Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yourself, John and Jimmy should join them and run. Only ye can save Ireland.

Yes. Keep voting for the usual incompetent scumbags who couldn't lead a piss up at the bar. You'll show us eventually. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,257 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Yes. Keep voting for the usual incompetent scumbags who couldn't lead a piss up at the bar. You'll show us eventually. :rolleyes:

So are you not running then? Why neglect the country if you believe you have the power to change it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

Yourself, John and Jimmy should join them and run. Only ye can save Ireland.

The establishment parties are making a fool of us for decades if you can't see through that I'm sure you'll be a FF/FG voter in the next general election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

So are you not running then? Why neglect the country if you believe you have the power to change it?

You should run against the NP as you seem to know better

The establishment parties are making a fool of us for decades if you can't see through that I'm sure you'll be a FF/FG voter in the next general election

Not FF and not FG.

Jeez maybe better you dont start canvassing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

Not FF and not FG.

Jeez maybe better you dont start canvassing.

What is it then PBP/AAA or Sinn Féin?

What is it then PBP/AAA or Sinn Féin?

0 for 5 try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

0 for 5 try again.

Even more irrelevant parties like Liebour, the Greens or the Social Democrats perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I hope these migrants have a few quid with them.

Ireland are ranked fourth in the EU in terms of debt to disposable income.

Household debt is at 137 billion, that 28k per capita. Our debt debt ratios will remain above European Union risk levels until 2023. If an economic crisis happens, it'll be a race for all to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Excellent post. It is clear and concise, I don't think any-one could have explained it as good as this in my opinion.

So these huge groups of majority young men hop on their little float boats, get picked up by NGOs, get brought to Europe and get resettled across a wide variety of countries.

The burden is then on the tax payer to support their lifestyles while they get bumped to the top of free housing lists, free spending money, all the time in the world to have plenty of kids. All the while I am paying my tax, working hard to save up the necessary money to live somewhere. Somewhere where my neighbour could very well be somebody who just came here and had the house given to them.

They don't get sent home. They can endlessly appeal any rejections to their asylum claims. The vast majority of deportation orders aren't carried out. They don't go to prison unless they do something truly horrible.

What the hell is happening to Ireland? Or Western Europe in general?

Why is there absolutely no sentiment towards defending the social cohesion of our country? Why do I have to work hard and struggle so these people can come here and get everything handed to them? Just because they made it to the middle of the sea and an NGO picked them up?

If this keeps up, there's going to be a total collapse of society. It's reaching absurd numbers in the last 10 years.

It's at the point where the only explanations that actually makes sense are the ones that would be deemed as 'tin foil hat'. What is the objective here? What does Ireland, and its people, gain from having 90% young male bogus asylum seekers coming to the country?

When did we become so ****ing soft? Something has to happen, I don't think people realise how quickly this stuff will tear the country apart once it's reached the right number to do so.

Why do we just have to accept that our country is fundamentally changing to its core? In 50 years, it'll be unrecognisable. Why is that an inherently good thing that can't be questioned? I want to live in Ireland with a majority of Irish people. Does that make me so bad? I want us to have a home too. Once Ireland's fundamentally changed, we'll be gone forever.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Poland is telling them to shove this migration settlement plan. Why can't politicians in Ireland have the backbone to do the same. Its evident we're heading down a road to disaster in 10-20 years time. A small island can't accommodate the third world.

Because Polish politicians are listening to what the voters want?

Same with Hungary. Perhaps being ruled by the Ottomans for a few centuries has something to do with their reluctance to embrace Islam too.

Someone said it best earlier. Varadkar and Coveney will not be hanging around on the opposition bench. It will either be plum positions in NGO's, the UN or in Europe itself for the both of them once FG are out of power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

So these huge groups of majority young men hop on their little float boats, get picked up by NGOs, get brought to Europe and get resettled across a wide variety of countries.

The burden is then on the tax payer to support their lifestyles while they get bumped to the top of free housing lists, free spending money, all the time in the world to have plenty of kids. All the while I am paying my tax, working hard to save up the necessary money to live somewhere. Somewhere where my neighbour could very well be somebody who just came here and had the house given to them.

