Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

The higher spec ones have a false floor which makes the boot space more or less level. Removes the dip where the back seats drop, but I don't think the back seats fold fully flat

There's still the drop at the boot lid, pain in the hole when trying to lift something heavy out but I think it's partly down to the way the car is designed with the motor under the boot

Can you clarify which models have the false floor please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,112 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

forumdedum wrote: »
    Can you clarify which models have the false floor please?

I only know that the 1st Max has it, I took a quick look at the specs for the series models and couldn't see it mentioned on any of them

Maybe it'll be available as an option later

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2021/4/19/like-fire-fighting-china-carmakers-struggle-with-chip-shortage

Stephan Woellenstein, Volkswagen’s China chief, told reporters on Sunday it was hard to gauge how much production Volkswagen might lose week-to-week or even month-to-month because of the chip shortage.

“It’s really like fire-fighting … In some cases, we have switched to another chip so we changed suppliers,” he said, ahead of the Shanghai auto show opening on Monday.

First I've heard of a new chip being used, can't find anything else about this. Surely you can't have the same car model being built with different chip suppliers, so it only impacts new models?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cannco253 wrote: »
    https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2021/4/19/like-fire-fighting-china-carmakers-struggle-with-chip-shortage

Stephan Woellenstein, Volkswagen’s China chief, told reporters on Sunday it was hard to gauge how much production Volkswagen might lose week-to-week or even month-to-month because of the chip shortage.

“It’s really like fire-fighting … In some cases, we have switched to another chip so we changed suppliers,” he said, ahead of the Shanghai auto show opening on Monday.

First I've heard of a new chip being used, can't find anything else about this. Surely you can't have the same car model being built with different chip suppliers, so it only impacts new models?

Could be a change in China only?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

Hey there lads has anyone managed to get any kind of discount on the ID4 from one of the main dealers keep hearing that margins are tight but would be good to know if anyone here has managed to fanagle a discount some where.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Hi all
    Picked up our ID 4 1st today.
    The dealer was unable to activate we connect ID. When I scan the QR code an error appears. "Please make sure you have selected the right code and entered the correct Fin"
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks

Edit, got it working using my wife's phone. Then it worked on mine after the account was created on hers .

Now to fit the dash cam and ceramic coat the paintwork at some stage this week

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

crassusg wrote: »
    Hey there lads has anyone managed to get any kind of discount on the ID4 from one of the main dealers keep hearing that margins are tight but would be good to know if anyone here has managed to fanagle a discount some where.

Ring a different dealer.

Got about 6% off mine, but rang plenty of dealers to get the best deal.

It depends, companies like Nvidia who make chips for self driving systems don't manufacturer chips by themselves, they licence it out to other companies to build them.

VW could be referring to using a different factory to build the same devices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

I only know that the 1st Max has it, I took a quick look at the specs for the series models and couldn't see it mentioned on any of them

Maybe it'll be available as an option later

Thanks for this, don't know why they're so much trouble to include.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Quick one lads, I put a 1k deposit on an ID4 on Saturday, another dealer came back and offered me a better price, what do you think I should do. Is there a cooling off period for any contract. I don't really like breaking a contract but money is money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Just got informed mine is being transferred to the port! Getting excited :D

Hopefully it doesn't get stuck waiting on a boat for ages

As has mine... :D

niallo27 wrote: »
    Quick one lads, I put a 1k deposit on an ID4 on Saturday, another dealer came back and offered me a better price, what do you think I should do. Is there a cooling off period for any contract. I don't really like breaking a contract but money is money

Ring the one you put the deposit with and see what he says. He might not move on price but you could get him to throw in a few extras like boot mat, dash cam and mud flaps or something.

niallo27 wrote: »

Well if the price difference is more than the deposit then it's cheaper to lose the deposit with the first dealer

AS mentioned, probably best to speak to the dealer you currently have a deposit with, see if they can match the lower price or add some extras

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Hi all

Now to fit the dash cam and ceramic coat the paintwork at some stage this week

Are you fitting the cam and coating the paintwork yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Get to know your ID.4.... intimately. :D

https://www.vwidtalk.com/threads/id-4-documents-from-nhtsa.1705/

It's a bit 'murican, but well worth the downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

For those of you who have managed to get some reduction on the ID.4 price, do you mind me asking which models this was on? Some of the price jumps are a bit obscene so it feels like there is definitely extra margin built in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

gear_ie wrote: »
    Are you fitting the cam and coating the paintwork yourself?

Yes and yes

Bjorn latest video
    BMW iX3, VW ID4, Audi e-tron and MB EQC charging comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irOUW8ogs5Y

More mention of the potential VW charging increase. ID.4 holds up well against the iX3

ID.4 GTX

https://insideevs.com/news/503640/volkswagen-id4-gtx-awd-id4/

VW presentation tomorrow April 28

another (non)update from VW about charging rates....

"Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.
    First of all, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
    As we have mentioned in our previous reply the price for charging may differ from country to country based on its legally added VAT.
    In each country the regulations for charging stations vary, and thus may affect the price.
    Unfortunately, Ireland is not eligible for the discounted tariffs, that's why you are seeing the higher monthly fees.
    We do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you..."

I've sent off another email, the ID.4 Ireland product guide still mentions reduced tariffs but nobody knows exactly what they are.
    Has anybody else contacted VW about this?

not giving up yet...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Have you tried bringing up bringing up EU rules on discriminatory services yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Can't they charge what they want? I admire your persistence though.

I never got a response from VW Ireland, I'll try giving them a follow up

Can't they charge what they want? I admire your persistence though.

They can, it's more that there are discounts available to customers in other European countries that aren't available on Ireland, and so far no explanation as to why

If VW Ireland came out and said they weren't giving it to us because the market is too small then that'd be something but instead we're being stonewalled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't promoting the cars with reduced Ionity charging on their websites. I was certainly promised reduced Ionity rates if I ordered the ID.3 last October.

It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't promoting the cars with reduced Ionity charging on their websites. I was certainly promised reduced Ionity rates if I ordered the ID.3 last October.

I've mentioned this to the dealer, VW Ireland and We Charge in Germany and they are all singing a different tune. VW Ireland are taking no ownership of it at all, never mind the dealers who are still showing the discounted rates.

I mentioned the rates available in Germany should also be available here, but didn't get stuck into that yet. Keeping it in the pocket for now.

I've mentioned this to the dealer, VW Ireland and We Charge in Germany and they are all singing a different tune. VW Ireland are taking no ownership of it at all, never mind the dealers who are still showing the discounted rates.

I mentioned the rates available in Germany should also be available here, but didn't get stuck into that yet. Keeping it in the pocket for now.

Might be worth contacting the CCPC and reporting it as false advertising at this stage. If you're getting no good from VW at least others won't be caught if they make them change the website etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Long time creeper. First time poster. My dealer has w cancelled first edition that I can collect tomorrow. Are these worth the money or am I better off the wait for the series editions ??

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Clear consensus on this group seems to be that the 1st edition is significantly better value than series editions.

Worth double-checking whether there is even rudimentary 'lane keeping' on the ID.4 series editions. I am coming to the understanding (which may not be correct) that the 'basic' features on the ID.3 were not copied across to the Id.4 1st, so that the ID.4 1st has no lane keeping function whatsoever, just a warning and slight correction system when you cross the lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭pad199207

Thinking of changing our Tiguan R Line to ID4. Which edition would bring me close to the r line spec? Don’t really want to lose much of the features of my current Tiguan.

Advertisement