Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the biggest attention seeking celebrity, Irish or otherwise?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

She has no arse and no tits. I’d say it’d be like riding an ironing board, all the while trying not to kiss her in case that massive boil tried to eat you.

I think she has a lovely figure, actually· Granted that toothy grin of hers is a bit 1959 Cadillac grille, but I also think she's quite nice-looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

jimgoose wrote: »
    I think she has a lovely figure, actually· Granted that toothy grin of hers is a bit 1959 Cadillac grille, but I also think she's quite nice-looking.

Except for the boil she is traditionally pretty, but her body wouldn’t be for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Except for the boil she is traditionally pretty, but her body wouldn’t be for me.

Aint that the truth :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Another vote for that Blindboy character. Only in this country could a man with a plastic bag on his face be regarded as some sort of intellectual and worth listening to. His "music career" failed so he hoped on board the social justice bandwagon. Should grab his plastic bag and shove it up his arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Another vote for that Blindboy character. Only in this country could a man with a plastic bag on his face be regarded as some sort of intellectual and worth listening to. His "music career" failed so he hoped on board the social justice bandwagon. Should grab his plastic bag and shove it up his arse.

Would that it were only in this country fella, would that it were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Anus Von Skidmark

Now, this is swhat I call a lovely womanly body...

PIC%20IFTA%20TV%202%202%20SUN_ED3_S01%20SUN_ED4_S01%20Read-Only.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭The Bollocks

Greta Thunberg, the little attention seeking bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Now, this is swhat I call a lovely womanly body...

PIC%20IFTA%20TV%202%202%20SUN_ED3_S01%20SUN_ED4_S01%20Read-Only.jpg

Had a google of her when she was mentioned in this thread. Very shapely.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Anus Von Skidmark

Had a google of her when she was mentioned in this thread. Very shapely.

And as a wise man once said, "Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,390 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yurt! wrote: »
    His sister, Roe McDermott, is as painful, if not more so. She's trying to take the crown of humourless Irish feminist queen from Una Mullaly.

Didn't realise she was his his sister, a right man hating ballbreaker that one is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭cms88

Anna Geary is the ultimate try hard.

The answer to a question no one asked

What happened to the other one?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

cms88 wrote: »
    What happened to the other one?
    It's like the Pet Shop Boys! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

The antithesis of the attention-seeking celebrity has to be [URL="https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/van/van-morrison-being-famous-is-not-great-for-the-creative-process-not-for-me-anyway-1.2332216]Van Morrison[/URL].
    You don’t have to spend long with Van Morrison to realise that his relationship with fame is one of deep, honest and implacable hatred. He experiences it neither as an addictive high nor as an inconvenience that comes with his territory but as a kind of punishment, the world’s revenge for all those moments of ecstasy and exhilaration he has achieved in his art.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Isn't he supposed to be utterly unpleasant as an individual anyway? Just about fulfils concert contracts too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

is_that_so wrote: »
    Isn't he supposed to be utterly unpleasant as an individual anyway?

I think that's mostly a myth, tbh.

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's like the Pet Shop Boys! :D

Oh....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Anyone who constantly puts up Instagram stories and sells their soul on social media.

Models/influencers such as Roz and Ros are prime examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Had no idea who this blindboy was. Googled him.

Looks like a pri!k, comes across as a pri!k

By any chance have you been living under a rock for the past 9 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Anyone who constantly puts up Instagram stories and sells their soul on social media.

Models/influencers such as Roz and Ros are prime examples.

I've friends who have met Roz Purcell. She was very friendly and kind to them. Got in a photo with lad and all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Roy Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

I've friends who have met Roz Purcell. She was very friendly and kind to them. Got in a photo with lad and all

Did the photo somehow accidentally get her camel toe into the frame? Cos most of her Instagram pics do for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,698 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Sinead O Connor- pretends she has mental illness just to get her narcissistic mug all over social media, The Late Late Show and radio interviews. Nothing wrong with her whatsoever, she always has a sly old look to the cameras whenever she is telling the world about her private battles. Loves the camera, loves the attention and is a talentless twit to boot. I blame Gay Byrne for his weird obsession with her which fed her ego.
    Kick her to the ground, she's an absolute disgrace to people who DO suffer from mental illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Sinead O Connor- pretends she has mental illness just to get her narcissistic mug all over social media, The Late Late Show and radio interviews. Nothing wrong with her whatsoever, she always has a sly old look to the cameras whenever she is telling the world about her private battles. Loves the camera, loves the attention and is a talentless twit to boot. I blame Gay Byrne for his weird obsession with her which fed her ego.
    Kick her to the ground, she's an absolute disgrace to people who DO suffer from mental illness.

Such waffle, she is one of the most shy and introverted people you could meet. As for the mental health stuff you're making up- its not even worthy of a response.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Such waffle, she is one of the most shy and introverted people you could meet. As for the mental health stuff you're making up- its not even worthy of a response.

Nobody who is shy and introverted seeks such publicity all the time, especially when it comes to such private and distressing illnesses like depression. That disease is such a personal thing that to go around shouting about it from the rooftops like she does is nothing short of attention seeking. Nobody who is shy and introverted rips up pictures of the Pope on national tv, cuts her own forehead when she realises that people aren't talking about her and generally acts like a lunatic when there is a camera within 100 feet.
    In short, she is a classic narcissist and she is using the current popular "trend" of mental illness to hide this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Nobody who is shy and introverted seeks such publicity all the time, especially when it comes to such private and distressing illnesses like depression. That disease is such a personal thing that to go around shouting about it from the rooftops like she does is nothing short of attention seeking. Nobody who is shy and introverted rips up pictures of the Pope on national tv, cuts her own forehead when she realises that people aren't talking about her and generally acts like a lunatic when there is a camera within 100 feet.
    In short, she is a classic narcissist and she is using the current popular "trend" of mental illness to hide this.
    She is clearly mentally ill and has had her struggles for years.

People with mental health problems react in all sorts of different ways. There is no one size fits all reaction to mental health that your black and white thinking thinks there is.

And history has proven her to be right about the Catholic Church. I dont see all the holy Joes and Marys who railed against her at the time actually admitting that she was right in her protest.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    People with mental health problems react in all sorts of different ways. There is no one size fits all reaction to mental health that your black and white thinking thinks there is.

And history has proven her to be right about the Catholic Church. I dont see all the holy Joes and Marys who railed against her at the time actually admitting that she was right in her protest.

Missing the point still....all her misery is played out in front of a camera, she cant help herself looking at it constantly. Loves it, loves the attention. She doesn't "do" private recovery.

Missing the point still....all her misery is played out in front of a camera, she cant help herself looking at it constantly. Loves it, loves the attention. She doesn't "do" private recovery.

So basically according to the Wanderer2010 Mental Health matrix that means that she isnt mentally ill at all. Stop the lights and call the psychiatrists for Sinead has been fooling us all with her mental health according to Wanderer2010 Mental Health matrix :rolleyes: Its just completely wrong to think that there is one single way people act in depression, it is not a one size fits all disease yet you're claiming it is and her public breakdown tells us that she was lying to us all along. No-ones buying that crap.

She went mad on Twitter for a while, I give you that. It was a cry for help and she got the help she needed and is clearly on the mend now. But I dont think you can say someone who barely plays 4 or 5 gigs a year and makes a TV appearance once in a blue moon is attention seeking. You'd swear she was posting content on Insatgram every 8 hours like some of the people mentioned in this thread whereas the reality is shes a reclusive type of artist who rarely performs or does interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I think that's mostly a myth, tbh.

Nah, Grumpy Van and his obnoxious ways are well documented.

Advertisement