Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside with a Lemsip, damn this cold weather.
    If I feel a bit better, will be ordering a chinese later:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,428 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Homeside, having a little break before I finish the mopping. Living the high life as usual. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Snap! Except I'm on the laundry putting away job.
    I cracked under pressure and guiltily guzzled half a Benson and Hedges. Emotional burn out was imminent but I'm on an even keel again. No wonder nicotine is so addictive.

Can't think of any songs I feel like listening to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Divilment and Shenanigans tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Homeside, having a little break before I finish the mopping. Living the high life as usual. :(

You shall go to the ball, Cinders. Don't forget to do behind the couch :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homeside, waiting for a possible call from the builder who was doing work on our house (mam has a crush on him and is absolutely determined not to miss him :D but also there’s still work that we need finished)

Shopping was great fun, did a bit of damage to the bank card but oh well, I don’t do it regularly so it’s fine :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

So tempted to go to Mac to get my face done however I’m just being lazy and am just as qualified to do it myself. Decisions though!
    Do I want to blow €40 on makeup or on cocktails

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Eleysian wrote: »
    Pics please Grandeeod. Slides beer across for later.

Afternoon one and all. Haven't posted much because work, home chores, sleep and rinse, repeat ��

Beer O'Clock! I'm renowned for detesting flat pack, losing the head and giving up. Had bad experiences with cheap sh1te years ago from Bargaintown. But the Ikea and Jysk stuff is better. Still hate it though.:D
    Autosport wrote: »
    Divilment and Shenanigans tonight :D

Divilment I can do, but Shenanigans are harder to come by these days.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

So tempted to go to Mac to get my face done however I’m just being lazy and am just as qualified to do it myself. Decisions though!
    Do I want to blow €40 on makeup or on cocktails

Get a few drinks in. Like loads.
    Then get your face done. What could go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ah Smurf how could you leave that adorable face, never go away again!

Wondering how Harry's getting on. I picture him more as a Withnail....

I’m in the kitchen having a Turkey sambo, trying to avoid the cat trying to hypnotise me in to giving her some turkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I am out in town tonight but I doubt I’d be ready by 8:30 and secondly I would suspect I’d be coming home with a charge sheet if I partied with you :D (edit because I’m an idiot not because you’re trouble!)
    They do say never meet your heros :D
    'Partied with' is a term thrown around quite loosely. No charge sheet for you at all lex, clean bed sheets maybe but eh charge sheets? Nah I got the gift of the gab when it comes to the men in funny hats.
    @trig if you change yer mind you know where I'll be at. If yer stuck for few bob I've a ticket for ya, and enough beer vouchers to employ a Filipino man servant for a f#"n year.. and sniff,loadsa ****in sniff.

@Eleysian

The pics of what I went through hardship to assemble. Yeah they look easy when put together, but coming out of the box it's just unrecognizable bits of wood. The next tables were easy though. The coffee table was bonkers stuff.:eek:

Book shelf.jpg

Coffee Table.jpg

Table nest.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

You're a solid skin Harry but I was left in charge of the 9 year old and he is not yet partial to malt, rye, grape or yeast based drinks. Enjoy.

You should have given me a shout Grandeeod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Got this Spotify Wrapped email today - Seemingly I listened to The Tractors the most. I think it was Deja Boo mentioned them and I played an album to death for a couple of weeks.

Mine was the late great Mac Miller CH, definitely thanks to his Swimming album which I played to death..... I'm also genre fluid....hey baaaabes! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside, muttering grumpily

Poochie05 wrote: »
    You should have given me a shout Grandeeod!

You good at flat pack??

Grandeeod wrote: »
    You good at flat pack??
    I am the flat pack queen!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Finally couchside
    Evening all Hope ye are good ?
    Just had a lovely stew that I cooked this morning. First bite all day so stressed out today can’t eat . What’s the news in here ?? Any gossip

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Just putting my 3 year old down, lying in the dark while he goes to the land of nod. So peaceful.

• Advertisement

I am the flat pack queen!

I am the flat pack joker so.:o But with Mrs G's plans for a refurb of sorts, I'll be getting lots of practice.:eek:

A few beers and then my share of a really good Chinese style chicken curry with rice and chips. More rogue chili in it too!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I am the flat pack joker so.:o But with Mrs G's plans for a refurb of sorts, I'll be getting lots of practice.:eek:

A few beers and then my share of a really good Chinese style chicken curry with rice and chips. More rogue chili in it too!

The key is to identify all the pieces before you start and follow the instructions. If you are anything like the men in my life you skip that bit and then wonder when it doesn’t work! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

The key is to identify all the pieces before you start and follow the instructions. If you are anything like the men in my life you skip that bit and then wonder when it doesn’t work!

Everyone knows you've put it together wrong if you use all the pieces!

Everyone knows you've put it together wrong if you use all the pieces!

Yup, always a few screws left over

Yup, always a few screws left over

And dowels! I've lots of dowels left over. I always lay it out in pieces, but I always struggle come assembly time if certain bits don't fit. But fair play to Jysk, awkward in spots, but worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

On my way to bed. Arthritis, arthritis everywhere. Night all folks. No shenanigans in my absence.

Hope Seph is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Eleysian wrote: »
    On my way to bed. Arthritis, arthritis everywhere. Night all folks. No shenanigans in my absence.

Hope Seph is OK.

Feel your pain on the arthritis tonight sympathy coming your way

Having the dinner watching Life Stinks by Mel Brooks. A skinny Coke for the wash down and maybe an Apple bakewell tart to finish. The ladies are watching that rubbish, I'm a Celebrity.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Heading for bed here as well, busier than anticipated few days at work but tomorrow is looking handy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Feel your pain on the arthritis tonight sympathy coming your way

Seems a lot of us are afflicted with arthritis , at least there's understanding of others pain though .

Home , was going to wrap Christmas presents , but the paper's in the attic , and I'm still waiting on the ladder to return , fingers crossed for tomorrow :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement