Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things the PC brigade don't want to hear or admit

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

The world's ****ed.

Everybody hates everyone, everyone is jealous of everybody else, everyone thinks that anybody who has anything nice is a drug dealer or a gangster or a dole cheat and it's possible they are because crime pays in this country.

if you're a person who works hard and obeys the law you just get screwed. You're better off being a gangster or a drug dealer and just pay off the local sergeant.

Or even try to make new friends, 20 years ago you would stop in the street and have a conversation with a complete stranger! if you even look at somebody now and they don't know you to get offended it's f****** ridiculous.

I get taxed over €500 a month and what do I get out of that nothing, maybe a free filling and a cheap pair of glasses but that's it!

You go to educate yourself to gain lots of qualifications only to end up in a job that is paying less than a job that requires no qualifications

Our emergency and defence forces are about to fall apart,our government doesn't give a f*** but most of all the Irish people don't give a f*** because we just sit back and take it and moan on FB and Boards all the while we post pictures of us drinking grey goose vodka and wearing designer gear every weekend but then complain that the road tax is too high and we can't afford to pay our bills!

but of course all the above is just here so we'll just brush it under the carpet and keep on going like we always have done.

I hope I haven't offended anybody...............is it snowing yet?

Couldn’t agree more. I wish people would direct their anger into the government selling us out to corporations and vulture funds. The actual ravaging of our country and devastation being imposed by them.
    Yet somehow immigrants and travellers are a bigger threat? They’re really not.
    its coming from top down. From and for the wealthy. Not from beneath where were all poor and just looking to live and get by regardless of the color of our skin or what magic sky fairy we believe in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Mass immigration to undermine wages and social conditions is part of globalisation and corporate power!

"Free movement of labour and capital" are the fundamental principles of neo-liberalism.

The far left are just the useful idiots who provide ideological cover.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Mass immigration to undermine wages and social conditions is part of globalisation and corporate power!

"Free movement of labour and capital" are the fundamental principles of neo-liberalism.

The far left are just the useful idiots who provide ideological cover.

Well there’s not really an agenda.
    Birth rates in western countries are falling. They’re rising exponentially in Africa. By 2050 4 out of 10 people on the planet will be African. That’s not some mad engineered scheme. That’s just biology writ large.

OMM 0000 wrote: »

large minorities of muslims ".

Could you please explain this?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Petrol Head_Pilot

And don't get me started on refugees or homeless

Sure we don't have any homeless? We don't have family's living in hotels that have paid tax all their lives. .

Granted a lot of refugees will bring experience and knowledge to the country but a lot of them won't and they're the ones that we have to pay for. Drug dealers terrorists and taxi drivers currently being held in detention camps 7 years after their asylum was denied, but we can throw money them out because that's racist

You with that motorbike helmet on take it off you're in a bank, oh yeah you would the Burka on it's ok you can keep your face covered in the bank?

Sure non of that happens I don't know what people keep going on.

One of the biggest drug gangs in the country is polish and living in cork, but we can't say their polish because that's racist so they probably just Irish guys that speak polish??

And what about our own home-grown gangsters, well that's ok their paying enough money to the guards so it's alright like?

Sure we live in a great country where the rent is cheap, houses are cheap and the wages are plenty........

• Advertisement

And don't get me started on refugees or homeless

Sure we don't have any homeless? We don't have family's living in hotels that have paid tax all their lives. .

Granted a lot of refugees will bring experience and knowledge to the country but a lot of them won't and they're the ones that we have to pay for. Drug dealers terrorists and taxi drivers currently being held in detention camps 7 years after their asylum was denied, but we can throw money them out because that's racist

You with that motorbike helmet on take it off you're in a bank, oh yeah you would the Burka on it's ok you can keep your face covered in the bank?

Sure non of that happens I don't know what people keep going on.

One of the biggest drug gangs in the country is polish and living in cork, but we can't say their polish because that's racist so they probably just Irish guys that speak polish??

And what about our own home-grown gangsters, well that's ok their paying enough money to the guards so it's alright like?

Sure we live in a great country where the rent is cheap, houses are cheap and the wages are plenty........

I’m here for when the footage emerges of a gang of feisty Muslim women in burkas do a bank hold up :) someone make this film!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Tell that to the families of the CHILDREN murdered at an Ariana Grande gig who most likely have never oppressed anyone in their lives. Hope you extend the same sympathy for the IRA.

Twitter had / has an advanced search function where you can search for posts by particular people on a certain date. A while ago, I picked about 20 very vocal people that I know who could be classified as "the PC brigade" (awful expression BTW). I searched for tweets from them for the period 22-24 May 2017. Only 3 of them passed any comment on the above atrocity. The others ignored it or just didn't tweet at all.

