Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2019 Stage 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

Have sent back form B but still haven't heard anything? Anyone in same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

I’m the same haven’t heard anything wonder is there anywhere we can contact to get an update

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Does anyone know what is involved in filling up the gp clearance form. Do we just hand it into our gp or have we to fill up times and dates of our doctors visits. My gp took ill a few months back and there has been a few different doctors covering for him in the surgery and a few different secretary's so it could took an age to get the form completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CD421

I’m in batch 2. Sent back form B and received gp clearance form which had to be returned by today

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

What's involved in the gp clearance form?

• Advertisement

daniel1390 wrote: »
    What's involved in the gp clearance form?
    Bring it into your gp, they’ll take your height weight etc sign and stamp it. Not much to it

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

CD421 wrote: »
    I’m in batch 2. Sent back form B and received gp clearance form which had to be returned by today

When did you send back Form B and how soon after did you get the GP Form to be completed?

SquireD wrote: »
    When did you send back Form B and how soon after did you get the GP Form to be completed?
    Sent back form B last week and received clearance form the next day

CD421 wrote: »
    Sent back form B last week and received clearance form the next day

Wow that was quick! I sent mine back Monday last week and still haven't heard anything.

Out of curiosity, did you have much to fill out on Form B?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Have we all started training for the physical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

I have the past few weeks now. Can do all of it handy enough. Struggling to get the weight down though, I lifted weights intensely the past two years so I'm a bit heavier. If you're over on the BMI are there any exceptions if you're still pretty fit? Thanks

AF96DUB wrote: »
    I have the past few weeks now. Can do all of it handy enough. Struggling to get the weight down though, I lifted weights intensely the past two years so I'm a bit heavier. If you're over on the BMI are there any exceptions if you're still pretty fit? Thanks

From reading past PCT's, if your over the BMI but its as a result of muscle as opposed to just being over-weight, then you should be fine.

What exactly is involved in the PCT?

I have sent back form B but still haven’t received GP clearance.

Wonder should I try to contact them?

St.Brigids wrote: »
    I have sent back form B but still haven’t received GP clearance.

Wonder should I try to contact them?

No harm, a few of us are in the same boat it seems! :confused:

No harm, a few of us are in the same boat it seems! :confused:

I’m the same haven’t heard anything have a lot of family abroad so that might delay it

AD07 wrote: »
    I’m the same haven’t heard anything have a lot of family abroad so that might delay it

I have family aboard also so maybe that’s it?

From reading past PCT's, if your over the BMI but its as a result of muscle as opposed to just being over-weight, then you should be fine.

What exactly is involved in the PCT?

Thanks!

the amount of each exercise depends on age, but for me its 25 press ups (no time limit) 35 sit ups in 1 minute, score 8.8 on bleep test, complete an obstacle course 3 times in 3 minutes and 20 seconds and then a push/pull test

AF96DUB wrote: »
    Thanks!

the amount of each exercise depends on age, but for me its 25 press ups (no time limit) 35 sit ups in 1 minute, score 8.8 on bleep test, complete an obstacle course 3 times in 3 minutes and 20 seconds and then a push/pull test

Thanks a mill! Do you know if its one after the other or if there's breaks in between?

Thanks a mill! Do you know if its one after the other or if there's breaks in between?

I think the running and press ups/sit up are together then a break and then the course and push/pull. Just going from what I've read anyways

St.Brigids wrote: »
    I have family aboard also so maybe that’s it?

Ya possibly. Hopefully tomorrow. Do you know who we contact for updates

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed. I haven't contacted them myself. I was mainly worried that I had done something wrong when I sent it back and they didn't receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Edsjd

MrDave21 wrote: »
    Took roughly two weeks for me. The Tuesday or Wednesday after the last interview of the batch I think.

Cheers Dave! Had mind on Tuesday 22nd so fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

Wow that was quick! I sent mine back Monday last week and still haven't heard anything.

Out of curiosity, did you have much to fill out on Form B?

Any luck with the gp clearance form yet ? Im Still waiting

S84 wrote: »
    Any luck with the gp clearance form yet ? Im Still waiting

Nope, rang them today to see what the story was and was told that my application was with the vetting crowd, so they would either be getting back to me with any queries on it if something needed to be verified or they would be sending on the GP form.

More or less told to hold tight! :rolleyes:

Nope, rang them today to see what the story was and was told that my application was with the vetting crowd, so they would either be getting back to me with any queries on it if something needed to be verified or they would be sending on the GP form.

More or less told to hold tight! :rolleyes:

Who did you contact?

The Garda Appointments Office

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Anyone have their interview this batch? How did we find it and any ideas when results will be published?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

I’m in the 700’s so just trying to gauge how long before I’m called
    We're you called for the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DBOOK123

Anyone else waiting to receive their gp clearance form since they sent their form b away in the past 2 weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Does anyone know when we will receive results from the recent interviews over the last two weeks? Thanks

Advertisement