Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Same thing we always do, pay attention on what is going on in the world, assess it objectively and take part in discussions relating to it.

What are you going to do?
    Those are admirable goals. I hope to see them implemented.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Same thing we always do, pay attention on what is going on in the world, assess it objectively and take part in discussions relating to it.

What are you going to do?

laughing hysterically at the next hobbyhorse of the pearl clutching class.

you'll get an awful shock when it dawns on you that all the problems in the world today predate and will postdate (?) Doland Drumpf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

notobtuse wrote: »
    So... according to you Republicans are evil? And people have the gall to claim those on the Right are the intolerable ones??? :confused:

Are you asking me do I think some republican politicians are evil?
    That's an easy yes.

Do you think Trump will win?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

laughing hysterically at the next hobbyhorse of the pearl clutching class.

you'll get an awful shock when it dawns on you that all the problems in the world today predate and will postdate (?) Doland Drumpf

For every member of the 'pearl clutching class', there's at least one 'bar stool expert' who thinks there is no point in talking about anything, yet can't stop getting involved in the conversation.

If there's no point in wanting there to be a better world, why do you feel the need in discussing it?

• Advertisement

Are you asking me do I think some republican politicians are evil?
    That's an easy yes.

Do you think Trump will win?
    As of today... Yes I do, unless something completely unexpected come up between now and the election.

And if he doesn’t win... Well, I plan on giving Biden the same level of respect and support that Trump received from the democrats and their media allies from day 1. Probably starting with a 3-year investigation and impeachment process for abuse of power regarding the Ukraine, initially, and if that doesn’t stick keep coming up new accusations to drag the process on indefinitely. Fair is fair, right? :rolleyes:

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

I'm no expert, i just know hysteria and a moral panic when i see one.

A Biden victory would at least give some perspective. The sun will rise and the world will turn. I'm sick of the endless whinging. Maybe its time for Joe to change the world.

A Biden victory would at least give some perspective. The sun will rise and the world will turn. I'm sick of the endless whinging. Maybe its time for Joe to change the world.

... assuming he remembers where he left it. :p

As of today... Yes I do, unless something completely unexpected come up between now and the election.

And if he doesn’t win... Well, I plan on giving Biden the same level of respect and support that Trump received from the democrats and their media allies from day 1. Probably starting with a 3-year investigation and impeachment process for abuse of power regarding the Ukraine initially, and if that doesn’t stick keep coming up new accusations to drag the process on indefinitely. Fair is fair, right? :rolleyes:

You mean, like the GOP did with Obama?

Republicans subjected Obama to a 3 year abuse investigation and impeachment hearing and trial???? WTF, nobody tells me nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,691 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Republicans subjected Obama to a 3 year abuse investigation and impeachment hearing and trial???? WTF, nobody tells me nothing.

More than 4 years of investigations, actually. Investigations through most of his presidency.

0 indictments though. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No they went mad about his choice of mustard, or the colour of his suit, or lied about his birthplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wouldn't be like the diehard Rep's to abuse a democratic president for no reason. I mean the Trump fans were so respectful to Barack BEFORE the lord became president.

Barack's birth cert was never "real" yet its disrespectful to ask to see Trumps tax returns.

Big on respect the Trumpians!

Trump has pulled out of the Paris Agreement, pulled out of Iran Nuclear deal, rolled back environmental protections in areas of the US, tried to role back opportunities for children who were born to illegal immigrants, mishandled the Covid-19 response strategy woefully and has provided half a trillion bail out to US Businesses with zero oversight.

If you think discussing and disagreeing with the above is whinging, then it is because you are lucky enough to not be affected by any of these decisions, or don't have any empathy for those who have been.

But it is certainly not because of any greater perspective or insight in to how the world works no matter how much you think it is.

You choosing to ignore something is not the same as people telling you nothing.

What do you think of the response from some corners after 4 Americans were killed in Benghazi versus the response from the same corners after 120K died from Covid-19?

democracy's a bitch

as Donald may well find out in November

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

democracy's a bitch

as Donald may well find out in November

Democracy isn't what Donnie faces. Its only the Electoral College that matters.

No they went mad about his choice of mustard, or the colour of his suit, or lied about his birthplace.
    Ah, now I understand. You give equal weight to those things and an impeachment.

And if he doesn’t win... Well, I plan on giving Biden the same level of respect and support that Trump received from the democrats and their media allies from day 1. Probably starting with a 3-year investigation and impeachment process for abuse of power regarding the Ukraine, initially, and if that doesn’t stick keep coming up new accusations to drag the process on indefinitely. Fair is fair, right? :rolleyes:

Mitch McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.
    Never mind all the republican obstruction regarding Obama.
    Including the Birther movement, supported by Trump.
    Where was the respect and support?

I know your modus operandi.
    It will be a diversion to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

lads what will yee do with your lives if Trump loses? Gonna have to find another bogieman to twist your knickers over.
    the U.S. will go on as normal but with a slightly more polite idiot in charge

• Advertisement

You choosing to ignore something is not the same as people telling you nothing.

What do you think of the response from some corners after 4 Americans were killed in Benghazi versus the response from the same corners after 120K died from Covid-19?
    Thank goodness Trump acted early or the body count from the coronavirus, with origins in China, could have been 2 million, especially with idiot governors in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and others sending nursing home patients to their deaths.

Thank goodness Trump acted early or the body count from the coronavirus, with origins in China, could have been 2 million, especially with idiot governors in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and others sending nursing home patients to their deaths.

1/10.

Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ah, now I understand. You give equal weight to those things and an impeachment.

Nope

Trump deserved the media coverage obama did not

Something is really hokey will all these polls. A recent Zogby International of “likely voters” shows 55 percent believe Joe Biden is in the early stages of dementia. In other polls they find Biden leads Trump by as much as a 50-38 percent margin in the race for president. I know there is not a direct correlation between the two types of polls, but there is some correlation, nonetheless. If the majority of voters believe Biden is in the early states of dementia there is no way they’re going to vote him in as president.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,158 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Something is really hokey will all these polls. A recent Zogby International of “likely voters” shows 55 percent believe Joe Biden is in the early stages of dementia. In other polls they find Biden leads Trump by as much as a 50-38 percent margin in the race for president. I know there is not a direct correlation between the two types of polls, but there is some correlation, nonetheless. If the majority of voters believe Biden is in the early states of dementia there is no way they’re going to vote him in as president.

there are a number of polls that show biden with a significant lead. you say there is another poll that asks a very different question that casts doubts on the other polls. perhaps it is the poll you refer to that is wrong?

there are a number of polls that show biden with a significant lead. you say there is another poll that asks a very different question that casts doubts on the other polls. perhaps it is the poll you refer to that is wrong?
    Maybe, maybe not. You can't deny there is a lot of talk about Joe Biden having dementia. Google "Joe Biden dementia" and you'll see almost 8 millions results.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,158 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Maybe, maybe not. You can't deny there is a lot of talk about Joe Biden having dementia. Google "Joe Biden dementia" and you'll see almost 8 millions results.

certainly a lot of talk from you about it. From my own direct experience with dementia i dont see it. oddly you never seem to mention trumps cognitive decline. he looked like a broken man when he returned to the white house after his failed Tulsa rally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

If the majority of voters believe Biden is in the early states of dementia there is no way they’re going to vote him in as president.

can't believe I am going to wade into such a s**t show as this thread, but to be honest, i think a lot of americans would vote for a can of spam over trump at the moment,

whether or not biden is suffering from dementia, he is an elderly man, as such his choice of running mate could be key.

That said, trump vs spam. SPAM 2020!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,025 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Maybe, maybe not. You can't deny there is a lot of talk about Joe Biden having dementia.

Similar suspicions didn't stop Americans electing Reagan twice...

• Advertisement

certainly a lot of talk from you about it. From my own direct experience with dementia i dont see it. oddly you never seem to mention trumps cognitive decline. he looked like a broken man when he returned to the white house after his failed Tulsa rally.
    So, it would now be fair game to sabotage Biden's rallies and events going forward?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement