Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

KiKi III wrote: »
    In your opinion, why did Trump not express condolences to the family and friends of the
    120,000 people who have died so far of the coronavirus during his two hour spiel?

And, on the day after Juneteenth and in a city with a fraught history of racial violence, why didn’t he mention the death of George Floyd?
    I don't see why he would have had to.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »
    I hear AOC has been nominated for the Nobel Prize In Stupidity. She'll be a shoe-in to win. Yeah, she would make a fine addition to the Biden advisory board, as she may be a step up from Creepy Joe.

And no, I got the information regarding Biden's coronavirus advisor from realclearpolitics.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2020/03/13/bidens_coronavirus_adviser_thinks_people_should_die_at_75_504446.html

Shouldn't talk about that, didn't your fake tan hero chew the carpets for days when he found out he hadn't won.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

why is it that every criticism you level at Biden could be more appropriately leveled at Trump? what qualifications does trump have over biden, exactly? a man who has worked in government for decades. served 2 terms as vice president. What qualifications does a corrupt grifter and habitual liar like trump with a history of bankruptcies have over Biden?

He has an R behind his name. That’s all some people need.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

pjohnson wrote: »
    Where the hell do you dig up these sites :pac:
    It has been around since 2000 and is one of the top internet sites to get news presented from both the left and right. It also has some of the best polling data information. Bigger question is why the heck you don't know about it if you're interested in US politics?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I hear AOC has been nominated for the Nobel Prize In Stupidity. She'll be a shoe-in to win. Yeah, she would make a fine addition to the Biden advisory board, as she may be a step up from Creepy Joe.

And no, I got the information regarding Biden's coronavirus advisor from realclearpolitics.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2020/03/13/bidens_coronavirus_adviser_thinks_people_should_die_at_75_504446.html

You're, umm, overexaggerating both what Ezekiel Emmanuels role is, and what he said in the article being (mis)quoted by RealUnClear politics: https://www.thedailybeast.com/realclear-media-has-a-secret-facebook-page-filled-with-far-right-memes

It would've been useful to read Emmanuels original thought-provoking essay in The Atlantic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/10/why-i-hope-to-die-at-75/379329/

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    You're, umm, overexaggerating both what Ezekiel Emmanuels role is, and what he said in the article being (mis)quoted by RealUnClear politics: https://www.thedailybeast.com/realclear-media-has-a-secret-facebook-page-filled-with-far-right-memes

It would've been useful to read Emmanuels original thought-provoking essay in The Atlantic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/10/why-i-hope-to-die-at-75/379329/
    I did. If he wants to die at 75 then so be it, but don't preach to us that it is something we all should also be aspiring to. I bet the hypocrite will still be accepting medical treatment after 75. This guy should not be considered for any position of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Interesting... So now US law and maybe the worst crime perpetrated upon a US president has been reduced to Trump administration fan fiction? It boggles the mind the how lackadaisical respect for law and order has become.

JFK and Reagan got shot, you're one for hyperbole.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I did. If he wants to die at 75 then so be it, but don't preach to us that it is something we all should also be aspiring to. I bet the hypocrite will still be accepting medical treatment after 75. This guy should not be considered for any position of power.

He didn't though. He shared his own, thought-provoking views. Seems reasonable enough.

But, you agree he's not the "Covid-19 Czar" or whatever it was you called him. Someone on a consultative board for Biden who is VERY familiar with US healthcare and its issues (based on the 10 books he's published and innumerable articles). Versus, say, Jared Kushner?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Don’t forget Lincoln’s assassination

Attorney General William Barr said that the Trump-Russia investigation "was the closest the United States ever came to a coup to take down a president since the assassination of Lincoln."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Attorney General William Barr said that the Trump-Russia investigation "was the closest the United States ever came to a coup to take down a president since the assassination of Lincoln."

So you’re just a mouthpiece for Trumps mob lawyer?

Igotadose wrote: »
    He didn't though. He shared his own, thought-provoking views. Seems reasonable enough.

But, you agree he's not the "Covid-19 Czar" or whatever it was you called him. Someone on a consultative board for Biden who is VERY familiar with US healthcare and its issues (based on the 10 books he's published and innumerable articles). Versus, say, Jared Kushner?
    Both Emmanuel and Kushner should have nothing to do with either campaigns as there both greater liabilities than assets.

Yeah

Barr would never lie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,818 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Overheal wrote: »

*cough Garfield* *cough McKinley*

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,352 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you're just trolling now. you've given up on any kind of discussion.

As I said earlier, death by mod because he can see which way the wind is blowing. The fake tanned dimwit will be voted out in November so the sinking ship is being abandoned.

You can read for yourself about the 93 year old Holocaust survivor who wanted to nominate AOC for the Nobel Prize For Stupidity. There is always context behind my posts.
    https://nypost.com/2019/06/29/nobel-prize-in-stupidity-holocaust-survivor-wants-aoc-out-of-congress/

As I said earlier, death by mod because he can see which way the wind is blowing. The fake tanned dimwit will be voted out in November so the sinking ship is being abandoned.
    Not even close. The economic shift is happening and the tide will soon turn in Trumps favor, IMO. I guess it's time for the democrats media handmaidens to go into overdrive.

Apparently Representative Jerry Nadler (D) Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee is preparing to subpoena Attorney General Bill Barr over the firing of NY prosecutor Geoffrey Berman. Perhaps Nadler should read this article because it will just blow up in the democrats faces, again. Unfortunately hatred and TDS blinds these democrats and seems to cause them the inability to think clearly.

Apparently Berman ignored, on numerous occasions, information provided him regarding investigations within Ukraine that had produced evidence of two alleged crimes... that Joe Biden had “exercised influence to protect Burisma Holdings” after his son Hunter and his son’s business partner Devon Archer had joined the Ukrainian gas company’s board of directors and “substantial sums of money were paid to them, and wrongdoing in the Paul Manafort corruption case.

https://justthenews.com/accountability/russia-and-ukraine-scandals/fired-prosecutor-was-given-biden-ukraine-allegations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

You can read for yourself about the 93 year old Holocaust survivor who wanted to nominate AOC for the Nobel Prize For Stupidity. There is always context behind my posts.
    https://nypost.com/2019/06/29/nobel-prize-in-stupidity-holocaust-survivor-wants-aoc-out-of-congress/

Why are you linking posts from last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Overheal wrote: »

And McKinley and Garfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paul_Hacket

Apparently Berman ignored, on numerous occasions, information provided him regarding investigations within Ukraine that had produced evidence of two alleged crimes... that Joe Biden had “exercised influence to protect Burisma Holdings” after his son Hunter and his son’s business partner Devon Archer had joined the Ukrainian gas company’s board of directors and “substantial sums of money were paid to them, and wrongdoing in the Paul Manafort corruption case.

https://justthenews.com/accountability/russia-and-ukraine-scandals/fired-prosecutor-was-given-biden-ukraine-allegations

Oh, a link to a story on "justthenews.com". Very convincing, that site is owned by a known conspiracy theorist - John Solomon. Do you ever get tired of living in fantasyland?

Oh, a link to a story on "justthenews.com". Very convincing, that site is owned by a known conspiracy theorist - John Solomon. Do you ever get tired of living in fantasyland?
    Do you believe it to be untrue? And if it all is true and it comes out in the hearings will you pretend all your comments on it never happened, as usual?

Do you believe it to be untrue? And if it all is true and it comes out in the hearings will you pretend all your comments on it never happened, as usual?

First of all, do I believe WHAT to be untrue. A quick read of the article doesn't even contain any allegation that is actionable. Claims that Berman didn't prosecute Biden? So what? Nobody in Donald Trump's entire justice department has prosecuted Joe or Hunter Biden because there is no case. Do you you not think they would if there was? Pull your head out of your ass.

First of all, do I believe WHAT to be untrue. A quick read of the article doesn't even contain any allegation that is actionable. Claims that Berman didn't prosecute Biden? So what? Nobody in Donald Trump's entire justice department has prosecuted Joe or Hunter Biden because there is no case. Do you you not think they would if there was? Pull your head out of your ass.
    No, merely solid grounds for Berman's firing. All the rest will come out in the hearing unless Nadler shuts Barr down as soon as anything that might make democrats look bad comes up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The assassination of Lincoln wasn’t part of a coup. That’s a stupid thing for Barr to say.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    The assassination of Lincoln wasn’t part of a coup. That’s a stupid thing for Barr to say.
    Actually, is was, and initiated by the Knights of the Golden Circle.

No, merely solid grounds for Berman's firing. All the rest will come out in the hearing unless Nadler shuts Barr down as soon as anything that might make democrats look bad comes up.

Again, no other agency, investigator or prosecutor has taken up an investigation of either Biden. Because all of the claims about him were just speculative fantasies. Prosecutors serve at the pleasure of the president, the only reason you can't fire them is to pursue your political purposes, which is exactly what Trump/Barr did and which is why they are now being investigated.

Don't worry too much about it - they'll be trounced in November and sent packing into infamy in January so all of this silly speculation on your part is kind of pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,818 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Brian? wrote: »

Arguably it was part of a coup in its original meaning of a blow against the State. It was part of a plot to kill the president, vice president, secretary of state and commanding general of the army.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup_d%27%C3%A9tat#:~:text=The%20phrase%20coup%20d'%C3%A9tat,sovereign%20political%20entity%2C%20is%20capitalized.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Actually, is was, and initiated by the Knights of the Golden Circle.

Haha that's a total myth. Nobody believes that. Do you ever get tired of posting easily debunked nonsense?

• Advertisement

Haha that's a total myth. Nobody believes that. Do you ever get tired of posting easily debunked nonsense?
    I remember watching a documentary produced by The History Channel in which they connected the Lincoln Assassination, and the attempts on the lives against others of the administration that same evening, to The Knights Of the Golden Circle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement