Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

So if they still have over 100 people to employ and there is a few months between intakes, the 2020 people might not get started for six months at least ?

Those numbers don't take into account the most recent call which went out mid December, plus there will be those who have failed some part of the process, have opted not to take their place, or who have deferred their start. There are other posters on the board who have said that the people being called up in December were 1000+ on the merit list meaning there is a discrepancy between the stated numbers remaining from 2018 and the actual numbers as they are today.

With that said, with PCAs and medicals being cancelled plus reduced numbers in each intake to facilitate social distancing in GV, it would be reasonable to assume it could be a fairly long time between AC results and becoming appointable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Frozenfeet95

MrChew wrote: »
    Those numbers don't take into account the most recent call which went out mid December, plus there will be those who have failed some part of the process, have opted not to take their place, or who have deferred their start. There are other posters on the board who have said that the people being called up in December were 1000+ on the merit list meaning there is a discrepancy between the stated numbers remaining from 2018 and the actual numbers as they are today.

With that said, with PCAs and medicals being cancelled plus reduced numbers in each intake to facilitate social distancing in GV, it would be reasonable to assume it could be a fairly long time between AC results and becoming appointable.

What do you think about the FT people ? As there seems to be a few who have done everything including their vetting and medical

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

What do you think about the FT people ? As there seems to be a few who have done everything including their vetting and medical

To be honest unless you are working in recruitment nonone knows if and when anything will happen at the minute, in fact based on a conversation with recruitment yesterday they don't know any more than us right now. Things are changing on a daily basis with this pandemic.

Personally I'm still waiting on my vetting however its looking likely that with all this I'm going to be into GV as quickly with my merit list number as someone who got theirs within 3 weeks now.

No amount of worry , stress or speculation is going to speed anything up for any of us now.

At the end of the day we are all here for the same end goal.

sharon1986 wrote: »
    To be honest unless you are working in recruitment nonone knows if and when anything will happen at the minute, in fact based on a conversation with recruitment yesterday they don't know any more than us right now. Things are changing on a daily basis with this pandemic.

Personally I'm still waiting on my vetting however its looking likely that with all this I'm going to be into GV as quickly with my merit list number as someone who got theirs within 3 weeks now.

No amount of worry , stress or speculation is going to speed anything up for any of us now.

At the end of the day we are all here for the same end goal.

Yeah, this exactly. My previous post was basically speculation - there are no certainties at the minute. All we can really do is wait and see what happens next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BishBashBosh1

Boss20 wrote: »
    Not sure how often this is updated but here is an idea of numbers!

I got the call mid December and am from 2018 campaign but had to defer from an early intake in 2019 due to surgery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

I've had no official update from recruitment to say my PCA is definitely cancelled. I did my familiarisation this week. I am expecting its cancelled but I'm also wondering what's the chances it might still go ahead as planned? Seems odd they wouldn't have sent an email update today. If I don't hear anything by close of business tomorrow I will email recruitment to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cat1117

I've had no official update from recruitment to say my PCA is definitely cancelled. I did my familiarisation this week. I am expecting its cancelled but I'm also wondering what's the chances it might still go ahead as planned? Seems odd they wouldn't have sent an email update today. If I don't hear anything by close of business tomorrow I will email recruitment to confirm.

I’m in the same boat as you. Had my familiarisation this week but haven’t received an email yet saying my actual PCA has been cancelled. This is making me think it might still go ahead since there’s been no word and we’ve already done the familiarisation but I might just be being optimistic!! Good luck with your PCA - hopefully it does go ahead as planned.

Cat1117 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat as you. Had my familiarisation this week but haven’t received an email yet saying my actual PCA has been cancelled. This is making me think it might still go ahead since there’s been no word and we’ve already done the familiarisation but I might just be being optimistic!! Good luck with your PCA - hopefully it does go ahead as planned.

Thanks Cat1117. All the best with your next stages and PCA also. I guess we will see in the coming days if postponed or not. Fingers crossed and optimism here too!

I passed vetting. Just over 8 weeks. Buzzing. PCA, Medical and SMT still to go.

Still no update to say PCA in very near future is postponed so holding hope still going ahead.

I passed vetting. Just over 8 weeks. Buzzing. PCA, Medical and SMT still to go.

Still no update to say PCA in very near future is postponed so holding hope still going ahead.

Congrats mate, thrilled for ya. Hope your PCA goes ahead as planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Lesburney

What are the odds of us finding anything out this month then? Does anyone on here still have to do their AC or know anyone else who does? If they are planning on delaying us again and won't tell until the day before I think my patience will be tipped and even though I really want this job I'll move on to other things because as much as it's appealing at this point I just think it's pure disrespect and disregard from Deloitte towards us.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Lesburney wrote: »
    What are the odds of us finding anything out this month then? Does anyone on here still have to do their AC or know anyone else who does? If they are planning on delaying us again and won't tell until the day before I think my patience will be tipped and even though I really want this job I'll move on to other things because as much as it's appealing at this point I just think it's pure disrespect and disregard from Deloitte towards us.