They don't get sent home. They can endlessly appeal any rejections to their asylum claims. The vast majority of deportation orders aren't carried out. They don't go to prison unless they do something truly horrible.

What the hell is happening to Ireland? Or Western Europe in general?

Why is there absolutely no sentiment towards defending the social cohesion of our country? Why do I have to work hard and struggle so these people can come here and get everything handed to them? Just because they made it to the middle of the sea and an NGO picked them up?

If this keeps up, there's going to be a total collapse of society. It's reaching absurd numbers in the last 10 years.

It's at the point where the only explanations that actually makes sense are the ones that would be deemed as 'tin foil hat'. What is the objective here? What does Ireland, and its people, gain from having 90% young male bogus asylum seekers coming to the country?

When did we become so ****ing soft? Something has to happen, I don't think people realise how quickly this stuff will tear the country apart once it's reached the right number to do so.

Why do we just have to accept that our country is fundamentally changing to its core? In 50 years, it'll be unrecognisable. Why is that an inherently good thing that can't be questioned? I want to live in Ireland with a majority of Irish people. Does that make me so bad? I want us to have a home too. Once Ireland's fundamentally changed, we'll be gone forever.

Let me preface this by saying I don't care where people come from, what colour their skin is or which deity they worship when they come here.

The only thing I do ask is that people that come here do so 1) legally and 2) get to work straight away in jobs that will allow them to be net contributors to the tax take immediately.

For instance we have thousands of jobs in IT we can't fill and India and China produce millions of grads every year. Yet having worked with Indian programmers and developers over the years, it is absolutely ridiculous the amount of red-tape they need to cut through to even get here...nevermind if they want to change jobs during their visa period! And these are guys and gals that are immediate net contributors to the tax take.

About the migrants you mention SM, there are three canards that we are told over and over again by politicians here and in Europe.

1. We need these people as workers of the future as there is a declining birthrate in the west. This despite the fact that in countries such as Spain and Italy there is massive youth unemployment despite reasonably high university attendance. Perhaps instead of importing from the Third World, we should be mining countries in Europe for talent? We also forget that automation is going to impact large sectors of society as well so jobs at the bottom will be gone.

2. We need these people to do the jobs we won't do. Cab drivers? Kebab Shop workers? Selling selfie sticks and sunglasses at Train stations? A lot of jobs again will be automated out over time. Thus leaving us with a higher benefits bill as these people in their 20's now may be unemployable in 20 years time.

3. We need them to pay for our pensions. Whilst we pay them benefits because the jobs they do get, if they do work, won't earn them enough to keep a roof over their head, raise their kids, pay for healthcare and put food on the table in a lot of major capitals in Europe.

It baffles me that politicians think we will fall for that bolloxology.

But they do.

Its pretty obvious Ireland is being told take these migrants if you want the EU's continued support during this Brexit chaos.

The idea that someone from some town in Africa can decide one day i fancy living in Europe. Gathers a few quid and hops on a boat across the med to claim 'asylum'. And then we must accommodate them, housing, education, healthcare, welfare. Its a pretty ridiculous state of affairs. I don't know who is stupid the politicians or us accepting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creeper1

All of the above is true and in an ideal world we could pick and choose the migrants we wanted. However the reality is that African migrants are making dangerous trips or being picked up by ngo organisations.

They have presented themselves in the hundreds of thousands in Italy and with Italy having had enough a redistribution program is what Europe want to implement.

This isn’t a flash in the pan problem either. The population growth in Africa is projected to be huge this century and with climate change causing wars over precious resources Europe is going to have many more refugees.

Macron has already admitted that Europe and Africa future will be intertwined.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭enricoh

It mustn't be a big deal that we signed up for this, it didn't make the rte news! Strange that!

I see yesterday that the asylum spoofer in the local elections that was exposed in the Sunday times was given leave to remain.
    Great news, she'll still be able to lecture us on the horrors of direct provision and how it should be replaced by being given the keys of a 3bed semi and full welfare entitlements on arrival!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,663 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

enricoh wrote: »
    It mustn't be a big deal that we signed up for this, it didn't make the rte news! Strange that!

Literally in the opening paragraph of the opening post.

Kivaro wrote: »
    A few days ago, Charlie Flanagan declared to the Irish Times that Ireland won’t sign up to the migrant agreement that Finland proposed for European countries to take in migrants who made their to Europe from Africa.
    However this morning we hear that Ireland has indeed signed up to the plan and is now one of active participant countries to resettle these migrants, whose number are in the thousands. President Emmanuel Macron said the new initiative would be "quick" and "automatic". You can read more about it on the RTE web site.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Give the NP a chance I'd say they'd do a much better job than the current shower in govt.

How many candidates are they running?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,549 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What is the objective here? What does Ireland, and its people, gain from having 90% young male bogus asylum seekers coming to the country?

Sweden? Don't we want to be like Sweden?

I'm not taking the pee. This is a country certain people point to that we should be like because it's so great?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

enricoh wrote: »

It is a big deal however that the Minister for Justice, Charlie Flanagan said one thing and did another, the complete opposite infact.

Nothing on his twitter page whatsoever and not many media outlets have picked up on this. Strange that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

STB. wrote: »
    I hope these migrants have a few quid with them.

Ireland are ranked fourth in the EU in terms of debt to disposable income.

Household debt is at 137 billion, that 28k per capita. Our debt debt ratios will remain above European Union risk levels until 2023. If an economic crisis happens, it'll be a race for all to the airport.

Always wondering about this debt when the **** hits the fan again which it will. If they want to tax us more in the good times what's the bad again going to be like? And yet they want to heap a load of economic migrants on top of it. Social welfare end of it will just cave in I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Its pretty obvious Ireland is being told take these migrants if you want the EU's continued support during this Brexit chaos.

The idea that someone from some town in Africa can decide one day i fancy living in Europe. Gathers a few quid and hops on a boat across the med to claim 'asylum'. And then we must accommodate them, housing, education, healthcare, welfare. Its a pretty ridiculous state of affairs. I don't know who is stupid the politicians or us accepting it.

Brexit fallout might be nothing compared to this in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,141 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Help!!!! wrote: »
    This is all legalized trafficking
    NGO's, Government officials, Solicitors, Direct provisions & now hoteliers making €€€€ of the backs of human suffering.

As for the migrants
    Jumped to the front of the housing Q for a newly built house, medical care & of course benefits
    €5000 to refurbish your house even when the house in most cases already furnished, so you can spend that money on a big screen tv & some shiny trinkets or trainers
    a grant of €8000 for a car
    All paid by the taxpayer

Could you provide some reference for these statements please? I have done a superficial check and could only find grants for organisations working on integration, nothing about these kind of grants and benefits for individuals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

looksee wrote:
    Could you provide some reference for these statements please? I have done a superficial check and could only find grants for organisations working on integration, nothing about these kind of grants and benefits for individuals.

A lot of the Grant's would fall under what is termed an "exceptional needs payment"..its discretionary by the CWO and isn't advertised as such.

The figure the previous poster gave of 8k for a car is a bit high(unless it's been increased)..most of the Mosney residents for example would've been gifted 3k for a vehicle to stop them being "called a black bastard on the bus"..I actually heard this from a Nigerian in Greece who was flitting between there and Ireland on his brother's paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭Odhinn

A lot of the Grant's would fall under what is termed an "exceptional needs payment"..its discretionary by the CWO and isn't advertised as such.

The figure the previous poster gave of 8k for a car is a bit high(unless it's been increased)..most of the Mosney residents for example would've been gifted 3k for a vehicle to stop them being "called a black bastard on the bus"..I actually heard this from a Nigerian in Greece who was flitting between there and Ireland on his brother's paperwork.

......utter nonsense.

:D

Odhinn wrote:
    ......utter nonsense.

Explain how its utter nonsense..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Explain how its utter nonsense..

It's an urban myth. It never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Odhinn wrote: »

What the 3k or being called the name?

Odhinn wrote:

Ah so you've heard it before!

I hafta say I was aghast when the guy told me (his name was George btw,sold CDs and sunglasses in athens)...it seems theses loopholes are widely understood and widely exploited by our overseas guests..the fact that you personally don't believe does not alter the fact!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

looksee wrote: »

I have a Syrian family as neighbours the father told me. I have also heard similar from other people

Advertisement