Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Unable to make calls in certain parts of my locality (midlands/west).

Always seem to have enough bars on my phone but I can set my watch by certain plsces id never be able to connect a call from.

right now my 4g is working but wont get to make a call. Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Have had no signal all day in Kildare, 2 more users here also same - anyone else with issues?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Booked to port number over to gomo at 9.00this morning,all done and dusted at 9.17 . So far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

Got my bill today 79.12gb on the router its saying I have 135gb usage which 1 is correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Originally Posted by stickman1019 View Post
    Looking to port my Mrs over from Eir to Gomo.

Currently the package she is on a 30day sim only contract..

When porting I get four options as below:

1) Prepay (Registered)
    2) Prepay (Unregistered)
    3) Post-Pay (Single Line)
    4) Post-Pay (Multi-Line)

Ruling out option 4 as there is only one line onthe account. I am thinking that I should be choosing Option 1.

I know from personal experience when I ported my mobile before Christmas and lost it for 3 months due to a failed port.

Just looking to get the correct option before porting to avoid the hassle I had.

Has anyone had any experience with this specific situation?

Originally Posted by stickman1019 View Post
    Looking to port my Mrs over from Eir to Gomo.

Currently the package she is on a 30day sim only contract..

When porting I get four options as below:

1) Prepay (Registered)
    2) Prepay (Unregistered)
    3) Post-Pay (Single Line)
    4) Post-Pay (Multi-Line)

Ruling out option 4 as there is only one line onthe account. I am thinking that I should be choosing Option 1.

I know from personal experience when I ported my mobile before Christmas and lost it for 3 months due to a failed port.

Just looking to get the correct option before porting to avoid the hassle I had.

Has anyone had any experience with this specific situation?

I chose option 3. Port went through this morning no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Good stuff were you on the 30 day contract with EIR??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

naughto wrote: »
    Got my bill today 79.12gb on the router its saying I have 135gb usage which 1 is correct
    I think if the router is reset or loses power, it resets usage to zero.

No. 30 day with 3

Two more porting in the next week or so

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

A SIM-only contract is billpay. Ergo, choose option 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

Hi all

Just received a SIM card this morning. When I tried to activate it, my iPhone says “the service provider is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server”. But my iPhone is fully unlocked (bought sim free). Any suggestions? I have sent gomo an email. Any other way to contact them? Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Have you logged into your GoMo account to see if there's anything you need to click on in there?

New Home wrote: »
    Have you logged into your GoMo account to see if there's anything you need to click on in there?
    I’ll check thanks

Ninap wrote: »
    I’ll check thanks

Unfortunately nothing there except ways to activate a replacement SIM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Ninap wrote: »
    Unfortunately nothing there except ways to activate a replacement SIM

When you first put in your SIM after buying your phone the phone was locked against that carrier for activation purposes on the Apple server.

Put the new sim into your phone, power down the phone, open iTunes, connect phone and wait for phone to come online. Than you should be able to activate your new profile.

If that does not work than you need to talk to your previous provider and get them to get ride of the lock they put most likely onto the phone for activation purposes.

Or as you purchased the phone directly from Apple contact them as it’s a record on their server that is at fault here.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭lau1247

eirman wrote: »
    Anyone know how to stop the GoMo Welcome to UK text messages I receive
    anytime I get within sniffing distance of the border.

I get several texts a week whilst I am still in the ROI and they are quite irritating.

Manually select the network and it should go away

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Febreeze

The last couple of weeks I've heard some great and not some great things about GoMo but the one thing that's intreging me is the €12.99 price. I'm seriously considering it.

My only concern is, my phone is a Huawei phone and I'm not sure if the sim fits (I'm so bad with teachnology) or if the phone will register the sim itself.

Is anyone on this network? How do they find it? Is it worth the money for the free data, calls and text?

I'm currently on vodaphone €20 (pay as you go) and the deal I have is brutal but the next one up is €30 with pretty much the same deal (data is no better). I purposely don't want to get a bill paid phone (especially with vodaphone as I had issues with them before taking money off me).

I also live in North Dublin so reception wise would be ideal obviously.

It would be a huge benifit in terms of saving a few bob and knowing I'm getting my monies worth but also if I was to cancel say if the network wasn't doing any justice, would it be harder to cancel as again I've had major problems with vodaphone when cancelling (even though my contract was finished!)

Overal what are people's thoughts and experiences of it.

Also seeing as it's bill pay, I pay 12.99 to receive the sim, then on the next billing date, do I get charged double or will it be 12.99 on the actual billing date?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Daniogroove

Febreeze wrote: »
    The last couple of weeks I've heard some great and not some great things about GoMo but the one thing that's intreging me is the €12.99 price. I'm seriously considering it.