I emailed joinpsni earlier in the week to ask, waiting to hear back. Usually you get a generic auto email straight back which I didn’t get. Il update If I get a reply but wouldn’t be counting on much.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CoAntrim24

Anyone get an email from recruitment about the new impact Covid is having on up and coming intakes?

CoAntrim24 wrote: »
    Anyone get an email from recruitment about the new impact Covid is having on up and coming intakes?

Yup. Predictable enough given the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

Yea I got it too.

Yeah I got it. My PCA has been postponed until further notice until things can be reviewed and new dates issued once we get out of recent COVID regulations. Disappointing but understandable looking at wider health picture at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

I see everyone has got the email. It was inevitable.

I had my fingers crossed for a march start date. Can't even express how disappointed I am.

I can't imagine how others are feeling that are still waiting for assessment centre results.

At this point I'm now scared that they'll just scrap the process. They've only got 2 groups of fast track and one of them isn't even fully completed the PSNI managed stages nearly a year after the launch of the campaign.

I've been waiting for this for 7 years, if they scrap this campaign or it gets postponed any longer, I think I'll go crazy.

Let's just hope the number of cases falls enough for restrictions to be eased earlier than expected. Hopefully the roll out of the vaccine will make things get back to normal as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Regarding the email I sent to recruitment last week querying the assessment centre results, I got a reply today

It is our intention to provide an update ASAP and by close of business on 29th January 2021. We still aim to meet the January deadline, however that is subject to possible change due to the exceptional external factors.”

Regarding the post above, I highly doubt they would bin this campaign. Too much money invested already.

Regarding the email I sent to recruitment last week querying the assessment centre results, I got a reply today

It is our intention to provide an update ASAP and by close of business on 29th January 2021. We still aim to meet the January deadline, however that is subject to possible change due to the exceptional external factors.”

Regarding the post above, I highly doubt they would bin this campaign. Too much money invested already.

I hope you're right, maybe I'm just being a bit too pessimistic at the moment. Hard to be optimistic when we keep getting held back.

I had my fingers crossed for a march start date. Can't even express how disappointed I am.

I can't imagine how others are feeling that are still waiting for assessment centre results.

At this point I'm now scared that they'll just scrap the process. They've only got 2 groups of fast track and one of them isn't even fully completed the PSNI managed stages nearly a year after the launch of the campaign.

I've been waiting for this for 7 years, if they scrap this campaign or it gets postponed any longer, I think I'll go crazy.

Let's just hope the number of cases falls enough for restrictions to be eased earlier than expected. Hopefully the roll out of the vaccine will make things get back to normal as soon as possible.

They aren't likely to scrap the campaign, not at this point. There are already reduced numbers going through GV, and their attrition rate won't have changed, meaning that any shortage of officers is only going to be exacerbated in the short term. They're not going to chuck 600 officers only to start the whole thing over.

The only possibility for binning the 2020 campaign would be for financial/budgetary reasons but even that is unlikely due to the commitment to increase policing numbers in the New Decade New Approach deal.

You just need to houl your whisht for now, as difficult as that may be. Once the intakes start up again, you should be near the front of the line.

EDIT Apologies if this comes off as unsympathetic, I'm not, I'm as gutted as you are. I'm just aware that we're relatively lucky as far as this all goes. I feel for those who have had PCAs cancelled, or who will get AC results but have no idea when they might move on to the next stages. We just have to wait which, on balance, doesn't seem that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Nb1234

I Don’t think they will scrap the campaign, although we are in a lockdown , once we come out of it, this pandemic will continue to exist for a long while, and they need more folks in green on the ground! Good luck and hope you get your start date soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3 psni_potential

Has anyone not received the Email? Not sure if my inbox is messed up or not. I’ve received several emails today. Not sure whether to worry or not😅

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Yeah I got it. My PCA has been postponed until further notice until things can be reviewed and new dates issued once we get out of recent COVID regulations. Disappointing but understandable looking at wider health picture at the moment.

Was it only the FT that got this email?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Has anyone not received the Email? Not sure if my inbox is messed up or not. I’ve received several emails today. Not sure whether to worry or not😅

I didn’t receive an email. Don’t know if that’s a good or a bad sign.

Yukuza2008 wrote: »
    I didn’t receive an email. Don’t know if that’s a good or a bad sign.

Bit unnerving.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Boneyard2002

Only FT received an email.

Only FT received an email.

What a relief. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

Correct, I believe it was only FTs that got it

For the FT folks who have passed PCA, how likely do you reckon it is we'll have to repeat it? In previous campaigns, PCA and medical have had an expiry date of six months.

• Advertisement

MrChew wrote: »
    For the FT folks who have passed PCA, how likely do you reckon it is we'll have to repeat it? In previous campaigns, PCA and medical have had an expiry date of six months.

The email says they won't have officers commencing the student officer training programme until May. I believe fast track group 1 could possibly get the call in April for a May start.

I would say as long as we receive an offer before the end of April, it's still technically less than 6 months.

At least, that's what I'm hoping :P

Advertisement