Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,112 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

niallo27 wrote: »
    Quick one lads, what's are we thinking as an average cost of a full charge at home.

Cheaper than walking :)

Cheapest night rate is around 5c/kWh, giving the cost of a full charge around €3.85

Assuming you get 22.5kWh/100km, that works out as 1.125c per km travelled

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭hold my beer

physioman wrote: »
    I'd wait on the kia ev6 or the hyundai ioniq 5. VW dont have a clue when it comes to software. People keep saying ' but they'll sort it out'. Shouldnt be problems when your spending that money.

Do not listen to this person. I've had one tiny issue, the app not sending destinations to the car. Bar that haven't had a single issue. The ID4 is a super car

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's a lovely car. Yup, there's software issues, but the only impactful one I've had is the scheduled charging. Bit annoying it's shipped that way, but I knew I'd have bugs when I bought it. Still happy.

A full charge at home is about 77kWh (more like 80+ if you account for losses to heat and conversions). You can get a night rate from energia for 6 cent (very much advisable to get a night rate unless you can predominantly charge from work, even so it's probably still worth it). €0.06 * 80kWh = €4.80 for a full charge. Call it €5 to go ~400km.

I work in jnj so loads of spare points at work so I thinking i won't need to charge it much at home. Ah no I'm happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Give your accountant a ring on Monday and ask him to do the BIK calculations on the change over for you. I'd imagine you'll save a bit compared to what you currently drive.

You should also be able to avail of accelerated capital allowances and may be able to claim vat back on 20% of the purchase price.

Cheers for that, i will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

My father finally got a spin in one today. Ordered the Style afterwards as he couldn't justify the 10k extra for the Business with the driving he does. He was on the fence about it up today. He liked it but wasn't 100% sure as was relying on just a walk around of the car. Was very impressed once he took it for a spin though and ordered.

• Advertisement

I work in jnj so loads of spare points at work so I thinking i won't need to charge it much at home. Ah no I'm happy out

You'll want to get a home charger eventually, but if you can charge at work then there's no urgency. Work chargers can end up ICEd or broken for a while, so you'll want the home charger as a backup

Cheers for that, i will do.

The problem is they limit the value of capital allowances available for passenger cars. Pain in the neck

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The problem is they limit the value of capital allowances available for passenger cars. Pain in the neck

It's capped at €25k so 12.5k per year. That would wipe out €100k in profit a year.

It's capped at €25k so 12.5k per year. That would wipe out €100k in profit a year.

It's 24k. And the problem is you still have to stump up the extra amount over that and you get no tax relief.

It's 24k. And the problem is you still have to stump up the extra amount over that and you get no tax relief.

If you want the tax relief you buy a commercial.

• Advertisement

I know, I'm just saying its a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Give your accountant a ring on Monday and ask him to do the BIK calculations on the change over for you. I'd imagine you'll save a bit compared to what you currently drive.

You should also be able to avail of accelerated capital allowances and may be able to claim vat back on 20% of the purchase price.

Was a guy over in BIK group got notification from Revenue that they are no longer allowing zero BIK on EVs bought in 2021 - i can't understand it as the legislation runs until end of 2022; maybe worth a read

Was a guy over in BIK group got notification from Revenue that they are no longer allowing zero BIK on EVs bought in 2021 - i can't understand it as the legislation runs until end of 2022; maybe worth a read

Have you a link to the group/thread?

Even if he doesn't get 0% he could be looking at a lower rate than he is already paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

Has anyone experienced this error ? Any idea the cause ?

551342.jpeg

v10 wrote: »

551342.jpeg

I seem to remember it's part of the driver assistance, can't read the road signs or something

It's a bit strange they say no warnings available with a warning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

551342.jpeg

Usually rights its' self within a few minutes. Got it a few times on the ID.3 and other cars with similar sensors.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

551342.jpeg

Got that once. My best reasoning for it was I shot out the gate before the system has totally booted up, thus this safety features were not running yet. Cleared after a few seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭innrain

Have you a link to the group/thread?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116286947#post116286947

Read the discussion that follows. I still believe that is not right but that is just my interpretation.

innrain wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116286947#post116286947

Read the discussion that follows. I still believe that is not right but that is just my interpretation.

The posts following it are correct. EVs purchased in 2021 are still eligible, as per TCA 1997 (as amended), Section 121, (2)(b)(iv)
    notwithstanding subparagraph (ii), where a car made available during the period 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2022 is an electric vehicle and the original market value of the car does not exceed €50,000, no amount shall be treated as emoluments of the employment,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Did anyone here go for the VW Charger? How are ye getting on with it? Better off to just go with a Zappi?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

[HTML][/HTML]

551342.jpeg

Happened to me last week, not sure why! Was only on a short spin and it was cleared next time I drove it.

Had my first good drive since getting the car and gut to say it's great on a long drive, very comfortable. Had to use the services on the M9 and I got 12 kWh in 8 minutes. Probably didn't need it but great to get so much juice in that time!

That time of the week again. Scheduled charging cock ups. Not scheduled until 12.30am, but for some reason the car is charging now at 4kW. Unable to stop it from the app either (though that's never worked for me - anyone else have similar app issues?)

That time of the week again. Scheduled charging cock ups. Not scheduled until 12.30am, but for some reason the car is charging now at 4kW. Unable to stop it from the app either (though that's never worked for me - anyone else have similar app issues?)

Maybe the car doesn't like the cold? :)

Maybe the car doesn't like the cold? :)

Didn't like charging anyways. Got 30 minutes of half power and nothing since. Good thing I'm going nowhere today

Sounds like People would benefit from smarter chargers that allow you to control them directly via an app ?

I've had my issue with the BMW i3 charging via it's timer too.

Sounds like People would benefit from smarter chargers that allow you to control them directly via an app ?

I've had my issue with the BMW i3 charging via it's timer too.

It amazes me that there are features on my Leaf that other cars still can't get right :o

Some details about the ID.4's bigger brother, the ID.6 from Shanghai Auto Show. Focused mostly on the Crozz version which is apparently the one which will be sold overseas

https://uk.motor1.com/news/503378/vw-id-6-walkaround-video/

Interesting that it's a 6 seater, probably makes for a nicer arrangement for the middle row if you had to put adults back there. There's also a 7 seater version coming later apparently

Boot space looks good with the rear row down, bit tight with both rear seats up, getting 4 kids plus a few bigs bags of luggage in could be interesting. I guess that's typicaly for a 7 seater though

I like some of the exterior styling like the door handles being in silver and the white writing on the back. I think the rear lights look better than the ID.4. Not sure about that double light bar at the front though, bit tacky IMO

Range should be interesting, same battery size as the ID.4 but heavier vehicle. I'm thinking 250-300km with that big battery would be realistic. If they can increase the charging speed then that would offset it somewhat

Nice to see more 7 seater EVs coming, there's a lot of 3 child families being left in ICE cars due to lack of EV options

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Don't know what the scheduled charge does but it's very hit and miss- first time it worked perfect but had 3 partial charges since then.

• Advertisement

It amazes me that there are features on my Leaf that other cars still can't get right :o

The ID software tried to reinvent the wheel I think. It seems as though it's trying to finish charging just as you depart. They also make it location based rather than just "use scheduled charging"/"charge now"

Advertisement