Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

The next intake to G.V is the end of Feb. I know someone who scored on the pass mark from the 2018 A.C and they are in that intake so I would say the next intake after that will be the F.T from 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Let's hope the 2020 process with be sped up as there is only 2 FT groups at managed stages. My friend was saying they are in desperate need of more officers aswell. Hopefully there will be a proper update come end of January for everyone waiting on a/c results.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Boneyard2002

That’s us going into another lockdown then. I don’t see anything happening until after summer sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Things looking worrying on the news tonight, NI exec haven’t made a decision but will likely tomorrow announce a lockdown similar to what Boris has announced this eve something like what we experienced March/April.
    I have my PCA familiarisation & PCA in very near future I wonder if it will be affected by the new restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Things looking worrying on the news tonight, NI exec haven’t made a decision but will likely tomorrow announce a lockdown similar to what Boris has announced this eve something like what we experienced March/April.
    I have my PCA familiarisation & PCA in very near future I wonder if it will be affected by the new restrictions.

Once we know what additional restrictions are being put in place, email PSNI recruitment and ask. They will give you a straight answer. FWIW, during a previous lockdown I had concerns and they told me that the PSNI stages had all been risk assessed and therefore complied with lockdown requirements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

For those worrying about the new lockdown, dont worry too much.
    PSNI recruitment and training is all risk assessed and will likely come under the essential bracket.

For those worrying about the new lockdown, dont worry too much.
    PSNI recruitment and training is all risk assessed and will likely come under the essential bracket.

Hey, do you think that we be the case for a/c? they are likely down to the very last few people now. Seems crazy to hold up the process any longer when 99% of people have now attended.

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Hey, do you think that we be the case for a/c? they are likely down to the very last few people now. Seems crazy to hold up the process any longer when 99% of people have now attended.

As the ACs are no longer done in a hotel, I would imagine the last of them will continue yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CoAntrim24

Hey everyone,

Does anybody know if you get your results for the medical and substance misuse test sent out ? Or is it a ‘no news is good news’ kinda thing.

If we do get them sent out does anyone know how long it takes for them to process it and give you the results?

CoAntrim24 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Does anybody know if you get your results for the medical and substance misuse test sent out ? Or is it a ‘no news is good news’ kinda thing.

If we do get them sent out does anyone know how long it takes for them to process it and give you the results?

I got an email for my medical result just under a week after doing it, and then the SMT result via email a further week after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 CoAntrim24

MrChew wrote: »
    I got an email for my medical result just under a week after doing it, and then the SMT result via email a further week after that.

Brilliant mate, thanks !!

Medicals cancelled! Nooooooooooooo!

Oh no sorry to hear that mate. Is it because of the new lockdown restrictions ? Hopefully they can reschedule your medical ASAP. My PCA is very soon I wonder if it will be cancelled too. I might email recruitment today to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mcztg_93

I know - I got the email this morning too. :-(

No way, so sorry to hear that! Which FT group were you in??

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

Yeah. I was finishing up support sessions ready to retest and our support sessions are cancelled so I’d say yes expect any soon pcas to be cancelled

Wyl91 wrote: »
    Yeah. I was finishing up support sessions ready to retest and our support sessions are cancelled so I’d say yes expect any soon pcas to be cancelled

Ah mate, that's rough. Sorry to hear that.

MrChew wrote: »
    No way, so sorry to hear that! Which FT group were you in??

First group too, although Still waiting on vetting too

First group too, although Still waiting on vetting too

That's a real kick in the teeth, and I'm sorry to hear it. Hopefully you aren't cancelled for too long and it goes ahead reasonably soon.

With this slowing things down, and the 2018 merit list being exhausted, it's definitely looking like GV will have to pause any further intakes due to a lack of trainees.

Its a bit crazy this whole campaign has been impacted as much as it has for an essential service thats likely going to be under more pressure with the new rules. Hopefully things will improve soon and this process can move forward. Good luck to everyone and stay safe, holding a little hope for results on the 29.01.21.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Boneyard2002

It’s absolutely crazy to me that the Armed Forces can go ahead with their recruitment with no problems but Deloitte can’t. I would of thought the recruitment would go ahead seeing as the role is an essential service and they are crying for more cons. It would make sense to me to tell the people who have failed that they have instead of living in hope for the bad email also.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

It’s absolutely crazy to me that the Armed Forces can go ahead with their recruitment with no problems but Deloitte can’t. I would of thought the recruitment would go ahead seeing as the role is an essential service and they are crying for more cons. It would make sense to me to tell the people who have failed that they have instead of living in hope for the bad email also.

From what I can see, other forces in the UK are doing their recruitment process entirely online (including medical and vetting) and PCA is done once you start your training - very unlikely to fail it, as you are assessed "on the go"! Some forces take as little as 3 weeks to provide you with the results from their online A/C and your SJT/IST is assessed IMMEDIATELY after you do it, again online; in-house interviews - results in 3 days. Overall, from start of application to intake in police college 3-6 moths for the whole application process. Vetting, 2 weeks! Now, how is this not possible to be rolled over here in NI, provided that the standards should be the same for all forces across the UK, based on the College of Policing standards, including the CVF? It's going to be so so disappointing if they delay our results here again and possibly, many people, who have been wanting to join specifically the PSNI FOR YEARS, could opt to go and apply to a force in England that will process their application in months, not in years :confused: I still hold hopes that PSNI will do their best to keep the recruitment campaign going. Good luck everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mgpiepsni

Hi guys!

I’m sure you’re all frustrated. I’m in college at the minute and I was recruited mid pandemic. My medical was pushed back, so was my PCA resit - although, they extended the time so I got a call to say my time was within the new threshold and was pushed on to the next stage so I didn’t have to wait for a new PCA resit appointment. I was meant to start a couple months earlier but I eventually started in October. If anything the last stages of my recruitment were pushed through so quickly. My vetting took a matter of weeks, my medical results came the day after I had it and next thing you know it was induction day. It seems forever now but, once you’re in college, it absolutely flies! Patience will be rewarded guys. Not the same for everyone but, I hope I’ll see you about in March just before I (hopefully) attest. All the best with the remaining stages for any of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

PCA Familiarisation and PCA cancelled.

Andimaul wrote: »
    PCA Familiarisation and PCA cancelled.

Balls. I was wondering if the medical cancellations were down to an outbreak of COVID at the medical testing centre but it just seems like they've cancelled the in-person stages outright.

I was able to do my familiarisation this week but I’m sure my actual upcoming PCA will also be cancelled although no official update yet.
    Frustrating for everyone but I’m trying to stay positive and taking it as a bonus I got to see the course and can train accordingly until things get going again. Been a crazy recruitment campaign that’s for sure. Wishing everyone best wishes wherever you are in the process.

I think the main frustration for most is not even knowing if we have passed the a/c stage. I had my a/c 5 months ago now and I'm 100% sure they're not still debating whether or not I passed so for me I would be relieved to at least know whether or not I passed as do most. I really hope they put us out of our misery either way on the 29th. Going to be a bit crap for some of us as not everyone will pass and its the not knowing thats the most frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Frozenfeet95

Does anyone know how many people are left from the 2018 campaign to start ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

Does anyone know how many people are left from the 2018 campaign to start ?

Not sure how often this is updated but here is an idea of numbers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Frozenfeet95

Boss20 wrote: »
    Not sure how often this is updated but here is an idea of numbers!

So if they still have over 100 people to employ and there is a few months between intakes, the 2020 people might not get started for six months at least ?

Advertisement