Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Meant to post that earlier and forgot.
    Belongs to a fellow Boardsie aFlabbyPanda and he post it on Boardsie cars for sale earlier

I was also just about to post it here :pac:

Appears to be a great lot of car for the money especially with that recent work carried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

KevRossi wrote: »
    A pair of 2006 SAAB 9-5's, both with long NCT's.

Diesel Auto, 02/22, 6 weeks tax, very nice colour combo. €1500

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-saab-95-1-9dsl-ncttax-automatic/26026861
    Have an 07 petrol, and she handles grand. Is silver, but would've liked black.

One thing, though. I see the sports button on the stick, but don't see shift paddles on the steering wheel? Mine does.

There's a month and a bit of tax left, and although the ad is 10 days it says on the ad that he had a new NCT booked for the 5th October. So I'm wondering if this failed the NCT? Something to be mindful of if someone is looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

the_syco wrote: »
    Have an 07 petrol, and she handles grand. Is silver, but would've liked black.

One thing, though. I see the sports button on the stick, but don't see shift paddles on the steering wheel? Mine does.

There's a month and a bit of tax left, and although the ad is 10 days it says on the ad that he had a new NCT booked for the 5th October. So I'm wondering if this failed the NCT? Something to be mindful of if someone is looking at it.

Showing up as a visual retest in the nct site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v50-d5-2-4l-se-lux-automatic/26263436

Cheap tax 2.4 d5 V50 with NCT til July 2021, €1950

Nice spec, decent bit of recent work done, original Irish.

I bought that while we were sorting a mortgage and I wanted an auto with traffic, but since covid I've been driving our main car and now my son wants to learn to drive so need a manual for him (i'd rather him not learn on the 'good' car).

The most the car needs is probably 2 tyres on the rear. Get 2 new for the front when I bought it and they've done less than 5000 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v50-d5-2-4l-se-lux-automatic/26263436

Cheap tax 2.4 d5 V50 with NCT til July 2021, €1950

Nice spec, decent bit of recent work done, original Irish.

Looks nice, pity no interior pics. If it was closer to Dublin I'd be very tempted by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I totally forgot to take them, will get them done today and up on DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-159-jtdm-16v-sportwagon/26270119

OTNjN2Y3YjBkMjBhZjQ0MWU4ZGFmOWQ5ZTBjNzNjMmEW-1L2cUoiSpcFc4_pydqZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTk5MTc1Njl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Diesel 159 estate, only NCT'd til February 2021 but passed last month, so could probably be sent back through easy enough and get fifteen months.

Nice looking cat for the money, €1150.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/yaris-aygo-nct-oct-2021-160-k-miles-1-owner-car-/26168690

MWVhOWQ0YWE3YjMxYTZlYjVhNzA1ZWQ2OGM5YjNhMjRf2xcglXua0ag3zyzD1UzoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTg1MTA0MTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1 owner Aygo with 12 months NCT, €999

Seemingly no advisories on test. Bargain if it checks out okay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-159-jtdm-16v-sportwagon/26270119

OTNjN2Y3YjBkMjBhZjQ0MWU4ZGFmOWQ5ZTBjNzNjMmEW-1L2cUoiSpcFc4_pydqZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTk5MTc1Njl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Diesel 159 estate, only NCT'd til February 2021 but passed last month, so could probably be sent back through easy enough and get fifteen months.

Nice looking cat for the money, €1150.

I don't think he/she is highlighting one of the best features of that model, the front ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I totally forgot to take them, will get them done today and up on DD.

See they are up now, looks well, bit of inevitable wear/staining on driver seat bolster but very hard not to have any on light colored leather. Shame your so far away from me.
    I don't think he/she is highlighting one of the best features of that model, the front ;-)

Definitely, great looking cars from the front. Obviously an Alfa fan though looks like a Giulietta in the drive also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

They've either replaced it with a giulietta or it's a second car. Obviously have good alfa experience, a good sign.

It's strongly priced for the current market - its high enough miles, old tax and pretty basic interior. Worth a haggle, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Yolk probably won't start to reverse it back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭TigerTim

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/yaris-aygo-nct-oct-2021-160-k-miles-1-owner-car-/26168690

MWVhOWQ0YWE3YjMxYTZlYjVhNzA1ZWQ2OGM5YjNhMjRf2xcglXua0ag3zyzD1UzoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTg1MTA0MTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1 owner Aygo with 12 months NCT, €999

Seemingly no advisories on test. Bargain if it checks out okay

I'm getting old. Can't believe the Aygo is around that long.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

TigerTim wrote: »
    I'm getting old. Can't believe the Aygo is around that long.

T.

While the Panda SEEMS less modern its a better car in nearly every respect .Hard to imagine any manufacturer could ever beat the Aygo's penny pinching in having only one hanging string to support parcel shelf !(And the lack of lower hatchback-glass only- makes akward loads like washing machines unfeasible .)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

2011abc wrote: »
    While the Panda SEEMS less modern its a better car in nearly every respect .Hard to imagine any manufacturer could ever beat the Aygo's penny pinching in having only one hanging string to support parcel shelf !(And the lack of lower hatchback-glass only- makes akward loads like washing machines unfeasible .)

for the Tesla S they didnt even bother to include 1 string.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That aygo looks like a bargain but have you ever driven one? It’s like a Flinstones car.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That aygo looks like a bargain but have you ever driven one? It’s like a Flinstones car.

Yee would all laugh if you seen me in it... Did drive many years ago, wouldn't be something I could stock at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

Only new car I ever bought ...52 mpg average (best ever 54 and I drive like the proverbial nun and never in urban areas),nowhere near book figures.Nice three cylinder thrum ,but sadly lacking rev counter .Not as much fun to thrash as Panda which does same mpg .Both cars capable of high miles if maintained .Many Aygos had free clutch upgrade under warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

2011abc wrote: »
    Only new car I ever bought ...52 mpg average (best ever 54 and I drive like the proverbial nun and never in urban areas),nowhere near book figures.Nice three cylinder thrum ,but sadly lacking rev counter .Not as much fun to thrash as Panda which does same mpg .Both cars capable of high miles if maintained .Many Aygos had free clutch upgrade under warranty

3 cylinder and nice sounds don't go together at all..... Like nails on a black board.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I think there's a certain enjoyment in the sound of trashing a 3 cylinder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Aygo is great craic because it’s just an unrefined little go kart. Pops and bangs off the exhaust.

Same engine in the Yaris or iQ is unacceptable.

The turbocharged 1.0 3 cylinder Kia/Hyundai engine has a lovely exhaust note.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I think there's a certain enjoyment in the sound of trashing a 3 cylinder!

Especially if it goes bang and dies with a cloud of white smoke...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/saab-93-2-0t-sport-fsh-tax-nct-low-km/26218431

There is a sale on in longford across the range.

I know duke posted to this a few weeks ago for sale at 999 at a dealership in dublin so they might have got it for 800 with a haggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2008 9.3 diesel high miles

1200 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21892662

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2008 ford mondeo 1.6 petrol

Long tax & nct

1350 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21889768

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Motorcheck or Cartell (or one of those sites) posted on Twitter not too long ago that there is a Nissan Sunny out there with 75 owners.

Funnily enough, of the four 26 owner cars in that link, one is a black 2003 X5 which I had about two weeks ago..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Would it have been owners or people changing owners to dodge tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say a lot of that is to avoid tax arrears especially on cars on high motor tax rates. People "selling" their car to their dog or goldfish and "buying" it back a week later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd say a lot of that is to avoid tax arrears especially on cars on high motor tax rates. People "selling" their car to their dog or goldfish and "buying" it back a week later.

True, wouldnt be a need for it, if the rates on many cars, werent so obscene. You can argue you know what you are getting before you buy with the tax though... the old system was convenient but ridiculous, drive a few months, go into garda station " oh my car was off the road" ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement