Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

couchside, feeling a bit down (ended a relationship a few days ago)

Ah sorry to hear that that’s tough aspi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

@Sky If moving your jaw gets difficult consider using a straw ( liquid diet, but still....)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Deskside listening - Erik Satie - Gymnopédies & Gnossiennes on Youtube. Gives my heart a lift.

Sorry to hear that Aspie it can be a difficult time. Look after yourself.
    All work done and I'm taking a few weeks off now, so I'm in that half relaxed not sure if I can relax mode :o

Haven't had a Friday wine in a few Fridays as I'm on a health kick, so a litre of ice cold water is my accompanient to Satie this fine evening. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

At home, hoping Seph is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A few more beers here on my days off. Got sucked into a bit of work email rubbish this evening with sad dopes that have no lives. Told them to fook right off. I'm on the path to Christmas and then a new start in London work wise. Feeling very emotional as it approaches. Won't be easy as I'm a family man.:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*peeks in*

peekaboo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

0lddog wrote: »
    I'm homeside and resisting the urge to make a didactic post about how important it is to get inflamatory arthritis ( RA, PA etc ) under control as soon as possible to minimize joint damage.

Can ye all work taps ? would lever taps help ?

e.g. https://s.taps4less.com/PIE/D-DLV102--B.jpg

Last time I looked, Woodies had things to convert standard turn taps to lever taps.

( I'm not a plumber )
    Still off my meds but the one thing I’m noticing I’m struggling with is unlocking and locking the front door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

Big fluffy dressing gown check.
    Tub of Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup check.
    Lovely fire check.
    Lovely extra long sleep in planned tomorrow check. :)

Still Kitchen side and listening to the Sisters of Mercy - Vision Thing. It doesn't get better than this when alone.

Hail a Mary!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A few more beers here on my days off. Got sucked into a bit of work email rubbish this evening with sad dopes that have no lives. Told them to fook right off. I'm on the path to Christmas and then a new start in London work wise. Feeling very emotional as it approaches. Won't be easy as I'm a family man.:(

That’s tough g how often will u get home ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

In the kitchen with the laptop on the counter playing some music.
    That "dance monkey" song isn't my usual cup of tea at all but something strangely uplifting about in a cheesy way so hey ho, it will do for now.
    Video is beyond creepy though.
    Fleetwood Mac Go your own way next, always lifts the mood and without the modern thing where you have to create the most ludicrous video possible to try to be different.

Anyway, crap week briefly illuminated by a Merseyside derby win. Yesterday was one of those days where I wished I had stayed in bed.
    Started off with a customer telling me I had printed the wrong job. Granted, I actually had. And I VERY seldom make a mistake at work but I did this time and owned up to it and spent the day putting it right. And to be fair they were sound about it.
    Everyone makes mistakes, took it on the chin and sorted it and they were very polite about it too.
    But then the minute I had that sorted I got another cranky call claiming I had delivered the wrong quantity of another job.
    I get maybe 2 calls per year giving out, let alone 2 in a day. Anyway, luckily I had a record of an email from them proving I was right. But they were narky as hell and only accepted responsibility when they received copies of emails.
    Two minutes after that I got a call from mechanic telling me my van is in need of a new computer. I didn't even know vans had computers!!! Apparently its a huge deal and would cost half the value of the van.
    Got off the phone then and the icing on the cake was some woman ringing and saying she's calling me from the Registrars office and that I'm due to be married today and she's wondering where I am!!!!!!! :D
    By now I actually felt dizzy. :pac:
    Had to try to calmly explain that this was something that had been called off a year ago or whatever and emails had been exchanged confirming that it wasn't going ahead at the time etc.

Sweet jaysus!!

But today was grand. :D

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    That’s tough g how often will u get home ?

Once a month. Its cool Sky. Gotta do it at my age. Nothing much in Ireland for me now. Bigger money in the UK for my skills. Not appreciated here anymore.

Couchside - just in after a few hours strolling around Grafton Street looking at the Christmas windows and people watching. It is going to kick off in there tonight! And there'll be many many casualties of war tomorrow. Was nice though, great atmosphere about the place.

John Creedon is playing a blinder tonight :)

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Couchside - just in after a few hours strolling around Grafton Street

I'm so sorry but this (above) is time for my monthly call girl gag.

One day I'll stop, I promise!!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Once a month. Its cool Sky. Gotta do it at my age. Nothing much in Ireland for me now. Bigger money in the UK for my skills. Not appreciated here anymore.

You're family are going with you I hope.

I'm counting the next half hour until I can go home. Its been a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm in the door from a 2 hour visit with a friend I hadn't seen in a few months.
    Tea and chocolate was had.

To thine own self be true

eviltwin wrote: »
    You're family are going with you I hope.

I'm counting the next half hour until I can go home. Its been a long day.

Going on my own. Following a late late dream of work. If things work out, they may join me. I hope so. That would be great. Absolutely great. But one step at a time for now.

Going on my own. Following a late late dream of work. If things work out, they may join me. I hope so. That would be great. Absolutely great. But one step at a time for now.

That’s cool following the dream g . Any room in the suitcase ???

Jesus! Big thing to take on fella! Best of luck to you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Listening to my top songs of 2019 on Spotify. Perfick.

• Advertisement

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    That’s cool following the dream g . Any room in the suitcase ???

I'm way older than you Sky and still I'm unhappy here. Worked out beyond madness. No room in the suitcase love. Can't wait to leave, but the family left behind for now is an obvious issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Fair play to you, that's a huge step. One thing I do know from experience is family are very resilient when it comes to one of them branching out to better themselves or follow a dream. They'll be right behind you, take strength from that.

Driving a FANUC here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

... family are very resilient when it comes to one of them branching out to better themselves or follow a dream. They'll be right behind you, take strength from that.

Word

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Home, bed, drinking tea, going to sleep soon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

What is a FANUC Sharp ?

Night Eviltwin , here with my bottle of water :)

eviltwin wrote: »
    Home, bed, drinking tea, going to sleep soon

Must do the same, had a great day, lots of work done. First time we left our 7 year old do the tree all by herself(I did the lights), she gets sooo focused, Night all.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    What is a FANUC Sharp ?

Night Eviltwin , here with my bottle of water :)

A Robot Mam. Not the real thing, just a simulator. I'm gonna buy one though, something industrial to make my nightcaps:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A Robot Mam. Not the real thing, just a simulator. I'm gonna buy one though, something industrial to make my nightcaps:-)

Thanks Sharp , I hadn't a clue what it was , night to you and yours :)

A Robot Mam

A robot Mam? Sure this will make regular mams obsolete!!

Sounds good though. So is this a robot that tucks you in at night and makes you hot lemons when you feel ill?
    And irons your clothes for ya?

What's the craic with RRP on these yolks? And will yer missus automatically hate her or does that come with time?

• Advertisement

NewRed2 wrote: »
    A robot Mam? Sure this will make regular mams obsolete!!

Sounds good though. So is this a robot that tucks you in at night and makes you hot lemons when you feel ill?
    And irons your clothes for ya?

What's the craic with RRP on these yolks? And will yer missus automatically hate her or does that come with time?

RRP unaffordable! Ah crikes you just saw a future I don't like! :-) Although a permanent ironer no questions asked sounds excellent!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement