Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,112 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

crassusg wrote: »
    I'd imagine the dealer holding onto a nice margin at that price

Definitely, always better to sell private

It's more hassle but might net you an extra few thousand

If it takes 4 hours of work to sell the car and nets an extra €2k from what the dealership would give you, then that's €500 per hour of effort, not bad :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

That's a lot of money for a private sale though. That's hassle, especially if someone arrives with 50 Euro notes lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Just saw an ad for 0% APR on VWs. I wonder how much difference to price that would make on ID4

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

forumdedum wrote: »
    Just saw an ad for 0% APR on VWs. I wonder how much difference to price that would make on ID4

Was discussed in the ID3 thread the car there day and I think they said the ID4 is excluded.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Was discussed in the ID3 thread the car there day and I think they said the ID4 is excluded.

Shame. I will wait now to see if ID4 is included down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 36 Mr.Sir

Is a tow bar an option on these? Does hunting and have a small dog trailer. Literally 200kg single axle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Mr.Sir wrote: »
    Is a tow bar an option on these? Does hunting and have a small dog trailer. Literally 200kg single axle.

Ya Tow bar is an option. Around €950 or there abouts I think. Can add it in the configurator.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

Just seen some tweets from Shane O’Donoghue, testing his ID4 on the motorway, from a full charge overnight he did about 240km at motorway pace and has about 42km left in battery of 15%

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya Tow bar is an option. Around €950 or there abouts I think. Can add it in the configurator.

Damn, lot cheaper than the 1st edition, I was quoted close to €2k

Shows the difference it makes when it's factory installed versus after sales :(

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

kop-end wrote: »
    Just seen some tweets from Shane O’Donoghue, testing his ID4 on the motorway, from a full charge overnight he did about 240km at motorway pace and has about 42km left in battery of 15%

https://twitter.com/shane_o_d/status/1391372249408622595?s=21

About what's expected for 120km/hr driving.

I'll be doing a drive from Cork to Athlone tomorrow, from 100%. Cork-thurlas on motorway, then national roads up to Athlone. Curious to see how it does on consumption/range. Expecting to arrive with at least 100km range left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

About what's expected for 120km/hr driving.

I'll be doing a drive from Cork to Athlone tomorrow, from 100%. Cork-thurlas on motorway, then national roads up to Athlone. Curious to see how it does on consumption/range. Expecting to arrive with at least 100km range left.

Will you update here how you get on with
    Consumption on the motorway and National roads?

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

kop-end wrote: »
    Will you update here how you get on with
    Consumption on the motorway and National roads?

I post so much here I'd probably tell you what I ate for breakfast if I thought it had anything to do with the car. Spent the last 2 nights trying to get the car up to 100%. Damn scheduled charging, or lack of it.

I'll report back here later though. Should have a slight tail wind on the trip up so motorway hopefully won't be too bad on energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Spent the last 2 nights trying to get the car up to 100%. Damn scheduled charging, or lack of it.

Are you still testing that! Why bother? It’s broken and will do all sorts of random things because of it going to sleep at “random” times.

You just have to manually start the session until VW fix the in-car timers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭pad199207

Grants will be gone for the Tech and Max Models after July 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

pad199207 wrote: »

Presuming that once you ordered before that you still qualify for the grant ? its not based on delivery I hope :eek:

Presuming that once you ordered before that you still qualify for the grant ? its not based on delivery I hope :eek:

Grants are done when the car is registered (or just before) isn't it?

Yeah. Just off the phone to a VW Dealer and he said that with the tech model, the metallic and delivery brings it over the 60k threshold. Grants are done upon registration is what he said. That could be the 212 plate off the cards with that trim so.

I was aiming for 212 plate so thats me fecked. Together with this and the price they are giving for my trade in. I may look elsewhere.

Yeah. Just off the phone to a VW Dealer and he said that with the tech model, the metallic and delivery brings it over the 60k threshold. Grants are done upon registration is what he said. That could be the 212 plate off the cards with that trim so.

So they would need to discount the metalic paint (or portion of it) to keep it grant applicable?

So they would need to discount the metalic paint (or portion of it) to keep it grant applicable?

I would imagine so yes. Can you see garages doing that though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭deravarra

I was aiming for 212 plate so thats me fecked. Together with this and the price they are giving for my trade in. I may look elsewhere.

If the metallic brings it just over the grant threshold, then perhaps the dealer or VW themselves could be looking at something which would bring the price down under the threshold.

I'd reckon they won't, and accuse the government of doing something sly.

We all know the incredible mark-ups on cars.

• Advertisement

I would imagine so yes. Can you see garages doing that though?

Cant see them wanting to do it, but if the price is agreed and deposit paid its a tough one to come back and tack on 5k :) (and still think the sale is going through)

The tech price is €59,680 including metallic. Delivery is €1,000.

This is going to cause problems for many id imagine.

The next trim down is Family which doesnt include many of the tech specs. You cant even add them as options.

To make matters even more confusing another dealer has told me you can get it under the 60k for 212.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Question - does the disappearance of grants for the higher-end cars actually help the second-hand value for those who acquired them before the grants disappeared?

i.e. if the 'perceived' price of the car new is €5,000 higher does that help second-hand prices in a couple of years?

Cant see them wanting to do it, but if the price is agreed and deposit paid its a tough one to come back and tack on 5k :) (and still think the sale is going through)

You can bet your house on it that the price you are agreeing to is the one excluding grants because no manufacturer will be responsible for something completely out of their control, i.e if the government pulled all grants in the morning there's nothing they can do about it.

Yes that's what dealer said to me. VWs lack of options are driving me nuts re ID4

forumdedum wrote: »
    Yes that's what dealer said to me. VWs lack of options are driving me nuts re ID4

Same as. Learning all this this morning has really frustrated me.

Same as. Learning all this this morning has really frustrated me.

Is the grant threshold based on the list price or full price paid does anyone know ? cause i guess delivery fee or any applied discounts may or may not be included ?

Okay i have just confirmed with SEAI that "if the grant is applied for before the 1st july and registered within a 4 month window from submission you can get the grant"

phew

stupid dealer salesman

Okay i have just confirmed with SEAI that "if the grant is applied for before the 1st july and registered within a 4 month window from submission you can get the grant"

phew

stupid dealer salesman

Sounds like there'll be a rush of orders for the higher trims to get in before the deadline

Might as well go the extra mile and get the GTX :D

• Advertisement

Is the grant threshold based on the list price or full price paid does anyone know ? cause i guess delivery fee or any applied discounts may or may not be included ?

I'm guessing the list price from VW since that's fixed

Advertisement