Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nora Quoirin. [Read mod note in post #1 - updated 14/08]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I don’t believe for a second she simply wandered away

Kids like her don’t

God help her poor parents

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Eh by that map above the section marked out as "New Search Area" with the Hindu Temple in it is only a few hundred metres from the chalets and it is bordered by a river. They cant be seriously only searching that area now 7 days in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I don’t believe for a second she simply wandered away

Kids like her don’t

God help her poor parents

Having a child like Nora, I tend to agree. My worse nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Knine wrote: »
    Having a child like Nora, I tend to agree. My worse nightmare

It is

And mine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

It is

And mine

10 years ago or so I was leaving mass one Sunday morning when I literally ran into an old school friend I hadn’t seen for ages. She was at mass with her two youngest boys the younger of whom has Down’s syndrome, at the time he was around 5 or 6.
    We chatted for a couple of minutes until she realized that while the older lad was just messing around the younger boy was nowhere to be seen.
    He’d literally vanished.
    I’ll never forget her almost instant escalation to near hysteria, crying out his name at the top of her voice while berating the older boy for not minding him, and my guilt and horror that I’d distracted her.
    Of course he was discovered quite soon standing at their car having followed someone else with the same coat as his mother, but her panic (and mine) for those few minutes looking into the mass crowd dispersing into the car park and not seeing her little boy will stay with me forever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mazwell

splinter65 wrote: »
    10 years ago or so I was leaving mass one Sunday morning when I literally ran into an old school friend I hadn’t seen for ages. She was at mass with her two youngest boys the younger of whom has Down’s syndrome, at the time he was around 5 or 6.
    We chatted for a couple of minutes until she realized that while the older lad was just messing around the younger boy was nowhere to be seen.
    He’d literally vanished.
    I’ll never forget her almost instant escalation to near hysteria, crying out his name at the top of her voice while berating the older boy for not minding him, and my guilt and horror that I’d distracted her.
    Of course he was discovered quite soon standing at their car having followed someone else with the same coat as his mother, but her panic (and mine) for those few minutes looking into the mass crowd dispersing into the car park and not seeing her little boy will stay with me forever.

Genuinely I'm not being rude but wtf has that got to do with this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Another day passes, very worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

There is no evidence of an abduction therefore it could well have something to do with the parents.

Even if they didnt harm her, leaving her alone in a strange place while she had special needs is a case of neglegence imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

There is no evidence of an abduction therefore it could well have something to do with the parents.

Even if they didnt harm her, leaving her alone in a strange place while she had special needs is a case of neglegence imho.

Where did they leave her Alone?

mazwell wrote: »

The use of the acronym wtf in itself is rude but whatever.
    If you actually read the thread instead of what you did, which is scanning a couple of pages for posts that could possibly offend or outrage you, then you would see that I was responding to the previous posters who had indicated that they have disabled children and have a terrible fear of becoming detached from them when out and about.
    Not that I should have to explain myself but I do know that some posters, like yourself, lack both the will and/or the capacity to put anything in context.

• Advertisement

When did they leave her on her own? How do you know that there’s no evidence of an abduction?
    What are your grounds for accusing her parents of negligence?

Happy4all wrote: »
    Where did they leave her Alone?

In her room, in a strange house, in the middle of a jungle. Lets say in the unlikley event she wandered off through her window, they left her alone enough for that to happen at least

In her room, in a strange house, in the middle of a jungle. Lets say in the unlikley event she wandered off through her window, they left her alone enough for that to happen at least

But they didn’t leave her on her own in a strange house in the middle of the jungle.
    Your totally wrong there pal. Which missing child case are you referring to?

How do you know that there’s no evidence of an abduction?

The police have stated that there is no sign of abduction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

mazwell wrote: »

Alright Miriam O Callaghan with your "Genuinely". Guess what? Saying "I'm not being rude" and then just firing in an aul "wtf" is incredibly rude!

I would be of the same opinion Splinter that poor Nora possibly got disorientated/ distracted. With the darkness of an unknown room and jetlag etc wasn't heard wandering, and with a jungle on the doorstep, it just doesn't bear thinking about.

But they didn’t leave her on her own in a strange house in the middle of the jungle.
    Your totally wrong there pal. Which missing child case are you referring to?

Well they were in a jungle and she was not in the same room as the parents. Perhaps she was in a room with her young sibling? Still neglegent.

The police have stated that there is no sign of abduction

So far there is no evidence of abduction. What missing child case are you confusing with this one that you state that a child was left alone in a room in a house in the jungle?!?

Well they were in a jungle and she was not in the same room as the parents. Perhaps she was in a room with her young sibling? Still neglegent.

She was in a house in a holiday resort near a jungle in a room with her siblings. Lots of teenagers share rooms with siblings on holidays.
    I’m still not seeing you back up your allegation of “negligence”. Can you expand a bit ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That's a deplorable accusation. You're completely ignorant of the facts. She was not left alone at all.

What kick do people get from this type of vicious vindictive accusation?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

That's a deplorable accusation. You're completely ignorant if the facts. She was not left alone at all.

It’s similar to a toddler who seeks attention by banging on a table or kicking a door . Any attention will do even negative attention . Sad really but best left to themselves .

• Advertisement

That's a deplorable accusation. You're completely ignorant if the facts. She was not left alone at all.

This poster will not give up now Matias Moldy Jaguar.
    He/she trolled the Ana Kriegel thread for weeks with accusations of neglect about Anas parents and dismissive comments about the fact that she was adopted and in robust defense of the obnoxious behavior of the father of one of the guilty boys.
    Watch here for more of the same.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    It’s similar to a toddler who seeks attention by banging on a table or kicking a door . Any attention will do even negative attention . Sad really but best left to themselves .

Better if put standing in the corner. Such libellous speculation should be deleted; then the attention will be totally removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Better if put standing in the corner. Such libellous speculation should be deleted; then the attention will be totally removed.

Exactly . No quoting , no replying

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Exactly . No quoting , no replying

Reporting???

If my child was likley to be upset by a change in routine you can be dam sure she would not be left in a room with only young children with an unlocked window in a foreign country, anything can happen in a situation like that. They have failed to protect her. It is a clear case of neglegence especially when you factor in Nora's special needs.

Also, despite a MASSIVE manhunt for the past week, there is no sign of her in the surrounding area. I would be questioning the parents at this stage (and the police are no doubt looking into the possibility)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Also, despite a MASSIVE manhunt for the past week, there is no sign of her in the surrounding area. I would be questioning the parents at this stage (and the police are no doubt looking into the possibility)

The Internets really is filled with arseholes!

I’m still not seeing you back up your allegation of “negligence”. Can you expand a bit ?

Nora had special needs, leaving her with siblings in a foreign country is not good enough imho

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@kidchameleon - that’s enough. There are a lot of unknowns here. Please be mindful of the family & friends involved.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

What are the nature of Noras special needs? Are they developmental, physical? I have 2 children with special needs and I'm a careful parent who tries to predict and prempt everything where possible but I've had my kids panic and get lost. It can happen to anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

eviltwin wrote:
    What are the nature of Noras special needs? Are they developmental, physical? I have 2 children with special needs and I'm a careful parent who tries to predict and prempt everything where possible but I've had my kids panic and get lost. It can happen to anyone

Don't think it's been disclosed, but it comes across as being developmental, but I could be wrong

Advertisement