Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pass123

Just been working through this with a dealer - the grant threshold is based on the OTR price - delivery cost included and no discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

I'd confirm that with the dealer and try to get it in writing from them just so everyone is clear, as they apply for the grant on your behalf.

For my purchase in March, the dealer would not release the car to me until he had written proof (email or website clearance I presume) from SEAI of the grant being successfully applied for. At that stage I had already paid for the car so there was no issue with walking away from my side.

They had the grant number but had not received the full paperwork from SEAI (something about the website being down which sounded a bit of an excuse to me) and I was told they would not take the risk of handing over the car and being potentially stung for 5k later if the grant failed in some way, although I've never heard of that happening.

Once they got the paperwork they registered the car quickly.

There's a good diagram on SEAI showing the process if you scroll to the "Using the grant scheme" and click on the link
    https://www.seai.ie/grants/electric-vehicle-grants/dealers-ev-grant-scheme/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

I would say that once the free money gravy train for vw and others runs dry they will announce scale of efficiency savings and reduce the price of the cars accordingly. By all accounts these are simpler cars to design and build with less to go wrong in terms of warranty and less materials with ever reducing battery costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,112 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Lantus wrote: »
    I would say that once the free money gravy train for vw and others runs dry they will announce scale of efficiency savings and reduce the price of the cars accordingly. By all accounts these are simpler cars to design and build with less to go wrong in terms of warranty and less materials with ever reducing battery costs.

Possibly, what happened in the UK with the E-Niro was that Kia released a lower trim. I think the E-Niro was previously only available in the high end '4' and '4+' specs

VW already have lower trim ID models, so they can't really do that.

I could see a trim level in between the Tech and Business being introduced to keep the grant

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭digiman

I’ve been told by a BMW dealer that once they get the chassis number they can apply for the grant. So if that’s true you could apply for the car as soon as it’s built, and then have it delivered after July for a 212, as you could be waiting for the car to ship form wherever it’s manufactured.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Having not seen any/many ID.4's in the wild until about 10 days ago, I've been seeing a hell of a lot of these on the roads lately..

I think they look fantastic.
    They'll sell by the ship load.

Hows everyone getting on with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭hold my beer

They're a really nice car, loving ours. Seeing loads myself, including a blue one parked up at Tibradden Wood yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭boccy23

I have mine since last week and even passed another.

We waved!

I know, sad isn't it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

boccy23 wrote: »
    I have mine since last week and even passed another.

We waved!

I know, sad isn't it. :D

LOL, have mine five weeks and only passed another on Saturday - two actually, waved at both!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ya I was the only blue one around, now on Saturday I had a grey ahead, a gold behind and a blue passed!!! Mine is the best though.....

No complaints so far. Sitting now around 420km on a charge. When I have to charge I just set a remind on the phone to turn it on before I hit the hay to utilise night rate.

The grey "Trim" is a pig to keep clean. It seems to attract the dirt into the plastic, so its not fun.

Still a really good purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

I'm seeing a lot of them around too, one pulled into our gaa club as I was leaving. A couple others in our estate too. 1st edition definitely turned out to be a good deal in hindsight, hopefully they hold their value pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Has anyone looked into roof racks? Are there any available for it yet? VW prices are steep as expected (based on uk site and a vw wexford accessories listing), but I've no experience with roof racks as I've never had a car with this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭pad199207

Do these electric cars increase the insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

pad199207 wrote: »
    Do these electric cars increase the insurance?

Mine reduced by a fair whack..

Drove on the Motorway today for the first time with it. Set the Cruise Control and it adapted as I went through the various speed limits, slowed it down and set it to 100Km/Hr and then back up.

Weird as on my Passat it never did that. It was cool and with the "B" mode, getting more used to just steering.

Even went around a roundabout in an 80Kmhr Zone by slowing me down and all I had to do was steer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭pad199207

eagerv wrote: »
    Mine reduced by a fair whack..

Good stuff!:D

Anyone lose the cars connection to the WeConnect app?

Mine stopped working today for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There was an update to the app on Saturday, have you downloaded that?

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Cork to Athlone via motorway, turning off at thurlas.

Motorway section, 120km/hr actual speed on the motorway.
    IMG-20210510-111119.jpg

Full trip:
    IMG-20210510-163533.jpg

Arrived with 41% battery, and 180km on the display. Much more than expected.

Wanted to fast charge when we arrived but SOC is a bit high, and the kids were not having it.

Only downloaded it on Saturday, so should be the newest Version. Was working fine yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Only downloaded it on Saturday, so should be the newest Version. Was working fine yesterday.

Sign out of the app and sign back in and see will that work.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Sign out of the app and sign back in and see will that work.

Nope, same as unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,112 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Cork to Athlone via motorway, turning off at thurlas.

Motorway section, 120km/hr actual speed on the motorway.
    IMG-20210510-111119.jpg

Full trip:
    IMG-20210510-163533.jpg

Arrived with 41% battery, and 180km on the display. Much more than expected.

Wanted to fast charge when we arrived but SOC is a bit high, and the kids were not having it.

Looks good, that's pretty good consumption

Was Athlone your destination? You could probably charge up on the granny lead overnight and have enough to get to Cork, no fast charges needed

Also, what did you have for breakfast? :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Yeah mine is gone too. I've tried downloading the update and signing out and back in. No joy.

I also tried to give voice commands for the first time in the car today and it said it didn't have an internet connection!

Yeah mine is gone too. I've tried downloading the update and signing out and back in. No joy.

I also tried to give voice commands for the first time in the car today and it said it didn't have an internet connection!

Just checked and same. No internet connection.

The app is telling me the vehicle is in offline mode. I didn't change anything in it. Is there a way to permanently set that to online. I keep getting the option when I get into the car, and am wondering did my OH change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Same, car not shown on the app today (ID.3, so not an ID.4 only problem). Tried old and new version of the app and also logout and login. No joy.

I guess they are updating the backend systems. Should come back itself in a few hours, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

KCross wrote: »
    Same, car not shown on the app today (ID.3, so not an ID.4 only problem). Tried old and new version of the app and also logout and login. No joy.

I guess they are updating the backend systems. Should come back itself in a few hours, hopefully.

Same so assume issue is on VW side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

pad199207 wrote: »
    Good stuff!:D

Mine went up so I guess you won't know until you change. I'm sure it depends on what you're coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Looks good, that's pretty good consumption

Was Athlone your destination? You could probably charge up on the granny lead overnight and have enough to get to Cork, no fast charges needed

Also, what did you have for breakfast? :D

Athlone was the destination yeah. I'll probably give it a fast charge and top off with the granny cable.

Lots of hard rain showers along the way too, mostly on the motorway.

Crunchy nut

Advertisement