Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Well I'm going to 48, after 6 months of having no 4G
    and GoMo being incapable of fixing it, it's not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

yikesanon wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story with the Voicemail greetings is? It asked me to record my name for a 'system greeting', and then record a 'personal greeting' which is different somehow. When are each of these used? Is there any way to have it just use the system greeting? I'd rather just have my name spoken and the rest be the computerised lady voice rather than have the whole answering message be my own

I find the voicemail settings to be a bit of mess compared to vodafone to be honest. The simplest solution I've found is to record some gibberish and then delete everything which results in "<blank> is not available to take your call....."
    There probably is a way to just record your name and then have the rest of the system greeting. However, I don't like the sound of my own voice and recording silences just resulted in callers not realising they were going to voicemail, hence I'd have a load of short voicemails left of people hanging up. Deleting all recordings/greetings got it back to a somewhat more usable system, as above.

I wish I had recorded my vodafone voicemail greeting before I left them and then use it as my gomo greeting, tedious a process as that would probably be to do properly. I just personally preferred the vodafone greeting of a system readout of my telephone number.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

I'm with gomo a few months and use it as a hot spot every day. I get nowhere near the limit of 80gb and ive bern consistently been getting 4g coverage until about 2-3 weeks ago.
    4g is rare now, nearly always on h, if I turn data off for 30seconds and back on it will pick up 4g again but quickly drops to h.
    Never had this issue before, and h is useless.
    Anyone else notice this lately? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

cojomo2 wrote: »
    I'm with gomo a few months and use it as a hot spot every day. I get nowhere near the limit of 80gb and ive bern consistently been getting 4g coverage until about 2-3 weeks ago.
    4g is rare now, nearly always on h, if I turn data off for 30seconds and back on it will pick up 4g again but quickly drops to h.

I get 4G most of the time on GO MO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    I get 4G most of the time on GO MO
    Primarily 4G+ and sometimes the odd 5G where I live and work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Primarily 4G+ and sometimes the odd 5G where I live and work.
    Really......5G on GOMO?

KOR101 wrote: »
    Really......5G on GOMO?
    Yes absolutely. Limited, but there's smatterings of it around. I dont find the speeds much faster then 4G+ but they are consistent/stable over the speed test (about 100Mbps).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Yes absolutely. Limited, but there's smatterings of it around. I dont find the speeds much faster then 4G+ but they are consistent/stable over the speed test (about 100Mbps).

Same here, I have seen it many time in Clondalkin and around various places in the city.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭opus

That's good to know, the new phones being giving out at work are 5G so must see if I can borrow one to see if it's available for me in Cork city centre. According to Eir map I'm just on the edge of the purple 5G lake.

cojomo2 wrote: »

Yep, have this all the time, it's why I'm leaving, they are throttling, may complain to comreg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could it be an issue with the masts in your area, more so than with GoMo themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

I have contacted gomo about this but I have got no response yet to the following query.

I had two numbers on the same account, I have transferred one to Vodafone, will this be reflected on my monthly bill or have I to do something to reduce my bill by €9.99 per month?

Anyone know the answer to this question??

I have contacted gomo about this but I have got no response yet to the following query.

I had two numbers on the same account, I have transferred one to Vodafone, will this be reflected on my monthly bill or have I to do something to reduce my bill by €9.99 per month?

Anyone know the answer to this question??

Should be reflected on your monthly bill in the month after which you have left. Otherwise they would have to assign a new number to replace the number ported out which I very much doubt they would do. Either way don't do anything on the GoMo side until Vodafone get your number over.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Vic_08

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Yep, have this all the time, it's why I'm leaving, they are throttling, may complain to comreg

I have seen no evidence of any throttling except for those who exceed the 80GB limit.

Low speeds are most likely down to too many customers on a particular cell. Each cell/tower/link/trunk connection has a set limit that has to be shared amongst all users, add more customers and everyone gets a smaller share of the bandwith, simple as. Wth so many in Ireland heavily using cell data as an alternative to non-existent or expensive wired broadband poor speeds due to contention is widespread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭blade1

There has been a major improvement in indoor speeds all week.
    Since lockdown started most of the time even on 4g it was crawling and most of the time would switch to H.
    Now I'm getting at least 25mb download all the time allover the house.
    Before lockdown the very max inside the house was 15mb
    Hope this keeps up.
    Something is definitely after changing.
    36mb indoors right now

Screenshot-20200912-061048.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I am with GoMo since the start and never had an issue. I started doing random speed tests since yesterday, I just got 25mb download and 17mb upload, more than likely as it's early in the morning, with the lowest yesterday afternoon of 5mb download and 4mb upload. I have ordered a 48 sim to try it out, as I have read on boards that people are getting better download speeds on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

blade1 wrote: »
    Since lockdown started most of the time even on 4g it was crawling and most of the time would switch to H.
    I've no evidence, of course, but they may be worried about people switching to 3's new offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭KildareP

blade1 wrote: »
    Before lockdown the very max inside the house was 15mb
    Hope this keeps up.
    Something is definitely after changing.
    36mb indoors right now

Screenshot-20200912-061048.jpg

Did you always have the 4G+ icon in your top status before or just 4G?
    4G+ can definitely give speeds a boost.

They do seem to be rolling it out gradually but it's fairly sparse on Eir's network in comparison to both Vodafone and 3.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    I have seen no evidence of any throttling except for those who exceed the 80GB limit.

Low speeds are most likely down to too many customers on a particular cell. Each cell/tower/link/trunk connection has a set limit that has to be shared amongst all users, add more customers and everyone gets a smaller share of the bandwith, simple as. Wth so many in Ireland heavily using cell data as an alternative to non-existent or expensive wired broadband poor speeds due to contention is widespread.

I travel for work and it is the same everywhere, I'm throltteled to 20GB a month now.

I have a work phone too with Vodafone, it has 4G almost everywhere with no throttling, in the beginning GoMo/Eir were snapping at the heels of Vodafone.

I guarantee this is a concerted policy to get user numbers, reduce the service and hope nobody notices or switches, it's bullshít.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Silly question but what does multiconnection mean and why are Meteor and Vodafone mentioned there?

New Home wrote: »
    Silly question but what does multiconnection mean and why are Meteor and Vodafone mentioned there?

Meteor is gomo and Vodafone was ther server I was testing the speed to. The multi connection is the default and if I was connected to a VPN I'd chose the single connection test.

I thought Eir was GoMo? And Meteor was 3?

I thought Eir was GoMo? And Meteor was 3?

No meteor was eir but they got rid of the brand. Just like emobile was eir until they dumped that brand too. P&T, Telecom eireann, eircom, eir...they like their rebrands. GoMo is an eir brand too.

No wonder I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Webmechanic

Can someone help - I am trying to update payment details for my wife - can't log in as it says it needs to send a verification email. Click on verification email and it brings me back to "we've send a verification code" and goes round and round like this.

Tried contact us page and it won't accept any date of birth format whatsoever.

Sent an email to support and they responded a few days later with "contact us via webchat" - but I can't contact via webchat unless I am logged in - and I can't log in.

At this point I think I will just switch her to another network.

:mad:

The date format thing on the 'contact us' webpage is a problem they've known about since day one but can't be bothered to fix. It's down to the script kiddies they hired to build their website not doing any cross-browser checks before launch and I suspect there's no actual web support in-house. It only affects certain browsers, mainly Safari on mac/ios. If you can use a Firefox browser it should work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

My contract is up with Eir in two weeks times so thinking of going over to GoMo and saving €27.00 a month.

If I want keep my number do I just get the code and then purchase the plan and pick a date?

Also whats the general consensus?

PCros wrote: »
    My contract is up with Eir in two weeks times so thinking of going over to GoMo and saving €27.00 a month.

If I want keep my number do I just get the code and then purchase the plan and pick a date?

Also whats the general consensus?

Order the sim, which will come with a temporary number. When you receive the sim log in to gomo account and set up porting of your number at a time and date of your choosing. I find it absolutely fine. Not a minute or data cruncher however.

Jim

Like I say to everyone, try it for a month or two without porting. If you're happy, port your number; if not, cancel it and you'd still have your old number. That said, 48 are doing a similar offer with 100GB data for €7.99, at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Like I say to everyone, try it for a month or two without porting. If you're happy, port your number; if not, cancel it and you'd still have your old number. That said, 48 are doing a similar offer with 100GB data for €7.99, at the moment.

How does one get that deal...curious ;-)

Advertisement