Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

To achieve what? The glaring fact you’re missing here is that, the TikTok crews were never gonna go to a rally anyway, so even if they didn’t register for this event, the only people who were ever gonna actually go, went.

Either way, it was always gonna be a **** attendance. And that’s because of Trump, and no one else.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

notobtuse wrote: »
    So, it would now be fair game to sabotage Biden's rallies and events going forward?

Sabotaging the event would have meant stopping it from going ahead. Literally anyone who wanted to attend could have done so. They (tik tockers or whatever they are called) certainly humiliated him, but they didn't interfere with his right to hold one of his embarrassing rallies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

To achieve what? The glaring fact you’re missing here is that, the TikTok crews were never gonna go to a rally anyway, so even if they didn’t register for this event, the only people who were ever gonna actually go, went.

Either way, it was always gonna be a **** attendance. And that’s because of Trump, and no one else.
    Fact is thousands of useless kids reserved tickets to Trump's rally and then purposefully didn't show up to the event. But Trump is still a winner in this because his data operation now has the largest contact list of any other politician.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Fact is thousands of useless kids reserved tickets to Trump's rally and then purposefully didn't show up to the event. But Trump is still a winner in this because his data operation now has the largest contact list of any other politician.

The contact list is useless. Besides being full of teens and k pop fans that list all but certainly violates COPPA. They’ll probably have to discard the whole database.

baaba maal wrote: »
    Sabotaging the event would have meant stopping it from going ahead. Literally anyone who wanted to attend could have done so. They (tik tockers or whatever they are called) certainly humiliated him, but they didn't interfere with his right to hold one of his embarrassing rallies.
    No, that is not what sabotaging means. People could sabotage a Biden event by simply asking him questions he isn't prepared for just to see him flounder and sound incoherent... you know the type... Dog faced pony soldiers.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

yeah that contact list of KPop stans will be really useful to him

So, it would now be fair game to sabotage Biden's rallies and events going forward?

if trump fans want to go ahead and register for a biden event and not turn up i wouldn't have an issue with it. it is all fair game. it would make no difference to the number that turned up. the same way that people registering for trumps event and not turning up made no difference to the number who did turn up. anybody that wanted to go could have gone.

yeah that contact list of KPop stans will be really useful to him
    Not all 1,000,000 people who registered for tickets were KPop kids. And it will be a touch of irony when those KPop kids start getting inundated with email blasts from dozens of political sources. I wonder when that happens if they will think it was worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not all 1,000,000 people who registered for tickets were KPop kids. And it will be a touch of irony when those KPop kids start getting inundated with email blasts from dozens of political sources. I wonder when that happens if they will think it was worth it?

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule

yeah a couple of emails is really going to bother them. :D assuming they even used a genuine address.

Of course the big problem with that data collection is that they didnt ask if the people registering were over 13 so they will have to scrub the whole database. you cant store information on children without their parents permission

and they are KPop stans not kids. get with the lingo daddio.

• Advertisement

if trump fans want to go ahead and register for a biden event and not turn up i wouldn't have an issue with it. it is all fair game. it would make no difference to the number that turned up. the same way that people registering for trumps event and not turning up made no difference to the number who did turn up. anybody that wanted to go could have gone.
    Oh, there’s many underhanded ways to sabotage rallies and events. And since democrat politicians have supported sabotage efforts, I guess everything is now fair game. They are the ones who opened Pandora’s Box.

yeah a couple of emails is really going to bother them. :D assuming they even used a genuine address.

Of course the big problem with that data collection is that they didnt ask if the people registering were over 13 so they will have to scrub the whole database. you cant store information on children without their parents permission
    They had to be genuine addresses otherwise they wouldn't have received tickets. Do you know for absolute fact they didn't have to acknowledge that they were over 18? Backup to the claim would be helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

As already posted, keeping the details is a breach of Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.

Some idiot in the Trump campaign also forgot to put a "I confirm I am over 18" check box on the registration site.

They will have to dump the lot or potentially face a fine of $18,000 per minor.

They had to be genuine addresses otherwise they wouldn't have received tickets. Do you know for absolute fact they didn't have to acknowledge that they were over 18? Backup to the claim would be helpful.

I do know for an absolute fact that they didnt ask. somebody posted a screenshot of the signup form on twitter.

prinzeugen wrote: »
    As already posted, keeping the details is a breach of Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.

Some idiot in the Trump campaign also forgot to put a "I confirm I am over 18" check box on the registration site.

They will have to dump the lot or potentially face a fine of $18,000 per minor.
    I'm not saying you are wrong about the being 18 disclaimer claim, I'm just not finding it anywhere. Please provide some sources for the claim.

I do know for an absolute fact that they didnt ask. somebody posted a screenshot of the signup form on twitter.
    There are several layers to signing up. A screenshot of one segment proves very little.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

My God that Tulsa rally was a horror show.

Bad turnout.
    Horrific speech - divisive, xenophobic, irrelevant, BORING (how boring was that story about the ramp), foolish (the Boeing story), big cheers for the man who drinks water from a glass, pure and utter sh1te

Hey, I saw this on twitter but so true: you can be sure when Trump starts a story with a little sketch starting with "SIR!" the rest of it is untrue.
    "SIR! twitter, twatter, waffle, waffle, bullsh1t, bullsh1t"

The end is nigh Trump, the end is nigh

Joe Biden continues to be the candidate with no campaign. Keeping him out of the public eye, as much as possible, so he can’t make an even bigger fool out of himself seems to currently be a winning strategy for democrats. How sad is that?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

This is Joe Biden 2 days ago in Philadelphia

UGMUJ262NNA6LF7GL5T2WZOTVY.jpg

There are currently over a million people looking to attend the next Trump rally in Tulsa.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This post didn’t age well.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

There are several layers to signing up. A screenshot of one segment proves very little.

this page shows the registration screen

https://hillreporter.com/did-trump-campaign-violate-coppa-law-thats-a-question-71289

• Advertisement

Joe Biden continues to be the candidate with no campaign. Keeping him out of the public eye, as much as possible, so he can’t make an even bigger fool out of himself seems to currently be a winning strategy for democrats. How sad is that?

not as sad as saying that 1 million people wanted to come to your rally and 6 or 7,000 turning up.

Brian? wrote: »
    This post didn’t age well.
    Wee, it does show enthusiasm for Biden is at an all time high. :p

Wee, it does show enthusiasm for Biden is at an all time high. :p

did he claim that 1 million people would turn up?

From that it does look bad for Trump. But were there other levels to get through, in order to register for the tickets, that you needed to acknowledge you were over 18?

From that it does look bad for Trump. But were there other levels to get through, in order to register for the tickets, that you needed to acknowledge you were over 18?

you would think if there were then somebody on trumps team would have mentioned it in response by now.

did he claim that 1 million people would turn up?
    Don't know. I was commenting on Biden enthusiasm.

Don't know. I was commenting on Biden enthusiasm.

you mean he isn't jacked up on adderall like trump is?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,940 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It worked in the primaries... after all the end is not in sight yet and he's no longer the front runner he is the presumptive candidate.
    Seems like it will be a risk averse campaign.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

you mean he isn't jacked up on adderall like trump is?
    Don't know if he's jacked up on adderall... But is he even awake in the picture? Or is everyone waiting until he wakes from his siesta to ask the next question?

• Advertisement

Don't know if he's jacked up on adderall... But is he even awake in the picture? Or is everyone waiting until he wakes from his siesta to ask the next question?

very easy to look like your eyes are closed in a still photograph. is that really the best you can come up with? the trump campaign is getting desperate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement