Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 deebizzle13

Brilliant guys, that has made me feel a lot better about it thanks, as I said I have never had any CCJs etc just the one default in university which I have learnt a lesson from.

Thanks again and best of luck in the rest of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

I wonder when the remaining ACs will get up and running, I presume it will be March 8th when restrictions are perhaps relaxed?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

Brilliant guys, that has made me feel a lot better about it thanks, as I said I have never had any CCJs etc just the one default in university which I have learnt a lesson from.

Thanks again and best of luck in the rest of the process.

It won't be a problem for SC. DV is a different ball game

It won't be a problem for SC. DV is a different ball game

Bear with me I'm not long on this forum, what does SC and DV mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Bear with me I'm not long on this forum, what does SC and DV mean?

Security Check Vetting and Developed Vetting.

Broadly speaking, SC is what you get from passing PSNI vetting, it gives you access to secret info and supervised access to top secret.

DV is the next level up, required for senior PSNI posts and certain work areas - intelligence etc. Gives you unsupervised access to top secret stuff. It's a lot more thorough and exhaustive.

SC is where you tell them the things they don't know about you. DV is where they tell you things you don't know about you.

• Advertisement

MrChew wrote: »
    Security Check Vetting and Developed Vetting.

Broadly speaking, SC is what you get from passing PSNI vetting, it gives you access to secret info and supervised access to top secret.

DV is the next level up, required for senior PSNI posts and certain work areas - intelligence etc. Gives you unsupervised access to top secret stuff. It's a lot more thorough and exhaustive.

SC is where you tell them the things they don't know about you. DV is where they tell you things you don't know about you.

Haha cheers mate, I'll focus on getting in first I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

Congrats to all that passed! If you didn’t get through keep the head up and try again! I did. You’ll get there!

Heads up for the vetting. Be completely transparent. If you try to hide anything they will Chuck you straight out. Integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CG97

Latto882 wrote: »
    I contacted psni and they have said they are hoping to recruit again in autumn. So some postive news

Autumn 2021, as in September???

I hope so, still trying to keep the chin up after not passing AC. Looking forward to seeing the results and feedback email. Never failed anything in my life, so huge kick in the stones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Jack183726

Hi folks, currently doing vetting. What is a police caution, and how does this differ a FPN or informal warning. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Latto882

CG97 wrote: »
    Autumn 2021, as in September???

I hope so, still trying to keep the chin up after not passing AC. Looking forward to seeing the results and feedback email. Never failed anything in my life, so huge kick in the stones.

Yeah i contacted the psni directly and that is what they have said. Obviously Covid and other delays can occur but if all goes to plan i would imagine a campaign advertised sep-oct which would be great news .

• Advertisement

Jack183726 wrote: »
    Hi folks, currently doing vetting. What is a police caution, and how does this differ a FPN or informal warning. Thanks

A police caution is used in lieu of a court appearance when you've admitted guilt for an offence. It's essentially a formal warning that goes on your record and usually used for minor offences.

FPN, a fixed penalty notice, is where you've committed a motoring offence and attracted a fine or other penalty.

An informal warning is pretty much a telling off. It doesn't require an admission of guilt and doesn't formally contribute to your criminal record.

For the purposes of vetting, put any and all of the above down on your form.

Appreciate the response. This may sound a silly question but how do you know if you have received a caution, like does it have to be in writing or interviewed at a police station.

Appreciate the response. This may sound a silly question but how do you know if you have received a caution, like does it have to be in writing or interviewed at a police station.

You'll know if you've received a caution. It's not something that there would be any ambiguity around. It is delivered in person and beforehand the exact terms and implications are explained to you. You'll also get confirmation in writing. Feel free to PM me if there's something specific you want to ask but aren't comfortable posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

How’s the application coming along @MrChew ?

I was unfortunate again this time round so I’m done with trying.

I finished my prison Training and I’m now live. As you know the Prison service was my first choice but it’s still a kick in the swingers the amount I invested for the police to get knocked back at the AC when I felt I did above average.

Belfast86 wrote: »
    How’s the application coming along @MrChew ?

I was unfortunate again this time round so I’m done with trying.

I finished my prison Training and I’m now live. As you know the Prison service was my first choice but it’s still a kick in the swingers the amount I invested for the police to get knocked back at the AC when I felt I did above average.

I'm sorry to hear that chum. That is a kick in the teeth indeed. Glad you got what you wanted in the end though.

I'm appointable, just waiting on the call now, though God knows when that will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

MrChew wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that chum. That is a kick in the teeth indeed. Glad you got what you wanted in the end though.

I'm appointable, just waiting on the call now, though God knows when that will be!

Ahhh great news pal. Glad to hear you are now waiting the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Majorian

Is anyone here from outside of NI? I've passed the assesment center and now I'm waiting on the next stages, planning on moving to NI when things take off properly and I'm looking at a start date in a realistic timeframe. I'm a wee bit worried about getting my medical and physical done though because obviously those can't be done remotely or over in England. Is anyone else in a similar position or know if there will be much flexibility when it comes to getting dates for those seeing as I'll have to fly up?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Hi folks,
    First time posting here as I’ve just come across the forum. Wish I had known about it before the AC for all the solid advice/tips. You seem like a really good bunch. Had no idea that this, or any coaching etc even existed so always felt kinda on my own through the whole process this far. I’m a fair bit older than most of you I’d say, so I was only prepared to take one shot at hopefully joining.
    Reading over some of the past posts on here I’m in FT 2, have online learning and vetting passed. Got to do my pca familiarisation just before the current lockdown, then the test itself was cancelled, so still waiting on it being rescheduled, plus medical. The setup was great, felt very safe with all the necessary measures in place.
    Sorry to hear some of you didn’t pass the AC, wish you the best moving forward and if I can be of any help to anyone else through the later stages, give me a shout.

Hi folks,
    First time posting here as I’ve just come across the forum. Wish I had known about it before the AC for all the solid advice/tips. You seem like a really good bunch. Had no idea that this, or any coaching etc even existed so always felt kinda on my own through the whole process this far. I’m a fair bit older than most of you I’d say, so I was only prepared to take one shot at hopefully joining.
    Reading over some of the past posts on here I’m in FT 2, have online learning and vetting passed. Got to do my pca familiarisation just before the current lockdown, then the test itself was cancelled, so still waiting on it being rescheduled, plus medical. The setup was great, felt very safe with all the necessary measures in place.
    Sorry to hear some of you didn’t pass the AC, wish you the best moving forward and if I can be of any help to anyone else through the later stages, give me a shout.

Welcome, from one older applicant to another!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Hi folks,

Welcome AlphaBravoOut from me as well - another age-matured candidate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Welcome all new posters.

AlphaBravoOut - I am at the same stage as you mate. Mature applicant, FT2 and vetting cleared. I also did familiarisation before PCA cancellation. Someone posted the other day that they got a new date for their medical that had been cancelled in January. Here’s hoping there will be rescheduled dates for PCA issued for us soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Majorian wrote: »
    Is anyone here from outside of NI? I've passed the assesment center and now I'm waiting on the next stages, planning on moving to NI when things take off properly and I'm looking at a start date in a realistic timeframe. I'm a wee bit worried about getting my medical and physical done though because obviously those can't be done remotely or over in England. Is anyone else in a similar position or know if there will be much flexibility when it comes to getting dates for those seeing as I'll have to fly up?

Hard to judge time lines at the moment. Once the merit list is finalised and issued this might be slightly clearer although vetting, COVID situation and intakes at Garnerville are all variables on the length of the process ahead. I would imagine PSNI will be fairly flexible in terms of dates for managed stages you need to attend taking into account your personal circumstances so don’t stress. I would email psni recruitment to get more info regarding and to make them aware of any concerns. Sorry i can’t be more helpful and best of luck for next stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Welcome all new posters.

AlphaBravoOut - I am at the same stage as you mate. Mature applicant, FT2 and vetting cleared. I also did familiarisation before PCA cancellation. Someone posted the other day that they got a new date for their medical that had been cancelled in January. Here’s hoping there will be rescheduled dates for PCA issued for us soon.

Good to hear buddy..really glad I’ve found this forum, better late than never. Hope we hear news soon about our rescheduled pca, I’m definitely ready for it now at this stage lol. Will let you know if I hear any word.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Hi reading this group for a while and glad to say I passed the AC,Regarding vetting I'm abit nervous, stupidly 3 years ago I got a community resolution notice (I'm going to declare it) just wondering if anyone on here has been in the same situation and could put my mind to rest. Thanks

ASM1234 wrote: »
    Hi reading this group for a while and glad to say I passed the AC,Regarding vetting I'm abit nervous, stupidly 3 years ago I got a community resolution notice (I'm going to declare it) just wondering if anyone on here has been in the same situation and could put my mind to rest. Thanks

I’m not sure if a CRN would affect it but it might, depends what it’s for... as you say 100% declare it though

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Helmsman22

Did you get your results last week? Did you get an email or anything telling you you've been progressed to the next stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Newbieee wrote: »
    I’m not sure if a CRN would affect it but it might, depends what it’s for... as you say 100% declare it though

Thanks for the reply! Hopefully it doesn't it was my first and last warning with the police, my job now needed an advanced check and it didn't come up. But ill declare it and hope for the best.

No mate sorry for the confusion, just checking in advance.

ASM1234 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply! Hopefully it doesn't it was my first and last warning with the police, my job now needed an advanced check and it didn't come up. But ill declare it and hope for the best.

If that’s the case then you’re grand bud, All the very best with the remaining stages ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 MoaningMertyl

Failed my AC despite going and getting coaching and feeling I had done really well.

Is there an appeals process against how you were marked?

Or is this the end?

Advertisement