My only concern is, my phone is a Huawei phone and I'm not sure if the sim fits (I'm so bad with teachnology) or if the phone will register the sim itself.

Is anyone on this network? How do they find it? Is it worth the money for the free data, calls and text?

I'm currently on vodaphone €20 (pay as you go) and the deal I have is brutal but the next one up is €30 with pretty much the same deal (data is no better). I purposely don't want to get a bill paid phone (especially with vodaphone as I had issues with them before taking money off me).

I also live in North Dublin so reception wise would be ideal obviously.

It would be a huge benifit in terms of saving a few bob and knowing I'm getting my monies worth but also if I was to cancel say if the network wasn't doing any justice, would it be harder to cancel as again I've had major problems with vodaphone when cancelling (even though my contract was finished!)

Overal what are people's thoughts and experiences of it.

Also seeing as it's bill pay, I pay 12.99 to receive the sim, then on the next billing date, do I get charged double or will it be 12.99 on the actual billing date?

I'd say go for it. You'll have no issues for coverage and the data has a fair usage policy of 80Gb by that's plenty for 99% of people. The SIM card is a mirco sim but sits in a pop away sim tray so you can only use as much as you need to get it to fit your device. Chances are it's micro you'll use.

Make sure your current phone is not linked to a network, though (i.e. it's unlocked). Also, use the number you're given for a month or so to try it - if you are go ahead and port your number, if not cancel the contract and you'll still have your old number and plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Worth trying I would think. Insert the new sim and take your mobile to places you normally visit, and also check coverage at work, I have zero reception where I work and that is a major city centre, but it's more to do with the orientation of the building for me. Try it out for a couple of weeks and then if happy, request to port your own mobile number, I have premium calls barred on Gomo as this is a bill pay of sorts on a 30 day contract, all inclusive except for premium numbers and international calls so you could be billed extra if making international calls and texts, but the data allowance is fantastic.

New Home wrote: »
    Make sure your current phone is not linked to a network, though (i.e. it's unlocked). Also, use the number you're given for a month or so to try it - if you are go ahead and port your number, if not cancel the contract and you'll still have your old number and plan.

Exactly what I did. So far I'm wery happy with gomo. Love the fact you can use your phone as a hotspot,3 would charge for this

I work from home myself, there's no broadband in the house, so I've been tethering since day 1. I'd be lost without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Febreeze wrote: »

12.99 is for the sim and bill to the end of the month in which you receive the sim. i.e. order early in the month if you want to get the most value from your 12.99.
    Subsequent bills for 12.99 (assuming no out of bundle charges) become available in your account in the first few days of each month.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Can someone help - I am trying to update payment details for my wife - can't log in as it says it needs to send a verification email. Click on verification email and it brings me back to "we've send a verification code" and goes round and round like this.

Tried contact us page and it won't accept any date of birth format whatsoever.

Sent an email to support and they responded a few days later with "contact us via webchat" - but I can't contact via webchat unless I am logged in - and I can't log in.

At this point I think I will just switch her to another network.

:mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Can someone help - I am trying to update payment details for my wife - can't log in as it says it needs to send a verification email. Click on verification email and it brings me back to "we've send a verification code" and goes round and round like this.

Tried contact us page and it won't accept any date of birth format whatsoever.

Sent an email to support and they responded a few days later with "contact us via webchat" - but I can't contact via webchat unless I am logged in - and I can't log in.

At this point I think I will just switch her to another network.

:mad:

Have you tried YYYY-MM-DD format for birth date?

No, you CAN contact them via webchat without being logged in.

Go to https://shop.gomo.ie/, the blue tab for the webchat should appear on the right hand side of your screen near the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I have two sons active for my two sims and the monthly bill is coming off my bank account.

Is it possible to stop this payment process from my bank account and let them pay independently?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I have two sons active for my two sims and the monthly bill is coming off my bank account.

Is it possible to stop this payment process from my bank account and let them pay independently?

You can change the payment to a different credit/debit card on the gomo website, you cannot have the payment for 1 account taken from 2 cards at the same time.

If they are to pay for the phone service seperately each will have to have their own account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 yikesanon

Does anyone know what the story with the Voicemail greetings is? It asked me to record my name for a 'system greeting', and then record a 'personal greeting' which is different somehow. When are each of these used? Is there any way to have it just use the system greeting? I'd rather just have my name spoken and the rest be the computerised lady voice rather than have the whole answering message be my own

Advertisement