Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Paulo345 wrote: »
    I had my medical date set for next week, however got the email saying that all PCA and medicals are postponed, does this include those that have already had dates set?

Hi Paulo, it does appear to be the case unfortunately. Alot of people commenting on their pca/medicals being cancelled. Only good news at the minute is the rest of us will find out if our a/c assessment was successful/unsuccessful this Friday. Wont be getting merit order though as the a/c are currently on hold aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

Results out, passed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 The99

Omg the relief from that email! Good luck to everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

Passed as well. The relief is immense. Hopefully see a few of you in GV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Brodin2693

Passed also, congrats to everyone! Hopefully see some of you not too far down the line in GV!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

YESSSS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Unfortunately didn’t make the cut this time but congratulations to all who did best of luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HopefulCan2002

Got the email was scared to open it lol! Thankfully I passed so relieved now that it’s here!!! On to the next stage whenever that is. Do you think we will get the vetting forms next?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Yukuza2008 wrote: »
    Unfortunately didn’t make the cut this time but congratulations to all who did best of luck!!!

Sorry to hear that chum, hope you're ok with it.

What a relief , thank god! Good luck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Boneyard2002

Failed also. Heart is literally shattered

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Congrats to everyone with the good news received, unfortunately didn't make the cut either on this occassion. Just to await feedback now to see where I messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Latto882

Unfortunately didnt make the cut, very hard to take.
    Well hopefully theres another recruitment drive soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2 The99

Failed also. Heart is literally shattered

Been in that position! This will be my third time around, just keep with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CG97

Didn’t pass either myself, absolutely heart broke to be quite honest. It’s disheartening when you’ve wanted something so bad, and waiting all this time for bad news.

First time applying and I tried. Roll on the next one!!

Congrats to everyone who passed, well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Keep the heads up folks. I think this is my 3rd or 4th attempt and last failed AC in 2015 campaign by 1 mark. Regroup and come back stronger I think there will be a need for another campaign very soon and you’ll have all the experience of this time around. If you want it you will get there! Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

I passed, congrats to all those who passed. Keep the chins up if you failed, Just remember you have now gained valuable experience on what to expect the next time recruitment opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 felix1305

Any thoughts on when next recruitment could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

Passed, first time attending the assessment centre.

To the people who unfortunately failed, keep your chins up, you’ll know exactly what to expect the next time!

I got through to the final interview twice for the fire service and was absolutely devastated both times so I know exactly what you all are going through!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cat8609

Passed, really thought I wouldn't get this email, now just to wait on the merit list position 😠hard luck to those that didn't get this far this time and congratulations to all that did .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Helmsman22

Hello, long time lurker here. I just got the good news that I passed. I was worried when I didn't get fast-tracked, and kept having to remind myself that most people who passed haven't been and I didn't just mess up. I'm sorry to hear from all the users on here who didn't get the result they were hoping for, to wait for so long only to get bad news is harsh.

I have a question: I understand that we are still waiting on some people to do their ACs before the merit list gets passed on. Does that mean that we will not be able to conduct any further parts of the recruitment process such as vetting until this happens? From lurking the previous campaigns vetting seemed to have been a bottleneck for a lot of recruits, making them wait for months after completing everything else. It would make sense to kick off our vetting processes asap, and get them out of the way even if we do not yet have a merit list.

Helmsman22 wrote: »
    I have a question: I understand that we are still waiting on some people to do their ACs before the merit list gets passed on. Does that mean that we will not be able to conduct any further parts of the recruitment process such as vetting until this happens? From lurking the previous campaigns vetting seemed to have been a bottleneck for a lot of recruits, making them wait for months after completing everything else. It would make sense to kick off our vetting processes asap, and get them out of the way even if we do not yet have a merit list.

This is a good question and the answer is not clear. Previously, it seems that vetting was conducted roughly in line with the merit list. Additionally, the results email says that details haven't yet been passed to the PSNI, which would suggest vetting isn't going ahead.

However, these are not ordinary times so maybe some details will be passed along with higher scorers getting their vetting papers?

You could always email Deloitte and ask for clarification because I'm sure there's a bunch of people here who would like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Latto882

I contacted psni and they have said they are hoping to recruit again in autumn. So some postive news

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

Hi folks, wee question, this may be for people who have already started in the role or know someone who is in the job already. I was wondering about shifts? Not asking about times as I know we arent allowed to but more around how many days in a row do we typically work then how many rest days would you get? Also wondering if it is that common that your rest days are cancelled and you are told that you must work on rest days? I know there will be elements of this and of overtime but was just wondering how common this would be in terms of trying to make plans etc? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CLC93

Hi all, first time posting. I’m in FT group 1 and I got the rescheduled medical invite today. Was originally supposed to have it this month but it was cancelled along with everything else. Just thought it would be good to let others know that they’re obviously trying to progress with things despite lockdown and it looks as though they’ve got the ball rolling on some things at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Anyone know rough numbers of how many people pass from the AC?

JC12250 wrote: »
    Anyone know rough numbers of how many people pass from the AC?

Merit pools in the last two recruitment campaigns have been just over 1050.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Thank Goodness, I passed - 3rd time OST and 1st timer A/C. I am so sorry to hear that some of you guys (Yukuza2008, Boneyard2002, Si_zx10r etc) didn't make the cut off - you all guys have been amazing, irrespecutful of the results. Please keep up the chin and don't give up, just keep trying. Best of luck for the future! Xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 deebizzle13

Hi guys,

First time writing here, just got word through that I passed the AC so very happy about that condolences to any that failed this time, hopefully everything goes your way the next recruitment.

Just wondering about vetting, I know they check your financial situation. About four or five year ago I stupidly defaulted on a payment whilst young, stupid and in uni. Since then however I haven't missed a payment on anything, have successfully managed a credit card, held down a good job for multiple years etc and the debt have been settled for many years. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and will that go against me or will I be able to show that this was when I was younger and haven't done anything like this since.

Thanks if you get back to me!

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

First time writing here, just got word through that I passed the AC so very happy about that condolences to any that failed this time, hopefully everything goes your way the next recruitment.

Just wondering about vetting, I know they check your financial situation. About four or five year ago I stupidly defaulted on a payment whilst young, stupid and in uni. Since then however I haven't missed a payment on anything, have successfully managed a credit card, held down a good job for multiple years etc and the debt have been settled for many years. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and will that go against me or will I be able to show that this was when I was younger and haven't done anything like this since.

Thanks if you get back to me!

I had a defaulted payment too - same situation as you, young and in love with spending - slightly longer timescale (8 years), and passed vetting fine. Doubt it will cause you any problems.

Congrats on passing your AC.

Advertisement