Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Been there, got the mug.... :D

yMn8NZZ.jpg

Brave guy I used to work in there Cavan office and binned all my junk years ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-525-auto-nct-10-21-tax-04-21/26224088?campaign=3

Yjk0MGU1MTE1MDFlZjZiNDY1ZmNhYWJlMzUzNTM5YWE2tefBkVNVwxYKNzJ_UWe9aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTkwNTA0ODB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

525i estate with 6 months tax and 12 months test, €1950

Looks to have had a recent service by Daltons in Portlaoise too. These are still a really nice car, just difficult to find a good example these days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭CoBo55

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-525-auto-nct-10-21-tax-04-21/26224088?campaign=3

Yjk0MGU1MTE1MDFlZjZiNDY1ZmNhYWJlMzUzNTM5YWE2tefBkVNVwxYKNzJ_UWe9aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTkwNTA0ODB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

525i estate with 6 months tax and 12 months test, €1950

Looks to have had a recent service by Daltons in Portlaoise too. These are still a really nice car, just difficult to find a good example these days

That's an absolute beauty, it looks really well looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

davycc wrote: »
    Brave guy I used to work in there Cavan office and binned all my junk years ago!!

If you worked there, you could work anywhere.....
    Americian Corporations were only childs play in comparison :D

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

An easy question for you knoglable people .. What free site gives date of last change of ownership..? Insurance want proof that i sold van.
    Thanks .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Motortax.ie if it’s within 3 months

Cornmarket quote generator will also tell you, not sure if you could use this as evidence but it’ll tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Are all older minis ****e? The wife wants one, or an old beetle, but everyone says they are ****e.

Are all older minis ****e? The wife wants one, or an old beetle, but everyone says they are ****e.

Minis and Beetles (especially priced under €2k) tend not to be driven by the most sympathetic/careful owners, finding a decent example of either can be hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

The original ones or the Golf in a frock and the mini BMW?
    Actually, they’re all sh1te. People look at them with Rose coloured glasses.

Andrew33 wrote: »

Got it in one!!

• Advertisement

Andrew33 wrote: »

I was trying to be a bit more diplomatic, but yeah, there's no real contesting this :pac:

Driving a new Beetle for the first time is like driving a van. Awful things

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6/26187038

NjBmYzdkOWUwNGMxZmUyZTcyYzMxYmI1NDliMjgwOTPfgoo9yG9kVg8rdMCvJr4OaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTg3MTY3ODh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1 owner diesel A6 saloon with NCT til March 2021, €700

This looks like a nice car under the dirt and grime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

bazz26 wrote: »
    No, the driving of other cars extension only applies to other cars you do not own. Otherwise we would all be just insuring a banger Micra in our driveway but actually driving a Porsche.

But i could put a porsche in the wife's name, tax it using any old insurance no. Keep it nctd.
    Then i could drive it on my micra insurance!?

Seems like a nice loophole!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

TheW1zard wrote: »
    But i could put a porsche in the wife's name, tax it using any old insurance no. Keep it nctd.

What happens when a man in uniform stops the car and looks for the insurance square? (well it's not a disc is it :pac: )
    Just take the one from the micra and transfer between cars as needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Jaysis lads, i put a bangernomics yoke on Donedeal and Facebook marketplace (which i've found is getting increasingly good for selling a cheap car locally) there on Monday afternoon. I've been plagued before but holy mother of jaysis, i've not had a single call or text but had eleven thousand facebook enquiries and a few donedeal messages. I'll post a list of some of the enquiry names and hopefully someone can relate.

Cel
    Taimur
    Jimmy lvs Tinamarie
    Christylvschristina
    Saim
    Ali
    Isaque
    Ionut
    Valentineobi

What is it with cheap cars that drives nutters out of the woodwork?

Every single one of them literally opens with a "whats your last price" type message, which is frustrating for two reasons.

1, i've written in the ad that i will not be negotiating until someone has viewed the car, no text negotiations.

2, their locations are like Galway, Cork etc and i'm in Wicklow, no way will they make that trip for my bangernomics yoke, even if i say work away to their riddiculously **** "last price".

Torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s a numbers game, that’s how they get cheap cars.

It’s really annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭littlevillage

TheW1zard wrote: »

In this scenario, the hypothectical Porsche would have to be insured as well....by its owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

This loophole had been around for years, my own mother owned, taxed and insured an Evo 6. My brother owned, taxed and insured a 1.6 focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

In this scenario, the hypothectical Porsche would have to be insured as well....by its owner.

Insurance companies don't insure imaginary wives.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Jaysis lads, i put a bangernomics yoke on Donedeal and Facebook marketplace (which i've found is getting increasingly good for selling a cheap car locally) there on Monday afternoon. I've been plagued before but holy mother of jaysis, i've not had a single call or text but had eleven thousand facebook enquiries and a few donedeal messages. I'll post a list of some of the enquiry names and hopefully someone can relate.

Cel
    Taimur
    Jimmy lvs Tinamarie
    Christylvschristina
    Saim
    Ali
    Isaque
    Ionut
    Valentineobi

Every single one of them literally opens with a "whats your last price" type message, which is frustrating for two reasons.

1, i've written in the ad that i will not be negotiating until someone has viewed the car, no text negotiations.

2, their locations are like Galway, Cork etc and i'm in Wicklow, no way will they make that trip for my bangernomics yoke, even if i say work away to their riddiculously **** "last price".

Torture.

Double the price. You only get waaa bags messaging you if it's a car for a few hundred euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Cel
    Taimur
    Jimmy lvs Tinamarie
    Christylvschristina
    Saim
    Ali
    Isaque
    Ionut
    Valentineobi

Torture.
    anybody on FB with LVS in their name is from our “indigenous minority” and from personal experience should be avoided like the proverbial CV19. They’ll annoy the fuk outta ya and generally just be a waste of time.
    All the rest just want to scam you with export/PayPal stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Cel
    Taimur
    Jimmy lvs Tinamarie
    Christylvschristina
    Saim
    Ali
    Isaque
    Ionut
    Valentineobi

Torture.

What's the car?

Lob it in here sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What's the car?

Lob it in here sure.

What's the last price there boss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

What's the last price there boss
    .....I'd be paying in CASH*

*Hence its only fair that you accept one third of the asking price.

.....I'd be paying in CASH*

*Hence its only fair that you accept one third of the asking price.

Isn't it me surname...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-jetta-1-9/26360358
    2008 VW Jetta 1.9 TDI
    173k miles
    NCT 03/21;
    Recent full service and timing belt change were told
    €2,000 ono

The N plate and picture #7 might be inclined to put me off slightly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Cel
    Taimur
    Jimmy lvs Tinamarie
    Christylvschristina
    Saim
    Ali
    Isaque
    Ionut
    Valentineobi

Torture.

Is it an avensis?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Is it an avensis?

Corolla, even worse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-jetta-1-9/26360358
    2008 VW Jetta 1.9 TDI
    173k miles
    NCT 03/21;
    Recent full service and timing belt change were told
    €2,000 ono

The N plate and picture #7 might be inclined to put me off slightly though.

Does she coo lad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

high horse wrote: »
    Does she coo lad?

It's from Monaghan, of course she'll coo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement