Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

Overheal wrote: »

We will see how frail he is tomorrow night :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »
    I meant 'you' in the general term. Sorry if that was unclear. The actions of Pelosi most definitely relate to Biden and his election chances. She is the Speaker of the House, controlled by democrats. There is no way he can distance himself from her unless he condemns her actions.

And Trumps inability to drink a glass of water like an adult relates to Buden seeing as so many of his zealots here accuse Biden of having serious medical issues. Yet they never want to discuss Trumps issues, I wonder why that is?

How can any Democrat think that Biden is the right man for the job. Honestly, come on, it's like a comedy show with him. You got to admit they have the wrong candidate :confused::confused::confused:

They are both 2/1, that is a terrible bet.

No they are not, but never the less if Trump is such a dead cert you wouldnt worry about the odds right? Sure 2/1 that's an easy 40k profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

IM]

Not interested in HuffPo’s election evening coverage. FiveThirtyEight rightly gave him about a 35% chance and the rest is history.

Across virtually all Industry-typical polls, in 2020, Biden is more popular than trump.

• Advertisement

How can any Democrat think that Biden is the right man for the job. Honestly, come on, it's like a comedy show with him. You got to admit they have the wrong candidate :confused::confused::confused:

Primaries were held. The people spoke.

Most voters will just be happy to have Trump removed from office

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You can never admit you have the wrong candidate. They were never going to allow Sanders be the DNC choice for president. And the other candidates were just terrible. Biden is most probably getting the nod from the DNC by default and his connection to Obama... Unless by convention time they see Trumps polls continue to fall in battleground states and somehow improve Hillary Clinton's image, that is.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He's the right man because he is who the primary votes have determined should get the nomination.

He wouldn't be my preferred candidate, but if he was 1/10th as capable as he is, I'd still rate him above Trump.

He's the right man because he is who the primary votes have determined should get the nomination.

He wouldn't be my preferred candidate, but if he was 1/10th as capable as he is, I'd still rate him above Trump.

TDS

TDS

Truth hurts. Deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Joe Columbo

Just like Hilary Clinton was the right person to contest the election last time because she won the primary votes.

Just like Trump was the right person to be president because he won the election.

Just like Hilary Clinton was the right person to contest the election last time because she won the primary votes.

Just like Trump was the right person to be president because he won the election.

Are we supposed to ignore the demonstration he has given the world over the last 3.5 years....

Truth hurts. Deal with it.

Straight back at you :pac::pac:

Straight back at you :pac::pac:

Yeah? What truth is that?

Yeah? What truth is that?

That you have TDS :rolleyes:

That you have TDS :rolleyes:

How did you figure that? Are you saying you have observed him over the last few years and either think he is doing a good job, or have no opinion on how he has done or his capacity to do the job well?

What is it about my assessing his performance which and finding it wanting that implies TDS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

No they are not, but never the less if Trump is such a dead cert you wouldnt worry about the odds right? Sure 2/1 that's an easy 40k profit.
    Peak price currently 2.38, which is indeed the largest it's been in maybe 6mths. Very reasonable but not ideal.

However a month (nevermind five) is a long time in politics, and either of the chaps could drop at any time. Joe looked like the was held up on puppet strings on a CNN new clip the other day, a very rigid, slow and staccato walking attempt across a stage.

Best plan would be to wait for Trump to throw the book at someone (an actual big heavy book), that Nancy wan maybe.

Even better plan, wait for an actual election night special 900% multiplier during a live market Trader's coffee jitters:

erx1zp4.png

Are we supposed to ignore the demonstration he has given the world over the last 3.5 years....

But you just said that Biden is the right candidate on the basis that he has won the primary votes therefore (using your reasoning) Hilary was the right Democratic candidate in 2016 and Trump was the right person to be President.

But you just said that Biden is the right candidate on the basis that he has won the primary votes therefore (using your reasoning) Hilary was the right Democratic candidate in 2016 and Trump was the right person to be President.

That’s how elections work.

Once Trump won the election in November 2016, then yes, he was the right person to be President.

How complicated is this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,817 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Trump is such a divisive guy that with the right person, the democrats could have got the White House back. Putting the house on Joe Biden would be a dumb move... you needed not somebody's nice, friendly, well meaning grandad but a young, enthusiastic, clever, witty, sharp, tough and uncompromising candidate.... Biden you just look at him and think, “shït, I’ll just go over, buy him a beer and hang out, nice fella.”... he seems to be a nice fella but he seems to be out of his depth...from a Republican standpoint he’d be putty in their hands... unless there was some fûckup.

Once Trump won the election in November 2016, then yes, he was the right person to be President.

How complicated is this?

Great, just wanted to make sure you were in favour of Trump being elected.

Great, just wanted to make sure you were in favour of Trump being elected.

Of any of them being elected.

That’s how elections work.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

lads what will yee do with your lives if Trump loses? Gonna have to find another bogieman to twist your knickers over.

lads what will yee do with your lives if Trump loses? Gonna have to find another bogieman to twist your knickers over.

I'll have a cold beer, raise it to Biden and then be happy the world will be a safer place for at least four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Igotadose wrote: »
    Really? You need to look further. Google "Lincoln Republicans" for starters. Then take a look here: https://rvat.org/

They're voting Biden.

Fivethirtyeight's been looking at polls and their swing state data (as of today, of course) has Biden comfortably 100+ Electoral College votes ahead of Trump. Biden's way ahead in places where Trump squeaked by last time like Michigan

Those are Neocons Bill Kristol who voted Hilary Clinton last time out so there is no change there. I'm not paying too much attention to polls until August when I see what Biden and the DNC have to offer the American voting public, that is most likely when Americans who are on the fence tend to make up their minds into their Labor day holiday.

Historically you might want to take a look at the 1968 campaign that Nixon won and the George McGovern campaign in 1972 when Nixon took a landslide. The current chaos is not necessarily guaranteed that Trump will lose.

Green politics has not played well in the US, but it might be enough to flip the more radical Bernie voters if they perceive the wing of the party fronted by Biden will not deliver, it may also be the case that if Biden does appease them that the moderates will not come and and vote either and what you have on both RNC and DNC sides is the center vote stays away on voting day.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Oh, their is a never ending amount of Republicans to hate on. The bigger question is what will they do with themselves if Trump WINS? How will they deal with Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

notobtuse wrote: »
    Oh, their is a never ending amount of Republicans to hate on. The bigger question is what will they do with themselves if Trump WINS? How will they deal with Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria?

We will never stop fighting evil.
    Also.
    He won't win, that's very clear now.

We will never stop fighting evil.
    Also.
    He won't win, that's very clear now.
    So... according to you Republicans are evil? And people have the gall to claim those on the Right are the intolerable ones??? :confused:

• Advertisement

Same thing we always do, pay attention on what is going on in the world, assess it objectively and take part in discussions relating to it.

What are you going to do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement