Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Coffeehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Planning to have breakfast in Paris, but with the ongoing strikes, I doubt that I will venture towards the Champs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Vino time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Room side, My favourite time of the week , it's time for cat hospital 🐱😸😸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

In the kitchen just back from a few pints in the local.

Listening to "nothing breaks from the heart" which I heard on the drive home (from work earlier, not the pub before anyone gets excited!) and thought that's not bad, will play that later....
    Only just discovering it's actually a Miley Cyrus song. Horrified!!! God I must be losing my mind, listening to Miley Cyrus of all people!
    Might as well stick on the feckin Spice girls next. In fairness its a decent song, modern technology can do wonders, she normally sounds like me in the shower!

Gas going out on yer own in rural pubs, I'm only recently single so I usually wouldn't have ventured out much to the "local" but in Dublin pubs where I used to go in my younger days you walk in the door and nobody bats an eyelid. If yer on yer own you probably stay alone unless you make an effort to not be alone.
    But with the rural ones you walk in the door and everyone has a good long look, who's this fella? And I saw someone getting a drink and said to them "freezing isn't it?" and they came over and sat next to me and had a good chat for an hour. Nuts the comparison between the Dublin/rural pubs.

Youtube has now skipped on and Miley Cyrus is badly butchering "Jolene". Dolly Parton would turn in her grave. If she was dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,855 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lordie but it's cold tonight , and it seems like we're in the "sweet spot " for snow tomorrow !
    Think I'll order a spice bag , haven't decided yet .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Feeling like Patrick Swayze, in that I've had the time of my life :pac:

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Feeling like Patrick Swayze, in that I've had the time of my life :pac:

Was it you who poured the hot tea into the glass from Dunnes and got the 56 grand?

NewRed2 wrote:
    Was it you who poured the hot tea into the glass from Dunnes and got the 56 grand?

Have no idea what you're talking about but it sounds omniPOTent... :D

Lol :D

Enjoy !

• Advertisement

:D lol

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Enjoy !

Would you like a pot of Lyons or Barry's Mam though? ;)

Would you like a pot of Lyons or Barry's Mam though? ;)

Don't like either of them Ghosteen , and that omnipotent stuff just makes me sleep ;)

I wasn't always this age ye know :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Even as a couple you'd have all eyes on you as a newcomer to a rural pub, NewRed . Nice that someone was sociable and made you welcome :)

Reading a zombie apocalypse kindle book set in Dundalk.Winds the brain down.

See this why the top global chefs on the telly always have a glass of wine next to them while cooking but never drink more than a sip during the entire cooking process....

I came in from the pub earlier after just a few pints, started reading this forum, eventually stuck on the oven and threw in a nice freshly made pizza and set timer to 25 mins.
    After 25 mins alarm went off so I turned the temperature down to 100 to keep it warm and responded to a couple more posts on here.
    Then went over to grab my pizza and discovered the pizza was still on the bench next to the oven.

Balls.

Eating Chickatees. Gracefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The sticky yellow coating on your hands and the roof of your mouth might make graceful difficult :D

The sticky yellow coating on your hands and the roof of your mouth might make graceful difficult

Oh it's possible when you're as graceful as I am. I make Fred Astaire look like Bambi on ice... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Heading to the land of nod :)

Night all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

Came back... in the immortal words of Joe Strummer...
    "Should I stay or should I go"? ..

• Advertisement

Vino & Christmas lights don’t go together

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

honeybear wrote: »
    Vino & Christmas lights don’t go together

You'll be crying in a few minutes :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Trying to decide if I should go upstairs and sleep or stay in this seat and eat.... decisions decisions. I was so excited about a French breakfast until I remembered that their idea of breakfast is a croissant and hard boiled egg.

You'll be crying in a few minutes :D

Feel like I’ve done a few rounds with Mike Tyson!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Home after working a job on the streets of Dublin City Centre this evening/night.

:eek::eek::eek:

Some really nice scenes are easily found and as that was the script, it was followed. The live crib at the Mansion house in particular, was lovely. But seriously lads, the other sights I saw would astonish you in a WTF way! So many women crying into friends arms on the streets outside bars. So many men bouncing off each other in a macho showcase. So many people pissed drunk falling around the place. Homeless people. Aggressive Gardai. I could go on. I feel like a disgusting illusionist, workwise.

Suppin a beer. Looking forward to putting up the decorations tomorrow with Mrs G and Little G and making the house look so Christmasy and forgetting about a lot of the crap I saw tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Only going to bed now after gorging on liverpool games in the cl. It's like watching them all over again :)

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Aggressive Gardai.

Not overly surprising, seeing as they see worse than that & put up with terrible crap every night.........

Yesterday was a write off, one night out & I'm finished for the whole day! So, hopefully back to normal now :)
    Off to work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Got up to a snow shower, passed now and didn't stick, but it gave me a Christmasy feeling.
    On hols now until the new year.
    I'm having a cuppa with my wife and then we are off shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Out of the cot early to a lovely heated house (the ole timer is a great invention!). Had snugs with the cat who sometimes likes me sometimes hates me, today she didn't really have an opinion. I'll take it. I'll trot on to the gym shortly and then I am free as a bird for the rest of the day. Good days <3 Happy Saturday one and all x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement