Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

I saw a white vw id4 in portlaoise today,looks great in white

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

dave oc wrote: »
    Has anyone looked into roof racks? Are there any available for it yet? VW prices are steep as expected (based on uk site and a vw wexford accessories listing), but I've no experience with roof racks as I've never had a car with this option.

If you are getting roof bars ? I assume that's what you mean and not roof rails ?are they already on the car.
    Get the proper vw ones fitted by the garage as any other brand will not look great as you spent so much on the car don't ruin it for the sake of maybe €200, its well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭pad199207

Silver, Blue or Manganese Grey?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

pad199207 wrote: »

Blue
    Silver
    Manganese Grey

• Registered Users Posts: 11,112 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Not tempted by the yellow? ;)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

i wouldnt dare :P

My favourite colour:).

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

Blue
    Blue
    Blue
    Yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

KCross wrote: »
    Same, car not shown on the app today (ID.3, so not an ID.4 only problem). Tried old and new version of the app and also logout and login. No joy.

I guess they are updating the backend systems. Should come back itself in a few hours, hopefully.

Working again for me.

kop-end wrote: »
    Blue
    Blue
    Blue
    Yellow

Yeah I’m thinking the blue. Looks fantastic in the showroom. However it isn’t 100% the favourite in the pad household atm

• Advertisement

Are you able to charge ID 4’s off Tesla public chargers?

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Only if it's a Tesla ID.4

Yeah I’m thinking the blue. Looks fantastic in the showroom. However it isn’t 100% the favourite in the pad household atm

All joking aside, I don’t think you can go wrong with either of the blue, white or Yellow, all of them look super in the flesh. The only one I would personally dodge is the grey, that colour hides some of the nice creases in the ID4

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

All joking aside, I don’t think you can go wrong with either of the blue, white or Yellow, all of them look super in the flesh. The only one I would personally dodge is the grey, that colour hides some of the nice creases in the ID4

No other takers for the silver then ...just me then

crassusg wrote: »
    No other takers for the silver then ...just me then

I'd say the silver would look good, with the black roof. Would have to see it though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Moonstone grey?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Was sent a video of the car in Magenese grey and thought it looked very nice. White is stunning in it, blue is decent too but wasn't blown away with it. Yellow is class but unsure if it's a colour that would stand the test of time. It's a car that looks well in most colours. Haven't seen a proper video of the car in Silver but going by the configurator it's the one colour that makes it look really bland. It just makes it look like a Grandland X or something similar, and I usually love silver in cars.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Was sent a video of the car in Magenese grey and thought it looked very nice. White is stunning in it, blue is decent too but wasn't blown away with it. Yellow is class but unsure if it's a colour that would stand the test of time. It's a car that looks well in most colours. Haven't seen a proper video of the car in Silver but going by the configurator it's the one colour that makes it look really bland. It just makes it look like a Grandland X or something similar, and I usually love silver in cars.

The Peugeot 3008 (I think) is a car that look fabulous in every colour I've seen it in.

I find blues can go out of fashion when a new "blue" arrives on the scene

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

forumdedum wrote: »
    The Peugeot 3008 (I think) is a car that look fabulous in every colour I've seen it in.

I find blues can go out of fashion when a new "blue" arrives on the scene

Ya, I have a 3008 in Pearlescent white myself. Side profile it looks very similar to the ID.4. Nice clean and gloss really makes the car pop.

Ya, I have a 3008 in Pearlescent white myself. Side profile it looks very similar to the ID.4. Nice clean and gloss really makes the car pop.

It's my fave looking car, it arrived just after I bought my Tiguan - which I really like driving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fraggle00

Manganese grey was the only colour I considered.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

If your talking about Tesla Superchargers, then no. They are currently still Tesla only.

If your talking about Tesla Destination Chargers, then it depends…… if it’s a single destination charger, it’ll be Tesla only, but if there are multiple destination chargers, at least 1 of them should be for any type 2 EV..

You can tell the difference by the little sign at each charger…. Red sign will say ‘Tesla Vehicles Only’ and these chargers will only charge a Tesla, but the grey signs will say Electric Vehicle Charging’ and these chargers will charge any type 2 car..

Kellys Resort in Rosslare have 7 in total with 4 of them designated Tesla only.
    The Armada Hotel in Spanish Point have 3 with 2 of them Tesla only
    The Radisson Spa in Limerick has 1 and it’s Tesla only.
    Banbridge Outlets up north have 2 and they are both Tesla only… (they are beside an eCars unit)

Here's a few of the ones in Kelly's Resort, showing the red & grey signs at each charger..

When we arrived there was a Kona using one of the grey ones, and another Tesla using a Tesla only one...

608090.jpg

And here is the Armada Hotel in Spanish Point;

600084.jpg

So in summary, when scouting out charging locations, and you see Tesla destination chargers, dig a little deeper (in PlugShare App) to see how many there are and if some are open to all EV’s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Maybe we should start a new thread for hotels with chargers?

cannco253 wrote: »
    Maybe we should start a new thread for hotels with chargers?

I second this motion 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I second this motion ��

Thirdeded!

Edit: Doneded. :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058184995

Anyone got any ideas around alternatives to cubic telecom plans for onboard internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Anyone got any ideas around alternatives to cubic telecom plans for onboard internet?

Hotspot from your mobile?

I have an Android, so I use Macrodroid to enable the hotspot when the car connects via Bluetooth. I have unlimited data on the phone, so no worries about streaming or other usage. When I leave the car Macrodroid stops the hotspot and enables WIFI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Does it need a data plan for the onboard functions like maps etc.? Or will they be free?

Hotspot from your mobile?

I have an Android, so I use Macrodroid to enable the hotspot when the car connects via Bluetooth. I have unlimited data on the phone, so no worries about streaming or other usage. When I leave the car Macrodroid stops the hotspot and enables WIFI.

I can do this to get internet to the car, but I can't use Android auto. When I try connect to Android auto it says "connecting to Android auto. This will allow data to be transferred between your vehicle and the mobile device.". If I select "use Android auto" it connects me to the cars WiFi.

• Advertisement

Does it need a data plan for the onboard functions like maps etc.? Or will they be free?

Maps work. Not sure about live data though. I'd assume not, since as soon as I disabled my hotspot the car gave me a notification to say internet Radio is unavailable, and to connect to a wifi.

I've used my free 1gb over the last 5 weeks it seems. Guess it's not 1gb/month for 3 months

Advertisement