Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Help!!!! wrote: »
    What the 3k or being called the name?

The money for the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Ah so you've heard it before!

I hafta say I was aghast when the guy told me (his name was George btw,sold CDs and sunglasses in athens)...it seems theses loopholes are widely understood and widely exploited by our overseas guests..the fact that you personally don't believe does not alter the fact!

NGO's school the migrants if the camps on what to say to officials & where to go to get help etc

Odhinn wrote: »
    The money for the car.

Unfortunately its true
    Car + money to refurbish their house

Ah so you've heard it before!

I hafta say I was aghast when the guy told me (his name was George btw,sold CDs and sunglasses in athens)...it seems theses loopholes are widely understood and widely exploited by our overseas guests..the fact that you personally don't believe does not alter the fact!

It never happened.

Unfortunately its true
    Car + money to refurbish their house

No, its xenophobic cack. Theres no free cars.

• Advertisement

It never happened.

Thats settled then :rolleyes:

No, its xenophobic cack. Theres no free cars.

No its a grant for a car, not free:rolleyes:

Thats settled then :rolleyes:

Well if you can link me to where the relevant department that allegedly pays these things out lists these benefits......

• Registered Users Posts: 39,652 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

No its a grant for a car, not free:rolleyes:

So the Syrian Family who lives near you got €8,000 towards a car?

What they get?

Well if you can link me to where the relevant department that allegedly pays these things out lists these benefits......

Go speak to a migrant family, get it from the horses mouth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Kivaro wrote: »
    The migrants in the new plan are from Africa, and while there is a possibility that some may be fleeing war, the overwhelming majority will be economic migrants

There is a lot of savagery in Africa, use of rape as a weapon, hacking limbs off with machetes, burning villages, FGM, Islamist terrorists. And on the other end you have Nigerian princes who are a nuisance more than anything.

In the words of Donald Trump, when he was talking about immigration from Mexico:
    They're not sending their best ... They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

This is what you get with African immigrants, too. I think Africa has much worse social problems than Mexico and it is a lot harder to integrate people from African and Middle-Eastern backgrounds than Mexican/Central/South American backgrounds.

Boggles wrote: »

What they get?

They didn't get a car yet but they did get the €5k for their house

• Registered Users Posts: 28,136 ✭✭✭✭looksee

So what we need is a photo of a load of 00 reg cars parked at Mosney, or one of the other direct provision centres? How do they buy petrol on €20 a week - or insurance, tax, tyres etc?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Boggles wrote: »

What they get?

He probably meant when they were rebels in Syria they got 8k for a Toyota pick up off uncle Sam.

Go speak to a migrant family, get it from the horses mouth

.......it seems to be originating from the rear of a bull as it stands. Why can't you link to the relevant page listing the benefits available?

looksee wrote: »
    So what we need is a photo of a load of 00 reg cars parked at Mosney, or one of the other direct provision centres? How do they buy petrol on €20 a week - or insurance, tax, tyres etc?

When they are given houses & are made resident they get these grants but I'm sure you know that DP is different

You'd think that amongst the outraged who are handed a cheque for 8k for a car by these asylum seekers there'd be one who'd think to photocopy it and go to the papers.

.......it seems to be originating from the rear of a bull as it stands. Why can't you link to the relevant page listing the benefits available?

Do you really think they will advertise it?
    Listen believe it or dont I'm not bothered.

When they are given houses & are made resident they get these grants but I'm sure you know that DP is different

Again - where are the links to the list of these available benefits ?

They didn't get a car yet but they did get the €5k for their house

But he told you they are getting €8,000 for car?

What was the €5,000 for the house for?

• Advertisement

Do you really think they will advertise it?

Yes, yes I do.

They are about 700 asylum seekers in Mosney and probably 500 case workers from NGOs and state agencies working with them. They cart the asylum seekers around various other NGOs, state agencies, charities, etc, with the begging bowl out and they get hundreds or even thousands of euros for each family in education grants, cars, taxis and travel, trips, immigration fees, legal fees, etc.

It's a great industry and provides decent salaries for all the workers involved.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Which government departments decides its 8k. Do they turn up at the welfare office and say I can only drive a car worth 8k.

Is the amount decided by a welfare officer? So they get a cheque for 8k which says only to be used for the purchase of a car? Or do they have to go to a garage and get a receipt for a car then bring it to a welfare officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,136 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Tbh, if a refugee family were accepted as having a good case and allowed to stay, I would not have a problem with them being given a start in life here. There is no point accepting that people should be rescued from a dire situation and then left completely homeless and with no resources.

The problems are that

1. people are not being processed/sorted fast enough so they end up in a limbo situation. They should be either allowed to stay, or returned to their homeland.
    2. local people are happy to mix up refugees and migrants, and create fantasy stories about how they are treated.

Information about services and entitlements for people in direct provision are here https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/asylum_seekers_and_refugees/services_for_asylum_seekers_in_ireland/direct_provision.html

While I have no doubt a few people slip through the net and exceed their entitlements, or do not receive them, in general I can see no reference to giving cars and furniture to refugees and asylum seekers. Maybe if you are directly aware of this happening you should be querying it with your local authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creeper1

Tbh, if a refugee

The problems are that

1. people are not being processed/sorted fast enough so they end up in a limbo situation. They should be either allowed to stay, or returned to their homeland.
    2. local people are happy to mix up refugees and migrants, and create fantasy stories about how they are treated.

1. To deport failed asylum seekers means making them get valid travel documents from their embassies which in practice they refuse to do. There is also an endless appeals process that keeps them in Ireland. Believe me if they make it here they aren’t going anywhere. That is just the reality.

2. Most of them seem to come from Nigeria, Pakistan, Bangladesh places that have problems from time to time but in no way could be called war zones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

You'd think that amongst the outraged who are handed a cheque for 8k for a car by these asylum seekers there'd be one who'd think to photocopy it and go to the papers.

And shut down a handy number for themselves?

And shut down a handy number for themselves?

...there's no number, handy or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Tbh, if a refugee family were accepted as having a good case and allowed to stay, I would not have a problem with them being given a start in life here. There is no point accepting that people should be rescued from a dire situation and then left completely homeless and with no resources.

The problems are that

Information about services and entitlements for people in direct provision are here https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/asylum_seekers_and_refugees/services_for_asylum_seekers_in_ireland/direct_provision.html

While I have no doubt a few people slip through the net and exceed their entitlements, or do not receive them, in general I can see no reference to giving cars and furniture to refugees and asylum seekers. Maybe if you are directly aware of this happening you should be querying it with your local authority.

You'd be surprised at how quickly people are processed. It is the never ending merry-go-round of spurious appeal after appeal, all on the taxpayers dime that cause people to be in DP for so long.

They're notorious liars too. They're penalised for telling the truth. So they lie about where they're from, date of birth, what happened to their passport, reasons for being here. And the onus is on us to prove they are lying.

• Advertisement

If they are deported, what happens their 8,000 + car?

Abandoned outside Mosney?

Advertisement