Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the biggest attention seeking celebrity, Irish or otherwise?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Megan fuppin Markle could do with fcuking off the face of the planet for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Lets ignore the fact that he Blindboy has already written one with a new one due.

There was an extract from his last book in the Sindo a year or two back. The extract was unreadable scutter. Awful stuff. I think Blindboy thinks of himself as a bit zany and 'left field'. I know he started his career as a member of a comedy duo, but I'd say he should probably realise at this stage that he isn't funny. Fúcking chancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Panthro wrote: »
    Megan fuppin Markle could do with fcuking off the face of the planet for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

pgj2015 wrote: »

Otherwise is also an option in the title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Conor McGregor

Odious ****ing cretin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Poor auld Kenny Egan. Wasn't he clinically fed up for a while? Or on the booze or something? Always seemed like a harmless sort of chap.

Harmless until he joined FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Shane Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Anyone who takes drugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Amy Huberman, always her mug in the Independent for silly reasons - wont stop getting opportunities, despite having the same acting ability as an extra on Fair City, Stop with the "Ayrelands Princess"

social media "comedians" who beat the same one joke to the death and usually an unfunny one cough, Rorys Stories, Cian Twomey, Doireann Gahirty, etc and after a while they seem to come as arrogant, saving the world with their opinions

Blindboy Boatclub, the idiots intellectual who comes off as a guy who loves the sound of his own voice

Eoghan McDermott - didnt deserve the beating but he comes off as a needy child. has a weird obsession with a generic boy band Picture this (and he's pushing 40) and his attempt at banning Fairytale at xmas to look woke..

Jennifer Gannon and Roe McDermott, ugh

Pretty sure Roe and eoghan are brother and sister which would explain a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

U wouldn't mind if them thighs wwre wrapped around ur neck mush, shes gorgeous, and vogue is stunning and roz is sexy as hell with her athletic fit body, u spoon

Jesus. Vogue has the body of a lanky 11 year old boy. And what’s the story with the boil on her face??

• Advertisement

what’s the story with the boil

His name is Bryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

A more facile vague and uninformed critique of the book would be difficult to imagine than what you ve just written

It got Sunday Business post's book of the year so someone clearly took the time to actually read it.

Sunday Business Post book of the year :pac:

I'm not convinced that's the case but assuming it is, the Business Post has it strengths but its features section is not one of them.

With honourable exceptions features sections, and their reviews, are bought and paid for. Perhaps you assumed John Updike, Lester Bangs and Mark Kermode are in there choosing the best books, music and film. In reality most features writing is a bunch of hacks who hate themselves giving glowing reviews to whatever their editor tells them to, based on how much advertising space purchases, free drinks or merch the publisher gave them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Sunday Business Post book of the year :pac:

I'm not convinced that's the case but assuming it is, the Business Post has it strengths but its features section is not one of them.

With honourable exceptions features sections, and their reviews, are bought and paid for. Perhaps you assumed John Updike, Lester Bangs and Mark Kermode are in there choosing the best books, music and film. In reality most features writing is a bunch of hacks who hate themselves giving glowing reviews to whatever their editor tells them to, based on how much advertising space purchases, free drinks or merch the publisher gave them.

And who do you figure bought it for Blindboy? Gill books who barely make enough on school books to stay going? ****ing conspiracy theorists.

Who paid for this quote from Danny Boyle 'I hesitate to use the word author as the experience is as close to reading a traditional short story as being burnt by a blow torch. Essential, funny and disturbing.’ Danny Boyle

Or This from Kevin Barry '‘Mad, wild, hysterical, and all completely under the writer’s control – this is a brilliant debut.’ Kevin Barry

and were all 21 reviews of the book on amazon by readers who bought the book paid off by the publisher. Is everything you either don't like/understand or disagree with fake news?

https://www.amazon.com/The-Gospel-According-to-Blindboy/product-reviews/0717178870/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

And who do you figure bought it for Blindboy? Gill books who barely make enough on school books to stay going? ****ing conspiracy theorists.

Who paid for this quote from Danny Boyle 'I hesitate to use the word author as the experience is as close to reading a traditional short story as being burnt by a blow torch. Essential, funny and disturbing.’ Danny Boyle

Or This from Kevin Barry '‘Mad, wild, hysterical, and all completely under the writer’s control – this is a brilliant debut.’ Kevin Barry

and were all 21 reviews of the book on amazon by readers who bought the book paid off by the publisher. Is everything you either don't like/understand or disagree with fake news?

https://www.amazon.com/The-Gospel-According-to-Blindboy/product-reviews/0717178870/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

I think the last time I saw you posting was to defend Blindboy as well. Do you have some sort of “alert” set up?

I’m guessing, from your dedication, that you’re “close” to the guy. Would be extremely worrying if you’re not.

But, the fact of the matter is, Blindboy could have released a “cookbook” and it would have sold just as many copies. Maybe more even.

He’s tapped into “something” and his audience can’t get enough of it. For me, I just see a guy that used to do something funny but now is at pains to show everyone he’s a serious “artiste” and not some joke like the Limerick scobe he’s portrayed to get famous.

It’s amazing that he gets away with it but that’s where we are. Imagine Brendan O’Carroll dressed in full Mrs. Brown’s Boy gear, using the character’s voice telling lads to get their prostates checked on the Late Late? Don’t think he’d get away with that, he wouldn’t have people saying “it’s amazing that the man dressed as an 80 year old woman is the only one talking sense” type fawning that BlindBill gets.

P.S. dichotomy.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I think the last time I saw you posting was to defend Blindboy as well. Do you have some sort of “alert” set up?

I’m guessing, from your dedication, that you’re “close” to the guy. Would be extremely worrying if you’re not.

But, the fact of the matter is, Blindboy could have released a “cookbook” and it would have sold just as many copies. Maybe more even.

He’s tapped into “something” and his audience can’t get enough of it. For me, I just see a guy that used to do something funny but now is at pains to show everyone he’s a serious “artiste” and not some joke like the Limerick scobe he’s portrayed to get famous.

It’s amazing that he gets away with it but that’s where we are. Imagine Brendan O’Carroll dressed in full Mrs. Brown’s Boy gear, using the character’s voice telling lads to get their prostates checked on the Late Late? Don’t think he’d get away with that, he wouldn’t have people saying “it’s amazing that the man dressed as an 80 year old woman is the only one talking sense” type fawning that BlindBill gets.

P.S. dichotomy.

Thanks Emmet Yeah grew up with the guy. Haven't posted about him in a long while, just saw someone who hadn t read the book having an opinion which I called out . I didn't talk about his sales figures. I'm not interested in that. What I posted above were quotes from Danny Boyle and Kevin Barry [2 award winning 'serious artistes'] as counter arguments. If it hadn't gotten Sunday Business post book of the year or If Kevin Barry and Danny Boyle hadn't said what they did about the book I wouldnt have been able to quote them. But they did so in the interest o balanced debate I put them up. The Brendan O Carroll analogy would really depend on what he had to say though would it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,390 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh.

Thankfully she isn't on the airwaves as much anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,288 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh.

Thankfully she isn't on the airwaves as much anymore.
    Is she not the one who was bullying a colleague?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭Be right back

Meghan Markle. She really craves the limelight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Boris Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Robbie Williams is the one who springs to mind. Whenever you see him on chat shows or anything really when he's not the centre of attention it's literally like the oxygen has been sucked out of the man.

• Advertisement

P.S. dichotomy.

Like Brand he sees himself as some sort of intellectual, their acolytes think that by following them it makes them intellectual. It’s almost cultish. Luckily most people grow out of if and see that the emperor actually has no clothes on.

I think it actually shows a lack of his own self esteem that he has to be a voice for this generation. He has to have all of the answers. It’s quite sad actually.

Robbie Williams is the one who springs to mind. Whenever you see him on chat shows or anything really when he's not the centre of attention it's literally like the oxygen has been sucked out of the man.

thats because he is usually out of his bin on the powder

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Like Brand he sees himself as some sort of intellectual, their acolytes think that by following them it makes them intellectual. It’s almost cultish. Luckily most people grow out of if and see that the emperor actually has no clothes on.

I think it actually shows a lack of his own self esteem that he has to be a voice for this generation. He has to have all of the answers. It’s quite sad actually.

He was a lot sounder when he was on heroin and presenting MTV dance floor chart. Hes just boring now.

WB Yokes wrote: »
    He was a lot sounder when he was on heroin and presenting MTV dance floor chart. Hes just boring now.

I think that’s partly because he’s a recovering junkie. It may be the programme they use, but most recovering addicts come across as preachy. He just has a bigger platform than most.

Not sure where baghead gets his preachiness from, but like I said, I believe it’s his low self esteem and his need to have the answer to everything is to feel like he has worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Ian Bailey

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Lucy Kennedy gets on my nerves. What is this "Living With Lucy" horseshit supposed to be about? I get the distinct impression that bloody woman will do literally anything to keep herself in front of a camera.

When did he tell you that or is this one your own fantasies?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Prolly thrun a snail at him.

I believe

I think

Take the bag out of your eyes buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

And when he's totally making up stories

Most of them do it, but for some reason, it's more obvious and annoying when Robbie Williams does it!

Advertisement