Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Tony EH wrote: »
    :confused: ->
    YUP... "that influence helped Clinton to lose in 2016"

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »
    I'd say no. Do you think Biden could find his way down a ramp?

https://twitter.com/acnewsitics/status/1273045917680033792?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

YUP... "that influence helped Clinton to lose in 2016"

Ok, but I don't think that "helped" or was responsible for her loss as much as her own shortcomings, perceived or otherwise.

smartz wrote: »
    1st Feb, Biden: "We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science"

12th March, Biden: "lay out the immediate steps we have to take to deliver one decisive public health response to curb the spread of the disease and to provide treatment to those who need it, and a decisive economic response that delivers real relief to American workers, families, and small businesses"

Selective quotes. How about quoting the things that led up to those quotes?

In the middle of March Biden was still opposing Trump’s travel bans from Europe, and even China, as racist. So if Biden were president it would have been much worse since Biden would have refused to keep people out from the very places the coronavirus was raging in?

[N]ow [Trump’s] adding more countries to his list of who’s not welcome in America. It’s not who we are — and we’ll prove that when we beat Trump this November and end the ban.

. . . .

Yesterday, Donald Trump further diminished the United States in the eyes of the world by expanding his travel ban, placing new restrictions on the residents of six more nations that limit who is allowed to come to the United States.

. . . .

Trump’s atrocious asylum and refugee policies — they are all designed to make it harder for black and brown people to immigrate to the United States. It’s that simple. They are racist. They are xenophobic.

And there is no evidence that they do anything to make us safer.

Immigrants from each of these countries and their broader diaspora communities here in the United States enrich the larger fabric of American life as our friends and neighbors and make vital contributions to our economy.

. . . .

We have, right now, a crisis with the coronavirus. This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia – hysterical xenophobia – and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science.

. . . .

Donald Trump’s inhumane, fear-based immigration policies are a stain on our nation. We have to get him out of the White House and ensure our laws reflect our values as a nation of immigrants.

. . . .

A wall won’t stop a virus. Racism won’t stop a virus. Do your job.

. . . . .

A wall will not stop the coronavirus. Banning all travel from Europe — or any other part of the world — will not stop it. This disease could impact every nation and any person on the planet — and we need a plan to combat it.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Ok, but I don't think that "helped" or was responsible for her loss as much as her own shortcomings, perceived or otherwise.
    That's fine that you don't think so, and I can respect that, but please don't misrepresent what I post.

• Advertisement

they will deny ever posting the first post you quoted or say you have misinterpreted it. just you wait and see.
    Wrong, once again, I see.

God help us all if that fool gets re-elected. The rally was a bit like watching a second rate comedian on a failed TV program.
    How could they have elected such a person to be president?
    Biden at least seems like a reasonable man. He has experience in government and he is not corrupt. They are two good things in his favour.
    Biden is plenty corrupt. He threatened to withhold a billion dollars from Ukraine unless they fired the prosecutor who was looking into the company his son sat on the board for. And then Biden even bragged about his quid pro quo success on TV.

That's fine that you don't think so, and I can respect that, but please don't misrepresent what I post.

I wasn't trying to.

However, the sentence "Did I say it was responsible for Clinton's loss or did I say it helped in her loss?" is open to the interpretation of not saying either.

However, if Sander's ideas about an increase in the minimum wage "helped" Clinton to lose to Trump in 2016, I'd say that that "help" was absolutely miniscule in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,259 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

they will deny ever posting the first post you quoted or say you have misinterpreted it. just you wait and see.
    Wrong, once again, I see.
    I wasn't trying to.

However, the sentence "Did I say it was responsible for Clinton's loss or did I say it helped in her loss?" is open to the interpretation of not saying either.

However, if Sander's ideas about an increase in the minimum wage "helped" Clinton to lose to Trump in 2016, I'd say that that "help" was absolutely miniscule in the grand scheme of things.

I knew i was right

I wasn't trying to.

With losing Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin by a mere 79,646 combined votes it was pretty substantial in the grand scheme of things for those three stated states, IMO. I’m located in rural Pennsylvania. There was much talk here about how the $15 minimum federal wage would destroy small businesses at the time. I LIVED IT!

• Advertisement

I knew i was right
    But you're still wrong. "Helped" is a pretty straightforward word, with little interpretation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well at least Biden knows how to handle a ramp, unlike poor Donny

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1274748265376907265

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sure, Trump is in charge. And the complaint from ya'll is he didn't act early enough. So I'm asking you... Biden would have us to believe he would be a better president in a crisis... what did he recommend about the coronavirus back in Feb and March?

It's okay, I know it's embarrassing for Biden and best not discussed. History starts today!!!
    Again, what did BIDEN recommend should be done back in Feb and Mar? This is the man who would be king, ya know.

