Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »
    Just commenting on the obvious.

talking about obvious

Would you agree that Trump told an obvious lie at his rally?

I have watched the video of his west point speech, at the end he walks down the ramp.

Now the other night he claimed to have had a long conversation about how steep, wet, the type of shoes he was wearing etc before decending the ramp.

Would you like to admit that in fact Trump told a lie and he was just a shake old man waddling down the ramp?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Back in say February and March what did Biden say regarding how he’d handle the coronaviurs. I wouldn’t look if I were you... you’ll be dismayed.

biden isnt the president. Trump is the president and he said he will not accept responsibility for anything.

Let me see if I understand. Huge violent protests... responsible, Trump rally... irresponsible?

Who has claimed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Back in say February and March what did Biden say regarding how he’d handle the coronaviurs. I wouldn’t look if I were you... you’ll be dismayed.

Sorry, did he go golfing? Was he in charge then? Did he deliberately not take responsibility?

Just a few choice comments from the #IMPOTUS during February and March:

February 27 “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
    March 6 “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
    March 7 “No, I’m not concerned at all.
    March 24 “I'm also hopeful to have Americans working again by that Easter - that beautiful Easter day.”
    March 29 “Where are the masks going? Are they going out the back door? How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000?”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Tony EH wrote: »
    Of course he's going to say that. He's hardly going to draw down more division. The reality is though, that the DNC don't want Sanders. They didn't in 2016 and they don't now.

They'd rather have a bland husk like Biden and it might do them more harm than good at the end of the day because frankly, as ridiculous as Trump is he'll knock lumps out him in any television spectacle.

The DNC would prefer to lose either Biden than win with Sanders.

Sanders was unfortunately top soft in the campaign and too willing to let them take it off him.

His debate with Biden was a case in point, he had opportunity after opportunity to tear Biden asunder, destroy him as a candidate but no, he left it go again and again.

Trump fir all his other faults is good at debates, different but good, Biden is not, he is not good with off the cuff friendly questions and often not good with a script.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oh ok, so the man in charge (Trump) is not responsible for the handing of coronavirus. The man who is not in charge (Biden) is responsible. Oh ok, got it.

Hey look at this:
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/nobody-expected-the-coronavirus-pandemic-joe-biden-did.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

They'd rather have a bland husk like Biden and it might do them more harm than good at the end of the day because frankly, as ridiculous as Trump is he'll knock lumps out him in any television spectacle.

Biden'll annihilate him in a debate. Won't even be close. Trump can't put two sentences together. Hillary destroyed him in the debates and she tried to be polite. I doubt Biden will be as reserved.

Perhaps, but it's not backup for the claim.

you said it had to be a valid address

60 seconds to a teenager is nothing, some would have probably made multiple email accounts just to troll the orange buffoon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Of course he's going to say that. He's hardly going to draw down more division. The reality is though, that the DNC don't want Sanders. They didn't in 2016 and they don't now.

Why do you think Bernie Sanders has kept his name on the primary rolls when the votes were made after he dropped out, and his intent to keep his delegates going into the convention? I think we all know he wants to influence the convention as he did in 2016. But that influence helped Clinton to lose in 2016. Is the DNC really that ignorant as to allow it to happen again with such a weak candidate as Biden?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Why do you think Bernie Sanders has kept his name on the primary rolls when the votes were made after he dropped out, and his intent to keep his delegates going into the convention? I think we all know he wants to influence the convention as he did in 2016. But that influence helped Clinton to lose in 2016. Is the DNC really that ignorant as to allow it to happen again with such a weak candidate as Biden?

in what way is that true?

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    Oh ok, so the man in charge (Trump) is not responsible for the handing of coronavirus. The man who is not in charge (Biden) is responsible. Oh ok, got it.

Hey look at this:
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/nobody-expected-the-coronavirus-pandemic-joe-biden-did.html
    Sure, Trump is in charge. And the complaint from ya'll is he didn't act early enough. So I'm asking you... Biden would have us to believe he would be a better president in a crisis... what did he recommend about the coronavirus back in Feb and March?

It's okay, I know it's embarrassing for Biden and best not discussed. History starts today!!!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

For one, the DNC committed to Sanders' demand of raising the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour and indexing it to inflation, where Clinton was at $12. This did not play well in middle America and suburban areas (which are the areas that caused her loss), where the folks knew it would destroy small businesses and cause greater unemployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

For one, the DNC committed to Sanders' demand of raising the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour and indexing it to inflation, where Clinton was at $12. This did not play well in middle America and suburban areas (which are the areas that caused her loss), where the folks knew it would destroy small businesses and cause greater unemployment.

Sanders did well in near all white and near all middle class States, when it came to working class and specifically African Americans he tanked completely.

The young didn't really come out either.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Sorry, did he go golfing? Was he in charge then? Did he deliberately not take responsibility?

Just a few choice comments from the #IMPOTUS during February and March:

February 27 “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
    March 6 “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
    March 7 “No, I’m not concerned at all.
    March 24 “I'm also hopeful to have Americans working again by that Easter - that beautiful Easter day.”
    March 29 “Where are the masks going? Are they going out the back door? How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000?”
    Again, what did BIDEN recommend should be done back in Feb and Mar? This is the man who would be king, ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

There are currently over a million people looking to attend the next Trump rally in Tulsa.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just for the record the Tulsa Fire Department said the attenance was 6,300 :D

It's really just down to Team A and Team B politicking again, where a vote for Biden will have more to do with getting rid of Trump than anything Biden actually stands for.

This element has already showed up in a Fox News poll last week. Two thirds of Biden voters are motivated by the fear of a further 4 years for Trump. As Fox News themselves pointed out fear is a big motivator when it comes to voting.

Trump is going to lose this on women, the same women who didnt come out for Hillary in 2016 are going to show up in big numbers for Biden in 2020, primarily as a mechanism for getting rid of Trump. Biden currently leads Trump by 22% among female voters wheres as Trumps lead among males is only 6%. Thats a huge gap Trump has to bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

That's not responsible for Clinton losing to Trump in 2016.

Clinton lost because she was viewed as distasteful to a lot of Democratic voters. Unfortunately, for them, they didn't reckon on an actual Trump win, if they stayed home.

Perhaps this time, Democratic voters will just hold their noses as they go to the voter booths.

But then, we're back to Team A and Team B simply trying to keep each other out of the top spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Again, what did BIDEN recommend should be done back in Feb and Mar? This is the man who would be king, ya know.

I suggest you have a good read of the article in which these quotes were posted.

Biden, Jan. 27: Biden publishes an op-ed in USA Today hitting Trump for “shortsighted policies" that "have left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic,” and warning that the coronavirus “will get worse before it gets better.”

Biden, Jan. 31: Biden tells reporters in Iowa that “science” must “lead the way,” adding: “We have, right now, a crisis with the coronavirus.”

Biden, Feb. 1: Biden tweets: “We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science.”

Biden, Feb. 11: Biden goes on “Morning Joe” and excoriates Trump for claiming the coronavirus will disappear in the warm weather, crossing himself while doing so, and adding: “You couldn’t make it up.”

Biden, Feb. 28: Biden goes on CNN and says Trump has yet to “gain control” of the coronavirus, while calling on Trump to stop downplaying it and urging him instead to “let the experts take this over” and “let the experts speak.”

Biden, March 12: Biden gives a speech stressing the importance of presidential truth-telling amid crises, noting that Trump’s ongoing falsifications risk leaving Americans without reliable guidance, compounding “public fears.”

Biden, March 15: Biden responds to that Trump quote by reiterating his call for widespread free testing, and by declaring: “It is the job of the president to take responsibility — and his response is unacceptable.”

talking about obvious

Would you agree that Trump told an obvious lie at his rally?

I have watched the video of his west point speech, at the end he walks down the ramp.

Now the other night he claimed to have had a long conversation about how steep, wet, the type of shoes he was wearing etc before decending the ramp.

Would you like to admit that in fact Trump told a lie and he was just a shake old man waddling down the ramp?

You saw that at the rally? It was great and had everyone roaring. Everyone should watch it... TWICE! Pure comedic gold... and so true about the biased mainstream media.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You saw that at the rally? It was great and had everyone roaring. Everyone should watch it... TWICE! Pure comedic gold... and so true about the biased mainstream media.

We are literally watching him and listening to him on live television.

What influence has the media on what he says or does in such a scenario?

did he lie about the ramp or did he not? it is a very simple question.

• Advertisement

That's not responsible for Clinton losing to Trump in 2016.

Clinton lost because she was viewed as distasteful to a lot of Democratic voters. Unfortunately, for them, they didn't reckon on an actual Trump win, if they stayed home.

Perhaps this time, Democratic voters will just hold their noses as they go to the voter booths.

But then, we're back to Team A and Team B simply trying to keep each other out of the top spot.
    Did I say it was responsible for Clinton's loss or did I say it helped in her loss?

did he lie about the ramp or did he not? it is a very simple question.
    I'd say no. Do you think Biden could find his way down a ramp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Danzy wrote: »
    The DNC would prefer to lose either Biden than win with Sanders.

Sanders was unfortunately top soft in the campaign and too willing to let them take it off him.

His debate with Biden was a case in point, he had opportunity after opportunity to tear Biden asunder, destroy him as a candidate but no, he left it go again and again.

Trump fir all his other faults is good at debates, different but good, Biden is not, he is not good with off the cuff friendly questions and often not good with a script.

Easy to debate when you don't have a sh1t record to defend. His incoherence and name calling won't cut it when he is answering for 120k dead from corona virus and a shattered economy.

Did I say it was responsible for Clinton's loss or did I say it helped in her loss?

:confused: ->

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Sure, Trump is in charge. And the complaint from ya'll is he didn't act early enough. So I'm asking you... Biden would have us to believe he would be a better president in a crisis... what did he recommend about the coronavirus back in Feb and March?

It's okay, I know it's embarrassing for Biden and best not discussed. History starts today!!!

A soggy ham sandwich would be a better president in a crisis to be fair.

Easy to debate when you don't have a sh1t record to defend. His incoherence and name calling won't cut it when he is answering for 120k dead from corona virus and a shattered economy.

This is true.

He has to stand on his own record now and that leaves a LOT to be desired. His method of bigging himself up by tearing down an opponent won't be of much help this time around.

But still, I cannot see Biden being much of an opponent to him in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

God help us all if that fool gets re-elected. The rally was a bit like watching a second rate comedian on a failed TV program.
    How could they have elected such a person to be president?
    Biden at least seems like a reasonable man. He has experience in government and he is not corrupt. They are two good things in his favour.

I'd say no.

he said he ran the last 10 feet of the ramp. that was a lie. I have included a transcript of his tulsa speech for reference below.
    Do you think Biden could find his way down a ramp?

biden ran up the same ramp

Donald Trump: (26:59)
    So then I finish saluting my final salute, I said, “Thank goodness. Thank you very much.” Think of it. So essentially almost 600 times. Now the general says, “Sir, are you ready?” I said, “I’m ready General, where are we going now?” You have to understand I left early in the morning to get there. Now it’s sort of late in the afternoon. A lot of these fakers were with us. So they know. He said, ” Sir, we can now leave the stage.” I said, “Great general, let’s go, I’ll follow you,” and he goes like this, “Right here, sir,” and I walked off. The stage was higher than this one and the ramp was probably 10 yards long. I say, “General.” Now you got to understand, I have the whole corps of cadets looking at me and I want them to love their president, I did this big thing. I love them, I love them. They’re incredible, and they do. I said, “General, I’ve got myself a problem, general.” Because I’m wearing leather bottom shoes which is good if you’re walking on flat surfaces. It’s not good for ramps and if I fall down, look at all those press back there, look at them. This was a steel ramp, you all saw it because everybody saw it. This was a steel ramp. It had no handrail, it was like an ice skating rink, and I said, “General, I have a problem,” and he didn’t understand that at first. I said, “There’s no way.” He understood, I just saluted almost 600 times. I just made a big speech. I sat for other speeches. I’m being baked. I’m being baked like a cake. I said, “General, there’s no way I can make it down that ramp without falling on my ass, General. I have no railing.”

Donald Trump: (29:27)
    It’s true. So I said, “Is there like something else around?” “Sir, the ramp is ready to go.” “Grab me sir, grab me.” I didn’t really want to grab him. You know why? Because I said, “That will be a story too.” So now I have a choice. I can stay up there for another couple of hours and wait till I’m rescued or I can go down this really steep, really, really, really … It’s an ice skating rink, it’s brutal. So I said, “General, get ready because I may grab you so fast.” Because I can’t fall with the fake news watching. If I fall, if I fall, I remember when President Ford fell out of the plane, do you remember? I remember when another president, nice man, threw up in Japan, and they did slow motion replays. It’s true, right? “I don’t want that, general.” Now he’s standing there, big strong guy, and he’s got these shoes but they’re loaded with rubber on the bottom because I looked, the first thing I did, I looked at his shoes. Then I looked at mine. Very, very slippery. So I end up saying, “Okay, general, let’s go. I will only grab you if I need you. That’s not a good story. Falling would be a disaster. It turned out to be worse than anything, I would have been better off if I fell and slid down the damn ramp. Right? So what happens is I start the journey, inch by inch, right? I was really bent over too. I didn’t like that. I didn’t like this picture. This picture I’m sure will be an ad by the fakers. So I was bent over, right? Bent over like this. Then we finally reached almost the end and the fake news, the most dishonest human beings, they cut it off. You know why? Because when I was 10 feet short, I said, “General, I’m sorry,” and I ran down the rest, right? I looked very handsome. That was the only good. I wouldn’t want to run down the whole thing because the fall there would be definitely bad. So I took these little steps, I ran down the last 10, and by the way their tape, take a look. In almost every instance, it ends just before I run, and they said, “Here was the number one trending story.”

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smartz

1st Feb, Biden: "We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science"

12th March, Biden: "lay out the immediate steps we have to take to deliver one decisive public health response to curb the spread of the disease and to provide treatment to those who need it, and a decisive economic response that delivers real relief to American workers, families, and small businesses"

• Advertisement

:confused: ->

they will deny ever posting the first post you quoted or say you have misinterpreted it. just you wait and see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement