Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭MarkN

My own money (and my own circumstances) I’d go ID.4. We do small miles in our house. Tiguan looks better in that R-Line spec though I think *sorry* :)

I was charging an MG today and got talking to an engineer from the UK who regularly works here, eNiro, does 2,500kms a month in it and reckons it costs him about 5p per mile all in as it’s a company car etc bought the KIA for the range, that was the only reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yeah, from VW. Wouldn't mind, except they got it correct in some places!

Cheapest premium 255/45/R20 (ID4 1st rear size) runflats on Eiretyres are €260 a corner. Add in fitting and Paddy pricing and I'd say you're easily looking at €600 for the pair on the 1st as well. That L service plan is well worth it!

Am I reading that right. 100 quid between plan that offers a set of tyres versus plan that doesnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

mickdw wrote: »
    Am I reading that right. 100 quid between plan that offers a set of tyres versus plan that doesnt.

€140 - no brainer as I said!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

White, from Laharts kilkenny. Ordered early Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 11,112 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Down South wrote: »
    Picked up my 1st Max today. Very happy camper ��

Congrats, hopefully mines not far behind :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

MarkN wrote: »
    My own money (and my own circumstances) I’d go ID.4. We do small miles in our house. Tiguan looks better in that R-Line spec though I think *sorry* :)

My mum got a Tiguan R-Line as a loaner while her ID.3 was being updated. I didn't think it looked nearly as good as an ID.4 personally, but it might have been the colour combo (blue with black alloys)

I'll admit I'm a bit biased since I'm waiting on an ID.4 myself :)

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

My mum got a Tiguan R-Line as a loaner while her ID.3 was being updated. I didn't think it looked nearly as good as an ID.4 personally, but it might have been the colour combo (blue with black alloys)

I'll admit I'm a bit biased since I'm waiting on an ID.4 myself :)

Wait! You're cruisey!!!???

Regularly I was wondering where you had gone! You were always on about waiting and being excited for your id4 max. Was actually going to pm you to check in on ya.

Hope you get it soon. You'll love it (if you ignore the shoddy scheduled charging)... Speaking of which, a tip on Facebook was/is to schedule lots of 55 minute sessions on the hour every hour during your preferred charging time (night rate time). Kinda hedge your bets

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

I found this surprising - my own experience and Bjorns both suggest the M3 has longer range at speed than I would have assumed/experienced with the ID.4 d=to date.

https://insideevs.com/news/503041/id4-beats-model-3-range/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

https://insideevs.com/news/503236/volkswagen-id4-norra-mexican-1000/

“Volkswagen announced today that a modified version of its ID.4 1st Edition (RWD) model will participate in the upcoming National Off-Road Racing Association (NORRA) Mexican 1000 off-road race, on April 25-29 in the Baja peninsula of Mexico.

To charge the ID.4 in the wilds of Baja, the Volkswagen team will use a portable biofuel generator powering a 50-kW portable fast charger.”

Haha, you caught me :D

Yeah I changed my username a while back as I realised the old one was giving too much away for anyone who knew me in real life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Regularly I was wondering where you had gone! You were always on about waiting and being excited for your id4 max. Was actually going to pm you to check in on ya.

Hope you get it soon. You'll love it (if you ignore the shoddy scheduled charging)... Speaking of which, a tip on Facebook was/is to schedule lots of 55 minute sessions on the hour every hour during your preferred charging time (night rate time). Kinda hedge your bets

Audi has the same rubbish scheduled charging ideally your charger has the functionality built in

catharsis wrote: »
    I found this surprising - my own experience and Bjorns both suggest the M3 has longer range at speed than I would have assumed/experienced with the ID.4 d=to date.

https://insideevs.com/news/503041/id4-beats-model-3-range/

Bit of an odd one alright, since they can't seem to figure out whether it was a Model 3 or Model Y from the title :)

I guess it depends on the external factors, Model 3 may have been in poor weather or something

It does show that the quoted range from the testing cycles is basically useless, can't even use it to compare cars

cannco253 wrote: »
    https://insideevs.com/news/503236/volkswagen-id4-norra-mexican-1000/

“Volkswagen announced today that a modified version of its ID.4 1st Edition (RWD) model will participate in the upcoming National Off-Road Racing Association (NORRA) Mexican 1000 off-road race, on April 25-29 in the Baja peninsula of Mexico.

To charge the ID.4 in the wilds of Baja, the Volkswagen team will use a portable biofuel generator powering a 50-kW portable fast charger.”

I'd like to watch this but unfortunately they have that clown Tanner Foust at the wheel, can't stand him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Finally got my vin number from the dealer, progress!

dave oc wrote: »
    Finally got my vin number from the dealer, progress!

Just got informed mine is being transferred to the port! Getting excited :D

Hopefully it doesn't get stuck waiting on a boat for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭deravarra

Just got informed mine is being transferred to the port! Getting excited :D

Hopefully it doesn't get stuck waiting on a boat for ages

Or the Ever Given blocks the port ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

Can you still order a 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

gar wrote: »

My dealer said no but people on here will know much more than I

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

No all firsts for order are gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Got an email from dealer about service plan today - cheaper prices for the S (€8 a month) and M (€14 per month) than noted before. L the same price

• Advertisement

deravarra wrote: »
    Or the Ever Given blocks the port ;)

Thankfully the Egyptians impounded it and are holding it to ransom to pay for the fine :)

You can't order one to be built but there might be some in stock that didn't get sold. Ring around VW dealers and ask if they have any available

You can't order one to be built but there might be some in stock that didn't get sold. Ring around VW dealers and ask if they have any available

1st max maybe. Those haven't been picked up, so still time for folks to pull out of their deal.

I know forge hill had 3 1st parked outside today. 1 in sure is their demo. 1i think was a customer, and 1 down the side... Likely awaiting to be picked up by an owner

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I ordered one today lads, id4 family, lot of money, putting if through the company. **** it, its a nice car. Someone tell me I'm doing the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Quick one lads, what's are we thinking as an average cost of a full charge at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

niallo27 wrote: »
    I ordered one today lads, id4 family, lot of money, putting if through the company. **** it, its a nice car. Someone tell me I'm doing the right thing.

I'd wait on the kia ev6 or the hyundai ioniq 5. VW dont have a clue when it comes to software. People keep saying ' but they'll sort it out'. Shouldnt be problems when your spending that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Mate was looking for one. Only one in ireland in bradys in cavan. They wont sell it as it's a demo car.

Quick one lads, what's are we thinking as an average cost of a full charge at home.

It's a lovely car. Yup, there's software issues, but the only impactful one I've had is the scheduled charging. Bit annoying it's shipped that way, but I knew I'd have bugs when I bought it. Still happy.

A full charge at home is about 77kWh (more like 80+ if you account for losses to heat and conversions). You can get a night rate from energia for 6 cent (very much advisable to get a night rate unless you can predominantly charge from work, even so it's probably still worth it). €0.06 * 80kWh = €4.80 for a full charge. Call it €5 to go ~400km.

physioman wrote: »
    Mate was looking for one. Only one in ireland in bradys in cavan. They wont sell it as it's a demo car.

Lots of dealers have demos, but yeah, unlikely to sell. A keen buyer will be all over them when they're selling off their demo cars though, get a bargain 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Give your accountant a ring on Monday and ask him to do the BIK calculations on the change over for you. I'd imagine you'll save a bit compared to what you currently drive.

You should also be able to avail of accelerated capital allowances and may be able to claim vat back on 20% of the purchase price.

Advertisement