Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2019 Stage 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrDave21

I just got a call from my local Sergeant requesting a meeting with me tomorrow. I don't even have a date for my PCT yet. Is it normally before the physical? Kinda freaking out here

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Well everyone, probably a stupid question but how do you sign form B? It says it can't be typed or electronic signature, I was just wondering how yous all done it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrDave21

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Well everyone, probably a stupid question but how do you sign form B? It says it can't be typed or electronic signature, I was just wondering how yous all done it?

Print it out, sign it, scan it back onto the computer and then email it. Not the most accessible honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kate1895

MrDave21 wrote: »
    I just got a call from my local Sergeant requesting a meeting with me tomorrow. I don't even have a date for my PCT yet. Is it normally before the physical? Kinda freaking out here

Mine was the day before my physical, I wouldn’t be too worried they just go over why you want to be a Garda, who you hang around with and go through stuff about your family

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Hi there,
    I am in the process of filling out my Form B and have it almost completed, the only one part I am stuck with is the aunt and uncles part. I have all my aunts information filled out but I have an auntie that died when she was one week old, there is no record of her date of birth or date of death? If I don’t include this will it delay my form?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Hi there,
    I am in the process of filling out my Form B and have it almost completed, the only one part I am stuck with is the aunt and uncles part. I have all my aunts information filled out but I have an auntie that died when she was one week old, there is no record of her date of birth or date of death? If I don’t include this will it delay my form?

Well, I sent mine yesterday and didnt have date of births for any of my grandparents...just year of births. They were all born before 1915 and there aren't any records. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lucymangoo96

Jaymc1 wrote: »
    have you any definitive info on this ? as one of my eyes is -2.5 the other is 1.5, does this mean i need laser ?

You might need it on one eye but if you go into specsavers and get the eye test and tell them you're going for the guards they'll tell you.

This is the requirement; Eyesight - good levels of vision (minimum distance vision of 6/18 on both eyes that can be corrected to 6/9 and 6/12 with glasses or contact lenses if necessary).

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Hello, Once we send off Form B will we get a receipt that they have received the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Dean445 wrote: »
    Hello, Once we send off Form B will we get a receipt that they have received the form?

Nope, you'll only get a reply if they need to clarify something. To be safe, when i sent mine in, i gave them a quick ring to make sure they got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

SquireD wrote: »
    Nope, you'll only get a reply if they need to clarify something. To be safe, when i sent mine in, i gave them a quick ring to make sure they got it.

How soon after sending back the amendments did you hear?

• Advertisement

AD07 wrote: »
    How soon after sending back the amendments did you hear?

I sent in my original Form B on 21st October and rang them the next day to make sure they got it which they did.
    Heard nothing back until yesterday, 12th November with them needing me to get Eircodes for a few address that i didn't have at the time.
    I got them and re-sent the whole thing again this morning so will probably buzz them today or tomorrow to make sure they got it and see if anything else is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

I'm from group 2, got my gp clearance forms today ! Was waiting 3 weeks for my form b to be approved. Woohoo !

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Can anyone who has sat the interview tell me if the Garda ip noel John is worth 300e worth while going to? How long does he spend with you prepping your and what time frame will he see you before the interview :)

S84 wrote: »
    I'm from group 2, got my gp clearance forms today ! Was waiting 3 weeks for my form b to be approved. Woohoo !

Happy days! :)

I had to resend my form B this morning so i really hope i'm not kept waiting 3 weeks now! :eek:

SquireD wrote: »
    Happy days! :)

I had to resend my form B this morning so i really hope i'm not kept waiting 3 weeks now! :eek:

I reckon if it's a small change it wouldnt be put to the end of the queue again so hopefully not mate ðŸ‘🻠it's actually bitter sweet having the physical so soon as I done my knee in a few weeks ago so it's very weak still so nervous about that !

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Triplek wrote: »
    Can anyone who has sat the interview tell me if the Garda ip noel John is worth 300e worth while going to? How long does he spend with you prepping your and what time frame will he see you before the interview :)

worth every penny for me, structured my entire interview for me and had me prepared for all pop up questions. Just tell him your date of your interview and he'll work around that, as he's done with me. He spent a good 2 and a half hours with me and left no stone unturned

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Neisey13

S84 wrote: »
    Same :)

Any idea when PCT would be? Can they be deferred does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Neisey13 wrote: »

Same here got mine today. I wonder will it be before Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

This is the same for me. Heard yesterday to make a few changes and sent back to them yesterday so waiting to hear again.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Does anyone know if when your sending a scanned copy of birth cert along with form b can it be sent in two different documents? i only have a scanner that does A4 documents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

Does anyone know if when your sending a scanned copy of birth cert along with form b can it be sent in two different documents? i only have a scanner that does A4 documents.

I sent them as separate documents and wasn't an issue.

Neisey13 wrote: »

Within 4 weeks after sending back the gp clearance as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dean1108

has anyone who go their interview results last week recieved form B yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Yes. Received it 3 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 papster97

dean1108 wrote: »
    has anyone who go their interview results last week recieved form B yet?
    I got mine on Monday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Anyone know how long you have to wait to repeat if you fail an element of the physical, haven't had it yet just curious
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Ulrika15 wrote: »
    I got sent my GP clearance form on a Monday morning and was told to have it in that Friday.
    Then I got the date for my Fitness test last Friday and it’s in two weeks time. :)

Hi, can I ask if you had vetting to be completed abroad? I'm around the same number as you and trying to figure out when I might get called for PCt/medical. Have checks for the UK and Oz though :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ulrika15

Hi, can I ask if you had vetting to be completed abroad? I'm around the same number as you and trying to figure out when I might get called for PCt/medical. Have checks for the UK and Oz though :-(

No I hadn’t any vetting abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Has anyone on here had a junior caution, I'm filling up the form b and just spotted a question asking about being arrested. Would something 18 years ago still be relevant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Ulrika15

Can anybody that has done the fitness test tell me whether you need proof of weight and height? Or can you just tell them.

Advertisement