Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,775 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

No this was!

How did that cause the fire?

:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Boggles wrote: »
    How did that cause the fire?

:confused:

It didn't but it was a result of diversity.

Note the way i said "this was " rather than "this did".

You need to improve your reading and comprehension skills.

Mod

Thread Banned

creeper1 wrote: »
    Believe me when they are in they are permanently in and it will prove difficult or I possible to remove them.

Yeah, that's not true though is it? I mean in reality?
    Approximately 4,446 persons were
    deported/removed from the State in 2016. This figure comprises some 3,951 non EU nationals who were refused entry into the State at ports of entry and were returned to the place from where they had come. In
    addition, 428 failed asylum seekers and illegal migrants were deported from the State, 67 EU nationals were returned to their countries of origin on foot of an EU Removal Order and 42 asylum seekers were transferred under the Dublin
    Regulation to the EU member state in which they first applied for asylum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Yeah, that's not true though is it? I mean in reality?

Why do you,personally want migrants to come to ireland?

Jaysus that is some tangent.

So in the video you thanked how did diversity cause the Notre Dame fire?

You know my original point.

• Advertisement

Why do you,personally want migrants to come to ireland?

Did I say I did?

We are part of the EU, we have no choice, also there is skills a shortage - these roles need to be filled, we need to look beyond the EU for these, which we are doing in great numbers.

The question I suppose would be, why would a reasonable person be against that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Did I say I did?

We are part of the EU, we have no choice, also there is skills a shortage - these roles need to be filled, we need to look beyond the EU for these, which we are doing in great numbers.

Skills such as?

Skills such as?

Literally pick any sector.

Health - Tech - Farming - Service - Medical

Law firms fast tracking Visa's for tech companies is a booming industry in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Law firms fast tracking Visa's for tech companies is a booming industry in Dublin.

The tech sector is mostly made of MNCs. Our government bends over backwards to these MNCs with tax incentives in order for them to employ Irish workers yet Irish workers don't have the skills. They shouldn't be getting tax incentives until they vpcan prove they are employing at least a 95% Irish workforce. If they are jot employing Irish workers then they shouldn't be here in the first place.

As for health. The pay and conditions in our health service are so bad that qualified Irish medical professionals who the taxpayer paid to train are leaving in their droves only to be replaced by cheap forgein labour from the third world who are willing to put up with crappy pay and conditions meaning a complete race to the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

How long have your Syrian neighbors been living near you?

4-5 months but whats that got to so with not answering the question

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

You're constantly getting personal with people and this isn't on, don't post in this thread again.

Where is the proof of all this money thrown at people?

Have you any refugees moving near you?
    Well theres quite a few families moved here. Big screen tvs & furnishing for the house within days
    Those that can drive end up with a car within a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Did I say I did?
    ...we have no choice, also there is skills a shortage - these roles need to be filled, we need to look beyond the EU for these, which we are doing in great numbers...

You're talking specifically about 'highly skilled migrants', which is a different reality from 'economic migrants' put here, without a choice.

There is an occasional demand for someone outside of the existing pool of 1/2bn in the EU (usually US/Can/Aus/India or China), outside of that it may even be viewed as 'brain draining' (usually medical staff) from countries that need them more than the EU does.

Irrational hatred of brown people???

You do know theres non 'white' Irish people?

Stephen15 wrote: »
    The tech sector is mostly made of MNCs. Our government bends over backwards to these MNCs with tax incentives in order for them to employ Irish workers yet Irish workers don't have the skills. They shouldn't be getting tax incentives until they vpcan prove they are employing at least a 95% Irish workforce. If they are jot employing Irish workers then they shouldn't be here in the first place.

Stephen it isn't 1950 anymore, we are in the EU, one of the reasons they base their HQ's inside the EU is they have access to a huge pool of unrestricted talent. This pool is now in itself drying up, so they have to look further a field.

What do you think the net effect of forcing MNCs to adhere 95% quota's on workers?

Stephen15 wrote: »
    As for health. The pay and conditions in our health service are so bad that qualified Irish medical professionals who the taxpayer paid to train are leaving in their droves only to be replaced by cheap forgein labour from the third world who are willing to put up with crappy pay and conditions meaning a complete race to the bottom.

Well actually it's been propped up largely because of agency costs.

Conditions are certainly a factor, but then again our Doctors were trained at huge cost to the state and are highly regarded, so they can have their pick of the world wide plum jobs.

But essentially what you are saying is we should pay consultants more a lot more?

You'd be in favor of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Have you any refugees moving near you?
    Well theres quite a few families moved here. Big screen tvs & furnishing for the house within days
    Those that can drive end up with a car within a few weeks.

Coming to a country apparently without a pot to piss in, and driving a car within a few months should be impossible. But its clearly not. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Thats skilled migration which is legal almost anywhere in the world, nobody is asking for that to be closed off.

This agreement deals with unskilled migrants from africa and asia / those seeking asylum, has nothing to do with skillset and hiding behind the doctors and the IT workers to try railroad in these migrants we don't want, need or should have to care for is just disingenuous

Did I say I did?

The question I suppose would be, why would a reasonable person be against that?

Ah you must be in one of the areas not privileged to have received new neighbours because I dont know what skills you think the majority of the refugees have

You do know theres non 'white' Irish people?

Absolutely.

Our Taoiseach's father was an Indian migrant.

But I imagine the online nationalists wouldn't have much time them either.

<SNIP>

Do not discuss mod instruction in thread. Please contact a mod directly, or use the Help Desk if you wish to discuss further.

dudara

• Advertisement

Ah you must be in one of the areas not privileged to have received new neighbours because I dont know what skills you think the majority of the refugees have

WTF?

The user I replied was specifically talking about migrants.

Thats skilled migration which is legal almost anywhere in the world, nobody is asking for that to be closed off.

This agreement deals with unskilled migrants from africa and asia / those seeking asylum,

Seeking asylum isn't illegal either, you do know that right?

Again the user specifically said migrants.

Anto Lynch wrote: »
    Coming to a country apparently without a pot to piss in, and driving a car within a few months should be impossible. But its clearly not. Why?

Still waiting for them to answer
    If they are coming with money then the should not be getting to the front of the housing list, they should be renting privately like anyone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

This plantation clearly is not what Irish people want, but we're going to get it anyway. "Please give us diversity," said no nation ever.

I would suggest that we have a referendum on this, but I'm not naive enough to think we will get one.
    No way in hell would they "allow" a referendum on this.
    The Fine Gael liberal hierarchy are implementing policies at the moment that will have catastrophic consequences for future generations. We should also expect a great deal more leave-to-remain cases being approved and a massive amnesty for those who are in the country illegally.

Don't forget that Simon Coveney dictated that there will be diversity in every village and town in Ireland. I did not realise that it would happen so soon. Maybe himself and Leo have figured out that their time in power is dwindling and they want to inflect their version of diversity on the Irish people as quickly as possible.

"Diversity" is an all-encompassing word, but if it means people coming from all over the world and working and contributing in Ireland to make it a better place for all of us, then I'm all for it as long as it has realistic caps.
    If "Diversity" is the importation of unskilled, uneducated people whose predecessors do not have a track record of contributing to Irish society, then this is the diversity that we need to avoid. 60% of African adults do not work in Ireland. This is an abhorrent statistic. Why continue bringing people to the country who will not work or contribute to society, and will only be a burden on those who are stretched to the limit already in paying for the existing welfare state?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Absolutely.

An English speaking Doctor, no less.

Slightly different from an undocument unskilled uneducated individuals, likely headed for welfare.

Raises an important question, while very useful could a Doctor in India do more good for humanity, rather than move to a country for a larger salary and easier workload?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Seeking asylum isn't illegal either, you do know that right?

Again the user specifically said migrants.

nobody said it was illegal, what we're saying is it should be.
    yes, the 'syrians' and those from africa that this entire thread is dealing with are economic migrants.

Absolutely.

Being brown or gay is not why people dont like 'our great leader'
    Nationalists want the legal people in the country looked after first, no matter if your an African living, working & paying taxes the country should be run better than it is

Raises an important question, while very useful could a Doctor in India do more good for humanity, rather than move to a country for a larger salary and easier workload?

Would you ask the same question of an Irish Doctor who has chosen to move to Canada or Oz?

WTF?

The user I replied was specifically talking about migrants.

No one has a problem with migrants that have come here & are working, paying taxes & living here legally
    I'm married to a migrant myself
    The problem we have is with this legal human trafficking thats going on

• Advertisement

Would you ask the same question of an Irish Doctor who has chosen to move to Canada or Oz?

They shouldn't have to move anywhere, they should be paid enough to stay in Ireland. The same as all the others that constantly have to emigrate due to corrupt/incompetent Governments

Advertisement