Over a million brits have applied for and received Irish passports within the last 18 months. They’re not all gonna move here post brexit but a huge amount seem about to. Are they gonna be the new target flavor of the month do you think?
    Bloody brits. Coming over here taking our jobs.

Are they Irish cos their parents or grandparents were? Are they allowed say they’re Irish?
    I can guess the answer to that. Muslim and black kids born here aren’t regarded as Irish by many here so the brits are in for a worse time I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

They don't want admit Sweden's recent immigration policy is a disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AShK42vPUcA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Well there’s not really an agenda.
    Birth rates in western countries are falling. They’re rising exponentially in Africa. By 2050 4 out of 10 people on the planet will be African. That’s not some mad engineered scheme. That’s just biology writ large.

If neo-liberalism and their leftist poodles were concerned about the falling birth rate in the west, why do they support abortion on demand?

Neo-liberalism wants to destroy the foundations of western civilization to facilitate a race to the bottom economically. Many on the far left share that anti western ideology albeit for different reasons.

One worships the mythical "free market". The other believes that social collapse will be followed by some communist nirvana.

They might read some history to see how that worked out.

If neo-liberalism and their leftist poodles were concerned about the falling birth rate in the west, why do they support abortion on demand?

Neo-liberalism wants to destroy the foundations of western civilization to facilitate a race to the bottom economically. Many on the far left share that anti western ideology albeit for different reasons.

One worships the mythical "free market". The other believes that social collapse will be followed by some communist nirvana.

I checked out at poodles tbh. I’d Keep the spambot terminology for twitter. Doesn’t work in discussion except to undermine your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,056 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

you ll find neoliberial/neoclassical lead policies are rather conservative in nature, but left leaning political elements have indeed been involved in this approach along side more conservative leaning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,753 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Would anyone give their dog or horse to a traveller if they had to leave the country?

If no, why ever not?

My brother and family were moving and sold there 2 dogs to someone. Turned out to be travellers. 1 dog was found wandering around and took in. Police rang my brothers due to chip in dog. Was able to prove they had sold the dogs due to moving away. Could not find 2nd dog. Luckily the other was able to be saved and is doing great but the pic I saw would be NSFW when she was found.

My own experience with travellers was 4 years of hell where 6 families pulled up on the road outside our estate the walkway we used as a quick way to the road had to be fenced in. Our bin area had to be doored in with a lock. They still broke in and used it to clean themselves and defecate. Lotd of car racing on the road and in our estate.

Wild dogs let lose and anytime you be walking around or try to talk to them all you get is indimitation.

Tapped in to the ESB line for power (at least that was sorted quick) as it was a private road a lot of rangling between council and liquidators who owned the lands with the roads.

Finally are now gone with the sides of roads packed with stone and earth so nothing can park.

I have heard stories and seen where they will go to land owned by receivers and liquidators and demand money to leave so the can sell or build on it

So all those defending we should integrate and understand them. Read this and tell me what we should have done

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Better yet racist attacks by travellers are brushed under the carpet.

It's actually darkly comic to see this happen.

First a racist attack is reported and gets media traction, the outrage machine begins firing up, Fintan O'Toole sharpens his pencil in preparation for a scorching j'accuse against the racism inherent in our society, then it emerges that the assailants were travellers and the next day the story is dropped, never to be heard of again.

This happened this week with the those poor Muslim teenagers assaulted in Dundrum, it happened previously near that part of Dublin when recently arrived Syrian refugees were attacked.

Were the attackers in the case of the Muslim teenagers travellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

[QUOTE=Stop moaning ffs;111066921n brits have applied for and received Irish passports within the last 18 months.]Over a millio They’re not all gonna move here post brexit but a huge amount seem about to. Are they gonna be the new target flavor of the month do you think?
    Bloody brits. Coming over here taking our jobs.

Are they Irish cos their parents or grandparents were? Are they allowed say they’re Irish?
    I can guess the answer to that. Muslim and black kids born here aren’t regarded as Irish by many here so the brits are in for a worse time I’d say[/QUOTE]

Mind your language please about me and my countryfolk.

Many of the passport seekers are expats already living here as I am, concerned about being an expat here after Brexit and taking that precaution. They have no intention of moving here.

BOLDED 2; what are you talking about? No one among them is claiming to be born irish and there is no requirement etc.
    And we can still get all that is connected with the Common Trade Area that preceded Brexit.

Oh and no way can I be bothered or see the need to change nationality even if I had a spare E1000. Even though I have close Irish ancestry. I have never had not being Irish used against me in all th e years I have been here. I spend all my UK pension here so give to the economy

Graces7 wrote: »
    [/B]

Many of the passport seekers are expats already living here as I am, concerned about being an expat here after Brexit and taking that precaution. They have no intention of moving here.

BOLDED 2; what are you talking about? No one among them is claiming to be born irish and there is no requirement etc.
    And we can still get all that is connected with the Common Trade Area that preceded Brexit.

Oh and no way can I be bothered or see the need to change nationality even if I had a spare E1000. Even though I have close Irish ancestry. I have never had not being Irish used against me in all th e years I have been here. I spend all my UK pension here so give to the economy

Learn to quote properly will ye please? Headache reading that.
    They’re not expats. They’re immigrants. Let’s make that clear. If you move to another country you’re an immigrant. This English nonsense of trying to sterilize their presence by calling themselves ‘ex pats’ has long been destroyed.
    You make my point though. You’re Brit immigrant living in mayo no?
    I don’t have a problem with anyone coming here. My point was many here on boards do have a problem with people of any stripe coming here. Read back in this thread or the Gemma whackball thread if you doubt it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Graces7 wrote: »
    [/B]

Making a mockery out of our citizenship system. Only applying for passports to allow themselves free movement in the EU.
    They don't give a flying F about Ireland or being Irish.
    It's shameful

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Making a mockery out of our citizenship system. Only applying for passports to allow themselves free movement in the EU.
    They don't give a flying F about Ireland or being Irish.
    It's shameful

See that thing I was talking about earlier? ^^^ there it is. Expect much more of it from the same tired ranting anonymous accounts.

See that thing I was talking about earlier? ^^^ there it is. Expect much more of it from the same tired ranting anonymous accounts.

No didn't see it.

• Advertisement

No didn't see it.

I didn’t mean you by the way. Just that thinking will become more prevalent when the influx from Britain happens.

I didn’t mean you by the way. Just that thinking will become more prevalent when the influx from Britain happens.

Definitely. People are hardly naive enough to think that all of these Brits suddenly got a burst of Irish patriotism and longing for the homeland rather than using the passport as a travel ticket for Europe.

It's shameful

Definitely. People are hardly naive enough to think that all of these Brits suddenly got a burst of Irish patriotism and longing for the homeland rather than using the passport as a travel ticket for Europe.

It's shameful

Tell that to those in this thread upset they can’t use the language they want to cos they’ll be called out as racist or homophobic or bigoted. ( but when they get called racists or bigots or homophobes they get upset. Somehow. )

Point of all this seems to be breed hate. Regardless of color or religion.

I wonder why and where that’s coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Awaiting your stats for that. I’ll be reporting if you can’t back it up.

:pac:

:pac:

Thought provoking eye roll implied

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Trump supporters are genuinely stupid, racist and backward when it comes to science. It's not politically correct to say that though.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Trump supporters are genuinely stupid, racist and backward when it comes to science. It's not politically correct to say that though.

Democrat supporters are genuinely stupid, racist and backward when it comes to science. It's not politically correct to say that though.

Do you see how stupid this is?

"But there's no evidence they reject science!"

They think transgender women (i.e. still have a dick and balls) are equivalent to biological females.

"But there's no evidence they're racist!"

They want to make it easier for black people to go to college, because they don't believe they're smart enough to get in on their own. They think when Trump says Baltimore is a dump full of rats, they think black people are the rats.

"But there's no evidence they're backwards!"

They're so backwards they don't even understand the concept of a national border.

So, do I think Trump supporters are stupid, racist and backward? No. Do I think Democrat supporters are stupid, racist and backward? No. But before you go throwing stones you better be sure you're not in a glass house.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

To all the traveller hating folk:

No one denies that there are many social problems amongst the travelling community.
    There is a problem with integration with the wider society as a whole. And yes, criminality is a problem that appears to be more widespread in the traveller community.

This seems to cause a lot of angst from people here. What is your solution?
    Grenoside?
    I'd really like to hear how you might solve the problem (or perhaps I don't).

Personally, I don't know but I do know that continuing to prejudge every single traveller as worthless scum sure doesn't seem to be helping.
    Why would a traveller want to integrate into a society that socially accepts outright hatred for people they have never met?
    I have no doubt that if I was born a traveller that I'd have learned from a very early age that I was scum and not welcome in the wider community.
    What incentive would there be for me to become an upstanding member of a society that hates me without knowing anything about me?

I don't see things improving.

A society that funds their lifestyle from the cradle to the grave.

A society that funds their lifestyle from the cradle to the grave.

This is a huge part of the problem.

Our social welfare system is too generous.

It needs to have a time limit, e.g. you can claim it for 10 years in total and then that's it.*

We also need to be really harsh on people who commit social welfare fraud. I'm talking 10+ years in prison.

We should not be tolerating people who are cheating our country.

*Excludes people who are genuinely unable to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

OMM 0000 wrote: »

This is a huge part of the problem....

Childrens alliwance paid as tax credits, up to a maximum of two children

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement