Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie [Netflix] - *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Gave it a watch. It was grand. Same kinda feel I've gotten from BB and BCS. Maybe 1 or 2 moments where it was borderline losing it into cinematic territory. They reined them in though and kept it mostly BB/BCS feel.

Had just seen about Robert Forster passing away just before. He did grand there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Mr.S wrote: »
    very watchable and nice trip down memory lane, and i'm glad the story was just a nice epilogue for Jessie and they didn't go overboard and leave it open ended.

Thought the same. I never believed there was a "necessary" story to tell here, and actually worried they might try to invent some new twist or new largely unrelated Jesse adventure.

Was pleasantly surprised that they didn't. It was "just" an epilogue. Didn't undo or redo anything - and all the better for it, imo. Really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

5 out of 10 for me. Felt like a long drawn out episode with little action

I'm 2 seasons behind in BCS, I found it painful to watch week to week so I let it build up to binge it some time. I think what we really want to see is a Badger and Skinny Pete spin off. Come on Vince!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

gwalk wrote: »
    Alaska is not out if the country, it's a state in America
    You can't get to Alaska by land, without going through Canada first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

You can't get to Alaska by land, without going through Canada first.

Well done, I'm aware of Alaska's geographical situation

It's still the same country though

Getting "out of the county" would be staying canada or going to mexico

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

gwalk wrote:
    Getting "out of the county" would be staying canada or going to mexico

Or getting out of the country COULD mean, leaving the country. Like what was said.

It's ok to be wrong sometimes.

Ironicname wrote: »
    Or getting out of the country COULD mean, leaving the country. Like what was said.

It's ok to be wrong sometimes.

Right so if you going to Donegal via Tyrone would you say you were leaving the country to people? Or would you just be a normal person and say you were going to Donegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Right so if you going to Donegal via Tyrone would you say you were leaving the country to people? Or would you just be a normal person and say you were going to Donegal?
    If in the south of the Republic, you can get to Donegal without going through Northern Ireland. You cannot reach Alaska by land, without passing through Canada, and American citizens require their passports to do so. Again, by driving there, not by flying.

Amazingly, it's actually a different process than getting to "Donegal via Tyrone".

gwalk wrote:

Sorry chief, you were the one being pedantic at the start. It was pointed out you were wrong and now you are doubling down.

Leave it be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Jesus man....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

There was a street sign Holly Ave/Drive, iirc. BB nod there.

Yeah it was explained here in an 'Easter Eggs' video about El Camino.

The character Holly in BB was based on Vince Gilligan real life partner's name Holly.

- Holly avenue.

But there was a further reference to her with Arroz lane as her name is Holly Rice. Arroz means rice in Spanish.

UEEvlqz.png

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Small things like hearing about the Houston businesswoman in a critical condition on radio are things Gilligan does very well. Jesse knew straight away what and who it was.

They even mentioned the 'turbulent week for the Euro' on the radio.
    Then I remembered it was supposed to be set in 2013 they are great for the details. Must take them ages!

If in the south of the Republic, you can get to Donegal without going through Northern Ireland. You cannot reach Alaska by land, without passing through Canada, and American citizens require their passports to do so. Again, by driving there, not by flying.

Amazingly, it's actually a different process than getting to "Donegal via Tyrone".

Just read that back and realise how stupid my analogy comes across

My apologies, can we chalk that up to craky Sunday morning syndrome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Was also a bit far fetched that Jesse took out the welder with 2 shots from his pocket, but took about 10 shots to hit the second lad, even though he was aiming at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Passable fare

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Loved it myself, to the poster that suggested a spin off, of a series with Skinny Pete and Badger would love that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Was he to just stand there and let the guy shoot him instead? plus this is a guy who was brutally tortured, witnessed the cold blooded murder of a girl that he loves and the threats against her son, plus the welding guy was friends with the Nazis. You go through all that and it changes you.

I thought what was more unbelievable in El Camino - was how bad a shot that fella with the balding red head and Mustache was.

He must have fired four shots at Jesse at point blank range and did not even wound him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

You’d almost think it was entertainment and not real life. Mad isn’t it.

You’d almost think it was entertainment and not real life. Mad isn’t it.

It was a bit 'A-Team' though lots of shots no hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Loved it myself, to the poster that suggested a spin off, of a series with Skinny Pete and Badger would love that.

Yeah...two fellas getting stoned and playing video games for a series. Great.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

Penfailed wrote:
    Yeah...two fellas getting stoned and playing video games for a series. Great.

Does sound good to me

Anyone else notice Walt’s big bulbous head? Clearly some sort of bald cap because he wasn’t going shaving his head for one scene.

I was having a look to see how far Albuquerque New Mexico is away from Haines Alaska.

It is 2937 miles.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Albuquerque,+NM,+USA/Haines,+AK,+USA/@49.7534149,-133.1341872,3.88z

Ed Galbraith, 'the vacuum repairman' mentions when they were in Alaska that" it is 40 miles in that direction to Haines"

So I had a look at the Map near the Canada-American border in British Colombia the nearest town is a place called Pleasant Camp.

After Pleasant Camp I looked for a place that is about 40 miles from Haines on the Haines Highway across the border in Alaska.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Haines,+AK,+USA/''/@59.4172096,-136.553024,10z/data=!4m12!4m11!1m5!1m1!1s0x54001f972851b98d:0xb4f19a60eafd118e!2m2!1d-135.445!2d59.2358333!1m3!2m2!1d-136.3583565!2d59.4497435!3e0

hmqmIDJ.png

Anyone else notice Walt’s big bulbous head? Clearly some sort of bald cap because he wasn’t going shaving his head for one scene.

I didn't notice it to be honest. I was too busy listening to what was being said - in case there was some sort of reveal or nugget of info.

I didn't notice it to be honest. I was too busy listening to what was being said - in case there was some sort of reveal or nugget of info.

I noticed it but like most things like that I’m used to from watching better call Saul.

I was having a look to see how far Albuquerque New Mexico is away from Haines Alaska.

It is 2937 miles.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Albuquerque,+NM,+USA/Haines,+AK,+USA/@49.7534149,-133.1341872,3.88z

Ed Galbraith, 'the vacuum repairman' mentions when they were in Alaska that" it is 40 miles in that direction to Haines"

So I had a look at the Map near the Canada-American border in British Colombia the nearest town is a place called Pleasant Camp.

After Pleasant Camp I looked for a place that is about 40 miles from Haines on the Haines Highway across the border in Alaska.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Haines,+AK,+USA/''/@59.4172096,-136.553024,10z/data=!4m12!4m11!1m5!1m1!1s0x54001f972851b98d:0xb4f19a60eafd118e!2m2!1d-135.445!2d59.2358333!1m3!2m2!1d-136.3583565!2d59.4497435!3e0

Confused - are you saying yer man pretty much just sent Jesse into a trap?

Cos I have to be honest, for some reason, when I was watching it, i felt Jesse was getting set up. When the drone shot at the end shows him driving away, I had a feeling the camera/drone was gonna fly high enough to show the border/patrol cars etc. in front of jesse and that he was driving straight into being caught.

But then that didn't happen, so I presumed I'm just always expecting a twist in the story and left it be. :o

Confused - are you saying yer man pretty much just sent Jesse into a trap?

Cos I have to be honest, for some reason, when I was watching it, i felt Jesse was getting set up. When the drone shot at the end shows him driving away, I had a feeling the camera/drone was gonna fly high enough to show the border/patrol cars etc. in front of jesse and that he was driving straight into being caught.

But then that didn't happen, so I presumed I'm just always expecting a twist in the story and left it be. :o

Ah no, nothing so elaborate. I was just curious to find out where Jesse's character ended up - Haines Alaska, and to get some idea how far away Alaska is from New Mexico.
    Ed Galbraith 'the disappearer' guy has an 'honour among thieves' code (a lot like Mike) 'a deals a deal'.
    He would not be the sort to be rat/snitch.

There is a good review of El Camino here -

It goes on about the symbolism etc and BB references.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The fella who plays Todd is only 31. I thought he was about 50. Put on some load of weight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

How is Jesse Plemons throwing it into Kirsten Dunst? Yes, I’m shallow.

Advertisement