Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

very easy to look like your eyes are closed in a still photograph. is that really the best you can come up with? the trump campaign is getting desperate.
    Just commenting on the obvious.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

odyssey06 wrote: »
    It worked in the primaries... after all the end is not in sight yet and he's no longer the front runner he is the presumptive candidate.
    Seems like it will be a risk averse campaign.

not holding mass rallies in the middle of a pandemic seems like the responsible thing to do. of course trumps mass rallies dont have the mass they used to.

notobtuse wrote: »
    Just commenting on the obvious.

you are reading a lot into a still photograph. it all stinks of desperation.

not holding mass rallies in the middle of a pandemic seems like the responsible thing to do. of course trumps mass rallies dont have the mass they used to.
    Let me see if I understand. Huge violent protests... responsible, Trump rally... irresponsible?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Let me see if I understand. Huge violent protests... responsible, Trump rally... irresponsible?

protests where the majority wore masks. mass rallies where practically nobody wore masks and some of trumps team tested positive is just beyond stupid.

• Advertisement

you are reading a lot into a still photograph. it all stinks of desperation.
    Perhaps I'm reading into the photograph regarding Joe's appearance. But I'm not reading into the enthusiasm level for Biden, or should I say lack thereof?

protests where the majority wore masks. mass rallies where practically nobody wore masks and some of trumps team tested positive is just beyond stupid.
    Antifa members, maybe, but they usually wear masks to hide their identities while committing crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Joe Biden continues to be the candidate with no campaign. Keeping him out of the public eye, as much as possible, so he can’t make an even bigger fool out of himself seems to currently be a winning strategy for democrats. How sad is that?

The Democrat strategists have very wisely taken Napoleons advice and are not interrupting their enemy while he is making mistakes.

Trump is likely going to lose this election because of his incapacity to just be compassionate and empathetic during the two massive events of the last 3 months.

If he had recognized the potential impact of Covid-19, allowed Governors to make decisions at the state level promised that as much state materials would be provided as possible and then stepped to the side and let Fauchi take the lead on updates it would have completely changed how he was perceived during the crisis.

Similarly, in relation to BLM. He could have said that the events which happened showed that despite recent progress in race relations it showed that there was still room for improvement and that he was going to form a committee of representatives from Black Communities, police bodies and the federal government to do a deep dive analysis of the situation. Not only would that have calmed some of the ire that was out there, he could have used this as reason to return him in November as the review would likely not be completed by then or if it was, it would take a second term to implement any findings.

But he couldn't do either, instead he poured petrol on the rising flames of both situations. I mean, he really couldn't have handled them much worse. He literally attacked using citizens practicing their first amendment right outside the White House. In an election year.
    But, while the last few months have been worrying to see how he has performed, ultimately I hope it will be for the better for America as it will mean that he doesn't get 4 more years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Perhaps I'm reading into the photograph regarding Joe's appearance. But I'm not reading into the enthusiasm level for Biden, or should I say lack thereof?

But it works both ways.
    There's not a huge enthusiasm to get to the polls to stop him getting in either, as I think there was to a certain extent with Hillary.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

its a press conference. do you expect them to be jumping up and down and waving flags?

• Advertisement

Antifa members, maybe, but they usually wear masks to hide their identities while committing crimes.

LOL. only antifa members wear masks. you need to stop getting your news from only Trump and Barr.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    But it works both ways.
    There's not a huge enthusiasm to get to the polls to stop him getting in either, as I think there was to a certain extent with Hillary.
    I think that is what the DNC fears most... not enough enthusiasm to even go vote in the general election

its a press conference. do you expect them to be jumping up and down and waving flags?
    If it were Trump, they would.

I think that is what the DNC fears most... not enough enthusiasm to even go vote in the general election

you misunderstood the post you responded to. there was enthusiasm to go out and vote against hilary because a lot of people just didnt like her. there wont be the same enthusiasm for republicans this time as biden doesnt generate the same sort of hatred

i've seen trumps press conferences. they usually end with trump walking out in a huff because they asked him a question he didnt like. perhaps you might like to post a link to a trump press conference where the journalists are cheering and waving flags. I would hate to think that you were talking absolute nonsense.

you misunderstood the post you responded to. there was enthusiasm to go out and vote against hilary because a lot of people just didnt like her. there wont be the same enthusiasm for republicans this time as biden doesnt generate the same sort of hatred
    I might have misunderstood the post, but not the sentiment of the DNC worries.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Trump has no actually skill at leading a country through a crisis (or two).

His end goal is re-election: bluster and buffoon his way through to get elected.

Talk is cheap Trump! The USA needs action.

Covid crisis
    A poster up above summarized what Trump could/should have done.
    Instead, Trump with his eyes on the re-election prize tried to talk it away "it will disappear" etc

Race Relations
    Instead, Trump with his eyes on the re-election, tries to speak directly to his fanbase, refuses to speak to the root core of the problem (systemic racism), pours petrol on the problem.
    His core supporters like this, they don't "see" a racism problem in USA.

Problem for Trump is, his core is shrinking. Case in point Tulsa rally.

The USA needs a strong leader with political strategy experience. Trump has been out of his depth since the day arrived. Some people have seen that for a while. More seeing it now. He is being exposed as a fraud.

The violent protesters are tearing down statues with the blessing of many democrat politicians. I bet statues of Jesus are next!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The violent protesters are tearing down statues with the blessing of many democrat politicians. I bet statues of Jesus are next!

Bet you couldn’t quote three Democrat politicians that blessed that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

At a press conference? People would jump up and wave flags for Trump?? At a press conference??

Did you see the shambles of the press briefings of Trump in respect of covid. They had to stop the daily briefings because he was making a daily holy show of himself.

He is out of his depth since the day he walked in to the White House. He is drowning now.

The USA deserves better than this spoofer Donald Trump. Roll on November.

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    Trump has no actually skill at leading a country through a crisis (or two).

His end goal is re-election: bluster and buffoon his way through to get elected.

Talk is cheap Trump! The USA needs action.

Covid crisis
    Instead, Trump with his eyes on the re-election prize tried to talk it away "it will disappear" etc

Race Relations
    Instead, Trump with his eyes on the re-election, tries to speak directly to his fanbase, refuses to speak to the root core of the problem (systemic racism), pours petrol on the problem.
    His core supporters like this, they don't "see" a racism problem in USA.

Problem for Trump is, his core is shrinking. Case in point Tulsa rally.

The USA needs a strong leader with political strategy experience. Trump has been out of his depth since the day arrived. Some people have seen that for a while. More seeing it now. He is being exposed as a fraud.
    But Trump did act quickly and allowed the mayors and governors to decide what was best for their constituents. Unfortunately, the majority of urban areas who have democrat mayors and governors f*cked it up. And he got them the medical supplies they needed in short order.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

But Trump did act quickly and allowed the mayors and governors to decide what was best for their constituents. Unfortunately, the majority of urban areas who have democrat mayors and governors f*cked it up. And he got them the medical supplies they needed in short order.

Did act quickly? What did he do in February? Rallies, Golf, burgers, tweets.

What nonsense. USG competed with states for materials, blocked shipments, yadda yadda. You know what Trump did? He took no responsibility. You can look it up.

You know this. Stop lying, Trump's done. Finished. Can't even get 10k worshipers to show up in Trumpistan.

Are you forgetting or deliberately choosing to ignore all his waffling about it will disappear away, or that it was one person, or that it was all under control?

There are over 120,000 deaths in the USA due to covid19 and rising.

And rising now in areas like Florida, oh, guess what, that's a Republican governor. Ironically New York, an initial hot spot due to airports and amount of people in the city, a Democrat Govenor, is now under control.

God be with the days when the Buck Stops Here (President Truman).

What is it about diehard Trump fans that they refuse to hold him accountable? Are you happy with him waffling about a ramp while your country literally burns? Why won't he get out there and be part of the solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The bigger question is will he generate the same lack of enthusiasm in Democratic voters as Hilary Clinton did and allow a Republican candidate slip over the line again.

Personally, I don't see much in Joe Biden for Democratic voters to be rallying behind and the sacking of Sander's campaign, yet again, has left a bad taste in a lot of liberal minded voters in the US.

It's really just down to Team A and Team B politicking again, where a vote for Biden will have more to do with getting rid of Trump than anything Biden actually stands for.

What an absolutely wretched country*. :rolleyes:

*politically anyway.

The sacking of Sander's campaign?

I believe Sanders removed himself as a candidate and is standing firmly behind Biden to beat Trump. He has publicly said he is a Biden supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He is being exposed as a fraud.

This is it in a nutshell.
    Much of the time, the judgement on a politicians performance can be subjective.
    Are they really in directly responsible for employment figures, stock market values etc. All sides use this to justify why someone is doing either a good or a bad job and certainly when looked at too short a window then they must likely are not directly responsible.

But, this guy refused to wear a mask, he advocated for unproven drugs, he suggested that it was a hoax as literally millions of people got sick and many thousands died.

On the racial tension, he advocated violence against protesters and selected a racially sensitive site to hold a rally on the remembrance day for emancipation from slavery. I mean, W.T.F.

Are you forgetting or deliberately choosing to ignore all his waffling about it will disappear away, or that it was one person, or that it was all under control?

There are over 120,000 deaths in the USA due to covid19 and rising.

And rising now in areas like Florida, oh, guess what, that's a Republican governor. Ironically New York, an initial hot spot due to airports and amount of people in the city, a Democrat Govenor, is now under control.

God be with the days when the Buck Stops Here (President Truman).

What is it about diehard Trump fans that they refuse to hold him accountable? Are you happy with him waffling about a ramp while your country literally burns? Why won't he get out there and be part of the solution?
    Back in say February and March what did Biden say regarding how he’d handle the coronaviurs. I wouldn’t look if I were you... you’ll be dismayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

They had to be genuine addresses otherwise they wouldn't have received tickets. Do you know for absolute fact they didn't have to acknowledge that they were over 18? Backup to the claim would be helpful.

Lol it takes roughly 60 seconds to create a throw away email account.

Lol it takes roughly 60 seconds to create a throw away email account.
    Perhaps, but it's not backup for the claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The sacking of Sander's campaign?

I believe Sanders removed himself as a candidate and is standing firmly behind Biden to beat Trump. He has publicly said he is a Biden supporter.

Of course he's going to say that. He's hardly going to draw down more division. The reality is though, that the DNC don't want Sanders. They didn't in 2016 and they don't now.

They'd rather have a bland husk like Biden and it might do them more harm than good at the end of the day because frankly, as ridiculous as Trump is he'll knock lumps out him in any television spectacle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement