Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nora Quoirin. [Read mod note in post #1 - updated 14/08]

Options

Comments

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    We are on day 7. Nora would not survive that long in the elements without food or drink.

The "hope" in the early days, according to reports earlier in the week, was that she would survive if out in the jungle, given the warm conditions i.e. that there were no freezing temperatures etc.

I don't know what the prognosis would be now, after 7 days, but certainly, if she had water, she would have warmth, so certainly there would be hope from that perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,840 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Thanks for being the forum police. I will ignore for now. :)

It's almost as if your ego wants you to be right in whatever theory you have about the McCann's (take your fecking pick) and other missing kids come secondary to that.

Open a thread on your 'theory'. Leave this one alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

KM792 wrote: »
    God forgive me for saying this if wrong but why is this reminding me of the JonBennet Ramsay case?

How so? What are the similarities?

Thanks for being the forum police. I will ignore for now. :)

That's not a forum police comment- that's a discussion comment- and I for one agree with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,980 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    We are on day 7. Nora would not survive that long in the elements without food or drink.

I believe there have been quite a few cases where people went 10 days or more and survived (people inside collapsed buildings etc)

But time is of the essence. If by chance she is alive, they will have to find her very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The child is gone, hopefully will be found alive.

That's all anyone wants now isn't it.

Rant away about me amongst yourselves, I really don't mind.

Tomorrow you will target and comment on others. Sayonara!

The child is gone, hopefully will be found alive.

That's all anyone wants now isn't it.

Rant away about me amongst yourselves, I really don't mind.

Tomorrow you will target and comment on others. Sayonara!

Is this your effort of an apology?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I think Nora woke, became disorientated quickly, went to look for her mother and panicked and went out the window.
    I don’t think she got very far and I think she’s quite near the house but she’s sadly died. I believe she’s non verbal and couldn’t call for help.
    I hope they find her soon if only to stop the trolls and loons from starting on her parents for years and years.

Is this your effort of an apology?

Sorry now, but apology for what pray tell?

Go on.... spell it out and so on. I don't mind.

Sorry now, but apology for what pray tell?

Go on.... spell it out and so on. I don't mind.

For your posts tonight, on this thread.

Go have a serious look back and tell me you're not ashamed at what you posted, given the current circumstances of this case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

What an absolute nightmare. I keep checking the Sky News site for news of her. I wonder if they know if any of her clothes or footwear are missing? Hard to believe she'd willingly walk too far in her bare feet. Jesus the forest would be full of snakes and crawling things.
    Maybe she left early in the morning?..Surely she'd be too scared to walk into the darkness by herself.. Imagine how dark and scary it would be.

I have obviously hit a nerve for some here.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

splinter65 wrote: »
    KM792 wrote: »
    God forgive me for saying this if wrong but why is this reminding me of the JonBennet Ramsay case?

How so? What are the similarities?

I'm not actually trying to get something going with this,but when people were saying it drew parallels with Madeleine McCann I didn't get that at all;it would have sooner rang a bell with Jonbennet Ramsay..family sleeping in their beds,access through downstairs window,spiral staircase.

Look it's a horrendous case,I hope she's found alive but just on that point I would have thought of Jonbennet over another case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Disappointing to watch your attempt to turn a thread about a missing child into one about yourself instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

splinter65 wrote: »
    I think Nora woke, became disorientated quickly, went to look for her mother and panicked and went out the window.
    I don’t think she got very far and I think she’s quite near the house but she’s sadly died. I believe she’s non verbal and couldn’t call for help.
    I hope they find her soon if only to stop the trolls and loons from starting on her parents for years and years.

Surely if she was near the house she'd have been found by now even if deceased. Its an awful story. Like someone said earlier I keep updating the news hoping against hope that shes found.

You hit my 'it must always have some similarity to the McCann case, because I wanna talk about the McCann case' nerve.

Why don't you just go to bed or where ever you said you were going a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

OwlsZat wrote: »
    With the kindest respect the vast majority of people who have spent the time to research the Madeline McCann fully believe the parents covered up a likely accidental death. I'd avoid comparisons at this stage. Rather hope there is a happy ending.

The vast majority of people think that? Ok, sure Jan.

I knew it wouldn't be long before the usual suspects came along to compare this to the Madeleine McCann case. :rolleyes:

Anyway, like everyone else, I hope the poor girl is found safe and well and just perhaps became disorientated and lost her way somewhere in the vicinity. My heart goes out to her family who seem understandably heartbroken and distraught. I can't even begin to imagine how they must be feeling right now.

I suggested against comparing it. The OP compared the two. Amazing you misread both the OP and the post you quoted.

I am thinking that anyone who veers off the the perceived wisdom is vilified.

I hope the girl is found alive and well.

Woops. It has broken out again. I wonder why?

You hit my 'it must always have some similarity to the McCann case, because I wanna talk about the McCann case' nerve.

Why don't you just go to bed or where ever you said you were going a while back.

Why are you so invested in the Mc Cann case? Why not go to bed yourself and rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

OwlsZat wrote: »
    I suggested against comparing it. The OP compared the two. Amzing you misread both the OP and the person you quoted.

The paragraph I bolded, as factually inaccurate as it is, certainly plays in to hands of the Madeleine conspiracists on this site who enjoy comparing such cases.

Anyway, I apologise if I got the rest of your post askew. There are certainly no comparisons to be made to the McCann case here and it would be awful if Nora's parents were to be on the receiving end of even a fraction of the unfounded accusations made against the McCanns. A missing child is surely the worst nightmare any parent can imagine without having to deal with malicious gossip and speculation on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jaysus Christ, the bickering here is sad and sickening

Who gives a ****e who’s right?

There is a kid missing and all ye can do is bicker

Give it a rest, for once on boards give it a rest

Why are you so invested in the Mc Cann case? Why not go to bed yourself and rest.

:confused:

I am concerned about a current missing person...not my theory on a long missing one and how tenuously it might be related to this one.
    It ****ing obscene how you people try to wedge this into every missing child case. GO AWAY.

I didn't see any posts instigated from Francie Brady on MMC- but I did see this from you:
    I think it has similar echoes to the Portugal case. But hopefully the girl will be found safe and well. It can happen and hopefully will. Bless her.

Care to explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Heckler wrote: »
    Surely if she was near the house she'd have been found by now even if deceased. Its an awful story. Like someone said earlier I keep updating the news hoping against hope that shes found.

Wasn't there a story a few years back about a young Japanese boy who was lost in the woods for 6 days before being found?

It's certainly possible she went wandering and is sheltering somewhere afraid out of her life, however unlikely it seems. Her family must be hoping against hope for such an outcome.

Wasn't there a story a few years back about a young Japanese boy who was lost in the woods for 6 days before being found?

It's certainly possible she went wandering and is sheltering somewhere afraid out of her life, however unlikely it seems. Her family must be hoping against hope for such an outcome.

I think that's the hope everyone is holding out for right now. Conditions over there are "tough" but not totally fatal, given the timeline to date.

Hopefully she'll be found safe and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

A GARDA liaison officer has been deployed to Malaysia to assist with the case

vicwatson wrote: »
    A GARDA liaison officer has been deployed to Malaysia to assist with the case

At least some hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mazwell

chicorytip wrote: »
    This is a strange case, some similarities to Madeleine McCann. My guess would be she left her room of her own volition, became lost and possibly trapped somewhere in the extremely dense vegetation which covers the locality and, after four days now, may well be dead.

There are no similarities to Madeleine McCann that I can see, apart from they are both British girls with an Irish parent/grandparent who went missing on holiday in a foreign country.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but nora is not a 4 year old child left alone with her 1 year old siblings while her parents went out for the night (no matter what Madeleine McCann theory you go with that fact can't be disputed).
    Nora is a 15 year old who went to bed in the same apartment as her parents, and has disappeared. No matter the outcome and we are all praying she will be found safe and well, it is not comparable to leaving a child alone, and Nora's parents are not to blame

• Advertisement

mazwell wrote: »
    There are no similarities to Madeleine McCann that I can see, apart from they are both British girls with an Irish parent/grandparent who went missing on holiday in a foreign country.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but nora is not a 4 year old child left alone with her 1 year old siblings while her parents went out for the night (no matter what Madeleine McCann theory you go with that fact can't be disputed).
    Nora is a 15 year old who went to bed in the same apartment as her parents, and has disappeared. No matter the outcome and we are all praying she will be found safe and well, it is not comparable to leaving a child alone, and Nora's parents are not to blame

We don't know anything but that she is missing.

Ignore the ****wits who think this is an episode of Midsummer Murders.

Advertisement