Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43 -63% of Africans in Ireland are unemployed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I wonder how many of of the 43 to 63 percent are refugees & prohibited from working by our laws?

You must establish if someone is a genuine refugee before you admit them to your welfare and labour system- I know the bleedin heart brigade would much prefer a free for all system so they can feel all warm and fussy inside.
    And that’s before we get to the scandalous not stop appeals system indulged here to non refugees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Ireland is a horrible racist little country, we don't deserve the benifit of multiculturalism, instead everyone non-Irish should leave and never come back, that'll teach them

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I'm actually surprised the percentage isn't higher to the honest.

Well done to the African's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Snotty wrote: »
    Ireland is a horrible racist little country, we don't deserve the benifit of multiculturalism, instead everyone non-Irish should leave and never come back, that'll teach them

Just the wasters, bums and parasite non irish should leave. Same with the native wasters as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

antix80 wrote: »
    I've worked with first gen Nigerian immigrants, mainly older like 30+. Great for large organisation's diversity statistics. Not so good for the people working with them. Depends on the job I suppose but their work ethic is terrible, lack of education and experience is abundantly apparent and attitude can be awful too.

It's all a bit ironic when you think about it. In the days of slavery black people were being forced to come to the west to be worked to death by the white man

Nowadays they are doing their living best to get to the west to do nothing while the local white man does the work.

It's a strange world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rocksolidfat

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Adamstown is about 70% non nationals 30% Irish.
    We are talking black people, not all non nationals. Do you have anything to support that Adamstown is 70% non-Irish while we are at it, or more importantly, that there are more black people in Adamstown (and Ongar, and Tyrellstown) than white people?

Snotty wrote: »

Ireland is one of the most welcoming, easy going countries in the world- hence we are a soft touch for this carry on. This non sense would be tolerated in very few developed countries not least the US or Australia where you work or die (or wouldn’t be let in to start with).
    Please extol is to the benefits of importing races where up to 2/3s of people never work or contribute- I’m all ears here.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

What % of those eligible and able to work are unemployed?

Be interesting to know how many children are included in those figures.

If someone could explain to me the basis of the sampling I could interpret the results. Without further information such stats are pretty meaningless (I can't get the link to work if there is further info in there)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

road_high wrote:
    You must establish if someone is a genuine refugee before you admit them to your welfare and labour system- I know the bleedin heart brigade would much prefer a free for all system so they can feel all warm and fussy inside. And that’s before we get to the scandalous not stop appeals system indulged here to non refugees

Forget the bleeden heart brigade but didn't Irish courts rull that our gubberment were breaking the law by not allowing them to work? In typical FG arrogance they ignored the court ruling

Forget the bleeden heart brigade but didn't Irish courts rull that our gubberment were breaking the law by not allowing them to work? In typical FG arrogance they ignored the court ruling

Who cares about some stupid ruling- there are many examples of poor law. Put it to the people and the answer will be fairly clear- no entry to the system until refugee status is actually established. Anything less is unfettered economic migration which must be controlled.
    A reform of the system is badly needed and to be sped up with zero tolerance for appeals once bogus grounds have been established

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,268 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Daisies wrote: »
    My partner is a qualified mechanic, from a country where English is a national language and he has had a nightmare trying to find work that will give him a contract. Many garages have "employed" him while continuing to look for another mechanic and then telling him he is surplus to requirements. He has done trial periods where they refused to pay him at the end, he has worked as the only mechanic in a garage who refused to pay him minimum wage or give him any form of contract.

Genuine question - but is his qualification recognised here? Has he "served his time" in a program with some kind of mutual recognition so to speak? Most other countries don't have the same types of apprenticeship programs that we do. In other countries, "mechanic" might just mean a fella who is handy with cars. I'm not knocking your partner - he could be the best mechanic in the world but maybe doesn't have the papers they want here.

And I don't mean just poorer countries. I met a fiend of a friend in the US a few years ago who was telling me he was a carpenter. I was interested and was asking him how it worked........turned out that he had just done some kind of liberal arts degree majoring in Theology and then after that had got a job with a construction company. He was a manager of a group of Mexican immigrants who did the work but he considered himself a carpenter. (BTW, I asked him about them but they weren't qualified with anything either. Not knocking them, but from the way he explained it, there be a few of them that would know how to, say, put in windows - and that's all they would do and he'd shift them around to the sites that needed windows putting in. Then there'd be a different crew putting up doors and so on)............if that fella came to Ireland and called himself a carpenter, I don't think he'd be entitled to qualified rates!

What will happen to some of these areas which are predominantly black in west Dublin - Ongar, Tyrellstown and Adamstowm with unemployment figures like that?

Meanwhile the native Irish are forced to commute from places like Portlaoise with their hard earned taxes paying the rent allowance for these lot. Some country!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭screamer

Problem is that there are a large proportion of non Irish people who will cry racism the minute they don’t get what they want. They don’t get hired, it’s racist, they don’t get a promotion that’s racist, no pay rise well that’s racist too, hey boss, you’re racist. Then they’ll have a grievance lodged to Hr quicker than you can say hang on there.
    The sad fact is that most of the time, promotions hiring and pay rises are to do with performance and not skin color, but the more that the racism card is played the less likely people are to hire them, and you can see why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I taught quite a few on springboard courses and most worked, got the qualification, went on to find work. One guy sticks out in my mind for being angry and highly entitled and blaming everyone else for his inability nor unwillingness to complete the course. Only one though.

road_high wrote:
    Who cares about some stupid ruling- there are many examples of poor law. Put it to the people and the answer will be fairly clear- no entry to the system until refugee status is actually established. Anything less is unfettered economic migration which must be controlled. A reform of the system is badly needed and to be sped up with zero tolerance for appeals once bogus grounds have been established

Jasus, only on boards will you get a poster calling them spoungers and then supporting the government illegally stopping them working.

If they are spoungers why are they fighting for the right to work?

screamer wrote: »
    Problem is that there are a large proportion of non Irish people who will cry racism the minute they don’t get what they want. They don’t get hired, it’s racist, they don’t get a promotion that’s racist, no pay rise well that’s racist too, hey boss, you’re racist. Then they’ll have a grievance lodged to Hr quicker than you can say hang on there.
    The sad fact is that most of the time, promotions hiring and pay rises are to do with performance and not skin color, but the more that the racism card is played the less likely people are to hire them, and you can see why.

Sadly egged on by the do gooder brigade who love to paint Ireland as some kind of racist hell hole...if that were actually true why the rapid increase in non national population?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Adamstown is about 70% non nationals 30% Irish.

This reminded me of the sly, underhand tactics that Stefan Molyneux used in his horsesht video about immigration in Ireland. A video that woyld have you believe that present day Ireland looks a lot like the battle scenes from 'Zulu'.

Intentional confusing of African with 'non-national'.
    Trying to sneak one under peoples horsesht detectors, under the cover of terminology.

Poles, Lithuanians and Brits are also 'non-nationals'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭enricoh

Jasus, only on boards will you get a poster calling them spoungers and then supporting the government illegally stopping them working.

They are fighting for the right to work and the right to full welfare if they cant find any work!

Who called them spongers? Because they want to get in on the suite of benefits available here. Anyway no way should access be granted to the labour system until genuine grounds are established. That’s just logical for reasons previously outlined which you clearly don’t want to hear.
    It would be economic and political suicide for any sane govt to abandon the current system and allow unfettered economic and welfare migration like you advocate. The government are spot on here and doing their job in trying to protect the countries economic interests

road_high wrote: »
    Sadly egged on by the do gooder brigade who love to paint Ireland as some kind of racist hell hole...if that were actually true why the rapid increase in non national population?

825,000 foreign born living here as per census 2016

Meet many foreign nationals each week in different businesses. They are working in all and every sector, trade and business type. Any I have met in this scenario are busy and hardworking.

They are the people we want and need. We don't need people who just want to live on welfare. I see these people every day too. Wandering around shopping centres or smoking outside the bookies.

If the government could stop pïssing my tax money away on scroungers that would be great. We have enough of our own without flying in more

• Advertisement

enricoh wrote:
    They are fighting for the right to work and the right to full welfare if they cant find any work!

You just made that up.

No one is fighting for full welfare. The only court cases have been for the right to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Nonsense. A decent portion of taxi drivers in Dublin are African, plenty of bus drivers too. There are plenty African net contributors.

Yes, my experience of Africans that moved to Ireland is that they certainly aren't too lazy to work. After all their formative experiences were in countries with minimal social welfare, so it should take at least a generation here before ingrained dole scrounging could become prevalent in the African Irish community. Of course since I only tend to meet ones already working that may be a false impression. My own suspicion is that plenty are working, taxi driving, hair dressing, sole trading, many just prefer doing it off the books and this skews the statistics.

As far as racism goes. Security (and retail) are jobs that you see a lot of Africans working and they take a ton of racist abuse from scumbags. This must be a disincentive to them to work such jobs. Of course that doesn't really fit into the narrative of racism and privilege that the grievance industry likes to peddle, and you can't sue or shake down scumbags with no assets, so it goes totally ignored by it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Genuine question - but is his qualification recognised here? Has he "served his time" in a program with some kind of mutual recognition so to speak? Most other countries don't have the same types of apprenticeship programs that we do. In other countries, "mechanic" might just mean a fella who is handy with cars. I'm not knocking your partner - he could be the best mechanic in the world but maybe doesn't have the papers they want here.

And I don't mean just poorer countries. I met a fiend of a friend in the US a few years ago who was telling me he was a carpenter. I was interested and was asking him how it worked........turned out that he had just done some kind of liberal arts degree majoring in Theology and then after that had got a job with a construction company. He was a manager of a group of Mexican immigrants who did the work but he considered himself a carpenter. (BTW, I asked him about them but they weren't qualified with anything either. Not knocking them, but from the way he explained it, there be a few of them that would know how to, say, put in windows - and that's all they would do and he'd shift them around to the sites that needed windows putting in. Then there'd be a different crew putting up doors and so on)............if that fella came to Ireland and called himself a carpenter, I don't think he'd be entitled to qualified rates!

He has a qualification that is just below a City and Guilds. He could go into the last level of City and Guilds if it were run in the republic. We looked into him getting C&G as it would be more recognised but with Brexit etc we have no idea if the timing would.work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Ireland is a massive welfare state.

All we hear is we need to build social houses for all the homeless and anyone who rocks up homeless.

31% of the homeless are non EU nationals.

Don’t worry lads, just keep calling the government out to build houses for everyone and these leeches will keep coming.

The welfare state will collapse soon and then the **** will really hit the fan.

But yeah the homeless and they all deserve a house.

lola85 wrote: »
    Ireland is a massive welfare state.

All we hear is we need to build social houses for all the homeless and anyone who rocks up homeless.

31% of the homeless are non EU nationals.

Don’t worry lads, just keep calling the government out to build houses for everyone and these leeches will keep coming.

The welfare state will collapse soon and then the **** will really hit the fan.

But yeah the homeless and they all deserve a house.

It won't collapse. We will just be paying higher taxes and recieving shïttier services to cover it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

That Dr Ebun Joseph one was on VM's Tonight show sitting beside Niall Boylan.
    Niall said something in relation to the subject which was factual and she persisted in throwing out 'you're racist' at him quite a few times.

Total headbanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Shocked to see the person who started this thread. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    That Dr Ebun Joseph one was on VM's Tonight show sitting beside Niall Boylan.
    Niall said something in relation to the subject which was factual and she persisted in throwing out 'you're racist' at him quite a few times.

Total headbanger.

Ah but he is a racist, that's a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Nobody seen this coming, nobody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Ah but he is a racist, that's a fact.

Any links?

Advertisement