Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2019 Stage 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

S84 wrote: »
    I reckon if it's a small change it wouldnt be put to the end of the queue again so hopefully not mate ðŸ‘🻠it's actually bitter sweet having the physical so soon as I done my knee in a few weeks ago so it's very weak still so nervous about that !

Got my GP Clearance Form by e-mail this morning so only had to wait 6 days thankfully from when i had to resend Form B! :)

What date have you got your PCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

SquireD wrote: »
    Got my GP Clearance Form by e-mail this morning so only had to wait 6 days thankfully from when i had to resend Form B! :)

What date have you got your PCT?

Awh good going, bet your delighted. I sent my gp clearance form off yesterday (had to wait a few days to see my doc) so no date yet, I'm guessing from reading past posts that I will have a date within 7 days. Have you sent off your gp clearance form already?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Gazza434

hi lads,
    hope ye are well, i passed my interview and received form b i have until the 26/11 to send this back.
    if my form b is approved and receives clearance what is the next stage? would i be right in assuming that it is a date for the pct in templemore?
    then if successful at this stage you will have to complete the medical at a later stage?
    is there much of a waiting between form b clearance to the pct test and then on to the medical?
    hope someone can help me with this. would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DBOOK123

Gazza434 wrote: »
    hi lads,
    hope ye are well, i passed my interview and received form b i have until the 26/11 to send this back.
    if my form b is approved and receives clearance what is the next stage? would i be right in assuming that it is a date for the pct in templemore?
    then if successful at this stage you will have to complete the medical at a later stage?
    is there much of a waiting between form b clearance to the pct test and then on to the medical?
    hope someone can help me with this. would be much appreciated.
    After completion of form b you will receive a gp clearance form which is to be signed and stamped by your gp then once that is sent back you will get called for your fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Hi all, I have my interview next week and read somewhere on this thread that I will need to bring the original version of my leaving cert results with me as a copy will not suffice. If this is the case, does anybody know where I could get this ? I have a college degree too, do I bring this along aswel/instead ? Thanks.

• Advertisement

GavK wrote: »
    Hi all, I have my interview next week and read somewhere on this thread that I will need to bring the original version of my leaving cert results with me as a copy will not suffice. If this is the case, does anybody know where I could get this ? I have a college degree too, do I bring this along aswel/instead ? Thanks.

Examinations.ie, costs €14 I think. You dont need to being your degree. Good luck ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Sent my gp clearance form on Monday & got my date today for PCT in 3 weeks time !

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Got PCT date for 17th December, sent gp form last Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ulrika15

I passed my fitness test yesterday and I was just wondering do I get an email to say I passed and when my medical is? Or can anyone tell me that’s passed there test already what happens next? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mar_mar27

For whoever passed physical or did it recently. Is it really necessary to wear shorts and t-shirt? I'm of a leggings kinda person.

• Advertisement

Mar_mar27 wrote: »
    For whoever passed physical or did it recently. Is it really necessary to wear shorts and t-shirt? I'm of a leggings kinda person.

I wore gym trousers you don’t have to wear shorts :)

How was the physical? The shuttle run especially?

Mar_mar27 wrote: »
    How was the physical? The shuttle run especially?

I found the shuttle run,press ups and sit ups fine. Last lap of the circuits was hard. Push pull wasn’t bad either.

Ulrika I dropped you pm there

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DBOOK123

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Got PCT date for 17th December, sent gp form last Friday

same as that see you there

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MrNightOwl

Lads, FYI I set up a thread for Stage 4 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TomLawrence4

Hey lads and ladies, had my interview there on Wednesday just gone, I found it quite tricky to be fair but still think I did okay, how long does it take to get results??

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Hey lads and ladies, had my interview there on Wednesday just gone, I found it quite tricky to be fair but still think I did okay, how long does it take to get results??

Best of luck :) can you explain by what you mean being tricky? 🙉 I have mine in 2 weeks not feeling enthusiastic about it as I’m not great in situations like that .

Thank you, tricky as in, they can put you on the spot and you have to think on your feet, just be prepared, learn your application off by heart and talk slowly, I talked quite quickly and I don't think they liked that 🙄 theyre nice people tho..

Best of luck with it 🀗🀗

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mayolad1

Thank you, tricky as in, they can put you on the spot and you have to think on your feet, just be prepared, learn your application off by heart and talk slowly, I talked quite quickly and I don't think they liked that �� theyre nice people tho..

Best of luck with it ����

Have my interview next week and not confident about it at all. Don't suppose you remember any questions that caught you off guard?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

GavK wrote: »

You have to bring original and a copy of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

Hi, have my interview first thing in the morning and would like to know if anyone would have any last minute tips for the interview, I have my competencies prepared but are there any aspects outside that were they try to catch you out?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Briano1996 wrote: »
    Hi, have my interview first thing in the morning and would like to know if anyone would have any last minute tips for the interview, I have my competencies prepared but are there any aspects outside that were they try to catch you out?
    Thanks in advance.

I got asked about the code ethics, have a read through them and learn each of them are

They didn't ask me why I wanted to be a Garda, but I said it at the end when they asked if I wanted to add anything, purely because a compentacy a few years ago was motivation to be a garda so I added that in the try earn extra brownie points haha, dont know if it was beneficial but it could be worth your while to make sure you have something like that prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kerryman88

Had my interview today. They were very nice people I must say. Made me relax. I'm unsure as to how it went for me though. I'm thinking it either went well or a total disaster. Was anyone else thinking they had gone bad and then passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Kerryman88 wrote: »
    Had my interview today. They were very nice people I must say. Made me relax. I'm unsure as to how it went for me though. I'm thinking it either went well or a total disaster. Was anyone else thinking they had gone bad and then passed?

absolutely, I thought it was impossible to tell how it went. I thought if anything it went really bad, but I passed well. It's very difficult to gauge how it went

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Na445

Whats the OOM for interviews up to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kerryman88

Na445 wrote: »
    Whats the OOM for interviews up to now?

I was OOM 890

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kaymoe31

I had mine last week, and thought the same, some parts I answered the best I could but caught me of guard on other questions so had to think on feet and wasn’t prepared for those! But I’m hoping it’s to see how I cope under pressure... did they tell you when you would find out results??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 maryf97

I was the exact same. Thought mine could have gone much better but ended up passing in the end! I’m sure you’ll be the same! Best of luck.

Advertisement