing came up).

I'm struggling to get on my VPN (Getflix) with Gomo, it just wouldn't connect no matter what I try. It works fine on my Vodafone sim straight away once I switch over.

Is there is particular thing that I can do other than switching to Vodafone?? I don't use it all the time but sometimes would like to look at MOTD or other UK stream.

GoMo blocking ports maybe? Haven't heard of this to date. I've no experience with this issue but maybe changing the ports the VPN is using (if possible) might yield some results.

Jim

• Advertisement

westyIrl wrote: »
    GoMo blocking ports maybe? Haven't heard of this to date. I've no experience with this issue but maybe changing the ports the VPN is using (if possible) might yield some results.

Jim
    I use both Private Internet Access VPN and Express VPN apps without any issues.

Advertisement