What, are you this lazy about bringing any receipts to make up your own smokescreen for Trump’s miserable weekend? Bluster more to cover for bluster exposed in spectacular fashion, live before the world :pac: red hats off to those die hard 6,200 infectious supporters in the Midwest :D

Surely if you found some action if Bidens to be outrageous you would be singing it from the rooftop, not gaslighting with loaded questions and inyourendo. Instead you’re huffing that he is kicking back with popcorn and going up in the polls while Trump makes a walking farce of himself. However, this is the perfect move for Biden to make, Trump is his own worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

You saw that at the rally? It was great and had everyone roaring. Everyone should watch it... TWICE! Pure comedic gold... and so true about the biased mainstream media.
    Of course it did

FittingCloseBoto-small.gif

So, Attorney General William Barr has now pretty much said the effort to push trump from office is the closest thing to coup since the Lincoln assassination. And Biden was involved, as he was in the January 5, 2017 strategy meeting which discussed the spying on Flynn with was one component in the operation to take down Trump. The meeting that sent Obama officials scurrying to cover their asses.

Barr also took the mainstream media to task over their lack of concern for civil liberties, and their push for false narratives, over Russiagate.
    It’s been stunning that what we’ve gotten from the mainstream media is sort bovine silence in the face of the complete collapse of the so called Russiagate scandal, which they did all they could to sensationalize and drive. And it’s like not even a ‘whoops’ and they are on the next false scandal. So that has been surprising to me that people are not concerned about civil liberties and our governmental process.

Hopefully with many states now going into "green” we can finally start to have grand jury indictments for some of Obama’s crooked cronies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Joe Biden continues to be the candidate with no campaign. Keeping him out of the public eye, as much as possible, so he can’t make an even bigger fool out of himself seems to currently be a winning strategy for democrats. How sad is that?

'Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.' - Napoleon Bonapart

All Biden has to do is sit back and watch Trump continue to shoot himself in the foot! :D

brooke 2 wrote: »
    'Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.' - Napoleon Bonapart

All Biden has to do is sit back and watch Trump continue to shoot himself in the foot! :D
    Yeah, that's what America needs... a corrupt and mentally compromised do-nothing president. God help us if Biden is elected POTUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

Yeah, that's what America needs... a corrupt and mentally compromised do-nothing president. God help us if Biden is elected POTUS.

They already have one so you must mean they don't need another one but in this case theres no alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I get the vibe a lot of Americans rather approve of the concept of a do nothing President, at least in general.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Yeah, that's what America needs... a corrupt and mentally compromised do-nothing president.

That's what it has already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

This video reveals how Biden responded to perceived crisis going all the way back to the 70s. On crime, drugs, immigration, and foreign policy, his record is a cautionary tale of bipartisanship in response to perceived crises.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

So, Attorney General William Barr has now pretty much said the effort to push trump from office is the closest thing to coup since the Lincoln assassination. And Biden was involved, as he was in the January 5, 2017 strategy meeting which discussed the spying on Flynn with was one component in the operation to take down Trump. The meeting that sent Obama officials scurrying to cover their asses.

Barr also took the mainstream media to task over their lack of concern for civil liberties, and their push for false narratives, over Russiagate.

Hopefully with many states now going into "green” we can finally start to have grand jury indictments for some of Obama’s crooked cronies.

The only people in the whole world who see truth in anything Barr says are Trump supporters. It’s like you are all suffering with some kind of mass delusion. You keep spouting nonsense about all these wild conspiracy theories, doing mental gymnastics to try fit all these crazy accusations into some sort of coherent argument.

In the end it’s like watching 3 year olds trying to work out quantum physics.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Well, that's surprising. Joe Biden's handlers have announced they plan to go ahead with the 3 presidential debates agreed to before the pandemic. Here I thought they would weasel out of the debates, putting blame on the coronavirus (so the public didn’t see how terrible the candidate has become) if they're not guaranteed debate moderators committed to destroying Trump and giving Biden softball questions. I'm guessing now they feel either Joe can't hide out cowering in his basement bunker forever while the country marches on, or they're ultra confident the biased mainstream media will declare Biden winner of every debate no matter how bad a shellacking he gets. I'm putting my money on the latter... and stocking up on popcorn.

Well, that's surprising. Joe Biden's handlers have announced they plan to go ahead with the 3 presidential debates agreed to before the pandemic. Here I thought they would weasel out of the debates, putting blame on the coronavirus (so the public didn’t see how terrible the candidate has become) if they're not guaranteed debate moderators committed to destroying Trump and giving Biden softball questions. I'm guessing now they feel either Joe can't hide out cowering in his basement bunker forever while the country marches on, or they're ultra confident the biased mainstream media will declare Biden winner of every debate no matter how bad a shellacking he gets. I'm putting my money on the latter... and stocking up on popcorn.

I am sure we can depend on you to tell us who really won.

I am sure we can depend on you to tell us who really won.
    Or you can decide for yourself and not wait for the likes of MSNBC and CNN to tell you what to say.

Or you can decide for yourself and not wait for the likes of MSNBC and CNN to tell you what to say.

i dont watch either of those. why would I?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

I’m really starting to get into some of the Trump Administration fan fiction.

KiKi III wrote: »
    I’m really starting to get into some of the Trump Administration fan fiction.
    Interesting... So now US law and maybe the worst crime perpetrated upon a US president has been reduced to Trump administration fan fiction? It boggles the mind the how lackadaisical respect for law and order has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Interesting... So now US law and maybe the worst crime perpetrated upon a US president has been reduced to Trump administration fan fiction? It boggles the mind the how lackadaisical respect for law and order has become.

What happens in the next chapter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

What crime would that be, when, and who was the President?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement