Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2019 Stage 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

kate1895 wrote: »
    I’m from the first batch had my physical yesterday and passed thankfully. Meeting the superintendent next week

Congrats! How did you find it? Was it harder than expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

How long after the interview do you hear back? And also how long people were waiting to be called for Physical? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Edsjd

Dean445 wrote: »
    How long after the interview do you hear back? And also how long people were waiting to be called for Physical? Thanks

I was waiting 2 weeks but it was a bank holiday weekend straight after my interview so fingers crossed for You! As per the fitness I've got no idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Sorry what I meant was, I’ve passed the interview and was wondering how long do we wait to hear about completing form b

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DBOOK123

Dean445 wrote: »
    Sorry what I meant was, I’ve passed the interview and was wondering how long do we wait to hear about completing form b

usually recieve it via email about a week later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 lucymangoo96

Okay so, just to give you an idea of timelines (only my experience so not saying this is exactly what it will be for you) Also, bear in mind my OOM was quite low for all stages so am in the first batch to be called for everything

From assessment centre day to results, I waited 26 days.
    From stage 2 results to my interview date, I waited 24 days.
    From my interview to my results, I waited 12 days.
    From my interview results to receiving form b, I waited 21 days.
    From receiving form b to receiving GP clearance, I waited 16 days.
    From being sent GP form to getting date for physical, I waited 22 days.
    And got 18 days notice before my physical.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Okay so, just to give you an idea of timelines (only my experience so not saying this is exactly what it will be for you) Also, bear in mind my OOM was quite low for all stages so am in the first batch to be called for everything

Fair play, this is the type of feedback posters need to be giving! :cool:

SquireD wrote: »
    Fair play, this is the type of feedback posters need to be giving! :cool:

No bother at all :D know myself how it feels and was dying for someone to post something like that when i was starting out!!

Just raging now, I've to defer my PCT because i'm getting laser eye (won't get in without it!) so hopefully will get a new date soon.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kate1895

AD07 wrote: »
    Congrats! How did you find it? Was it harder than expected?

Thanks. The bleep test is probably the hardest part but if you have some sort of fitness you should be fine. The circuit is fine. Push pull test you just have to put as much force as you can to reach the beeps for about 15 seconds.

With the push/pull, can you have one hand over and one hand under the bar or do they both have to be the same? Imagine it would be easier one hand over one under!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Thanks. The bleep test is probably the hardest part but if you have some sort of fitness you should be fine. The circuit is fine. Push pull test you just have to put as much force as you can to reach the beeps for about 15 seconds.

Hey,

I also passed fitness on tues, did you recieve any dates for medical? Someone told me it was meant to be the following weds but doesnt look like it?

With the push/pull, can you have one hand over and one hand under the bar or do they both have to be the same? Imagine it would be easier one hand over one under!!

You’re hands have to be each side of the bar, they give you a chance to practice without weights first so you know what to do

sazxox wrote: »
    Hey,

I also passed fitness on tues, did you recieve any dates for medical? Someone told me it was meant to be the following weds but doesnt look like it?

Hey, I heard it would be pretty soon after but I haven’t heard anything yet. I thought I’d get an email by today

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Hey, I heard it would be pretty soon after but I haven’t heard anything yet. I thought I’d get an email by today

Lol liturally just got the email there - thurs 21st?

sazxox wrote: »
    Lol liturally just got the email there - thurs 21st?

Me too haha, yea same

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Edsjd

Cheers Lucy

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Hi, has anyone heard of Sergeants/Supers etc doing a home visit for your meetings with them rather than going to the station for it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

In my interview results all I got was my oom and no information about physical or date for physical, will they be in contact soon or should I contact public appointmemt office?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Welcome to the waiting game. You will recieve form b first. Which you wont get for another week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Oh thanks a million. For the sit ups is there people holding your feet like the video on YouTube?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 OscarJ94

Hi guys, on Form B, if an auntie or uncle is retired do we include their most recent occupation before retiring? Also for deceased grandparents, is it necessary? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

No bother at all :D know myself how it feels and was dying for someone to post something like that when i was starting out!!

Just raging now, I've to defer my PCT because i'm getting laser eye (won't get in without it!) so hopefully will get a new date soon.. :P

why do you need to get laser eye surgery ? surely contact lenses would have been suffice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

OscarJ94 wrote: »
    Hi guys, on Form B, if an auntie or uncle is retired do we include their most recent occupation before retiring? Also for deceased grandparents, is it necessary? Thanks!

Yep you need all deceased info, I had to redo mine !

Jaymc1 wrote: »
    why do you need to get laser eye surgery ? surely contact lenses would have been suffice ?

You have to have a certain level of vision without contact lenses - which they check at the medical. Unfortunately, I fall way below that criteria!

Think the level is very similar to driving which is about -1.50 and my prescription is -5.45 lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mayolad1

I've had to reorder a replacement copy of my leaving cert results, anyone know if that's the only qualification cert I need to bring. All my college certs were damaged and I can't get replacements

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

Can you get laser eye surgery done after you get the medical done ? What comes first the medical or the fitness test? Cheers thanks ��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Mayolad1 wrote: »
    I've had to reorder a replacement copy of my leaving cert results, anyone know if that's the only qualification cert I need to bring. All my college certs were damaged and I can't get replacements

That's all. Only documents you are relying on to show you meet the criteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Larpeyton wrote: »
    Can you get laser eye surgery done after you get the medical done ? What comes first the medical or the fitness test? Cheers thanks ��

Only certain types of laser and (this needs to be verified) must be 6weeks minimum before test. Again that needs to be verified.
    Pretty sure medical is after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

You have to have a certain level of vision without contact lenses - which they check at the medical. Unfortunately, I fall way below that criteria!

Think the level is very similar to driving which is about -1.50 and my prescription is -5.45 lol :p

have you any definitive info on this ? as one of my eyes is -2.5 the other is 1.5, does this mean i need laser ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Just for those enquiring about eye tests, would it not be an option to use the free eye test you get from the PRSI to see exactly what condition your eyes are in and get advice if Laser Eye Surgery is needed?

Advertisement