Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

A shade over the 2k limit but looks very clean, long nct and low mileage too.
    4wd model which are rare enough.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-sedici-1-6-four-wheel-drive-16v-dynamiq/26084084

Ad says warranty too for what it's worth.

That's a shocking and from a dealer. Pic 5 sold it to me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That's a shocking and from a dealer. Pic 5 sold it to me though.

Nearly every photo is the same....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Nearly every photo is the same....

Except for picture 5 - the only internal photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Looks nice and airy inside though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Photo 5 looks like the visitor's area at Mountjoy. Used all 15 photos from donedeal and not one of the car's interior.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Think you are being a tad harsh, fair enough he should have interior pics, but showing that he has at least tried to follow covid guidelines might give people some peace of mind, probably the type of people who will be interested in this car.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Think you are being a tad harsh, fair enough he should have interior pics, but showing that he has at least tried to follow covid guidelines might give people some peace of mind, probably the type of people who will be interested in this car.

Are you joking ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭CoBo55

What are the covid guidelines on taking photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jollyballs

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Socially distance them, lock 3 of them for no reason and mask as much as possible of the photo so no one can see 3/4's of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Jollyballs wrote: »
    Socially distance them, lock 3 of them for no reason and mask as much as possible of the photo so no one can see 3/4's of it.

In other words, swipe left...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,500 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Are you joking ??
    In other words, swipe left...

I think this excerpt from the ad covers the Covid precautions bit.

"With Covid-19 We are Taking Great Care to Protect Ourselves and Indeed You Our Customers, All Cars Are Being Sanitized Prior to Test Driving and again Before Delivery. We have HSE Standard Signage, Perspex Screen Protection and Hand Sanitizer in our Offices for Your Safety and Protection…"

Also worth noting that anyone interested only needs to txt to get a video of the car.

"This Four Wheel Drive Sedici is in Really Great Condition…. We can Send you a Walk Around Video of the Car on WhatsApp to Give You a Better Idea of its Overall Condition on request.."

Whether the car is good value is another question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

A shade over the 2k limit but looks very clean, long nct and low mileage too.
    4wd model which are rare enough.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-sedici-1-6-four-wheel-drive-16v-dynamiq/26084084

Ad says warranty too for what it's worth.

Not much is what it's worth ..
    Caveat emptor with this guy..
    Have recent dealing with them and there isn't much to recommend to be honest .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The second pic does it for me. The illest sticker, the mudflap falling off and the stanced fuel filler door.

3 ridiculously quick, easy things to tidy up, not done. POS i'd say. If we aren't doing basic little things like that, it's very unlikely the bonnet was so much as opened. Not that you expect too much from a 2k car but you'd like to believe it's had some basic tlc when paying dealer tax on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭jiltloop

The second pic does it for me. The illest sticker, the mudflap falling off and the stanced fuel filler door.

3 ridiculously quick, easy things to tidy up, not done. POS i'd say. If we aren't doing basic little things like that, it's very unlikely the bonnet was so much as opened. Not that you expect too much from a 2k car but you'd like to believe it's had some basic tlc when paying dealer tax on it.

At least he only used that picture twice 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

04 CRV with 139k miles and fresh NCT €1275
    Think these are meant to be fairly bulletproof, looks little rough but grand load lugger

OWNiMzc0Y2ZmYjc5M2FiMDNjNjIyMTJiNzFhNjY4MDXZKMFZUPHV70VVEhH5PMClaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTQ1OTYwNjR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,404 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They’re a great car. That’s more a €750 car IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭angrybeaver

cruizer101 wrote: »
    04 CRV with 139k miles and fresh NCT €1275
    Think these are meant to be fairly bulletproof, looks little rough but grand load lugger

OWNiMzc0Y2ZmYjc5M2FiMDNjNjIyMTJiNzFhNjY4MDXZKMFZUPHV70VVEhH5PMClaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTQ1OTYwNjR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I ran one for 6 months a few years ago.

Won’t let you down but it’s thirsty As you’d expect. Suit someone not doing much mileage on country roads. One of the rear top mounts rusted Out completely in the end. You can pop off the plastic cover in the boot to check for rust around these.

It’s definitely over priced as pointed out. Start high I suppose if not in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-1-8-petrol/26228187

2008 Honda Civic 1.8, 1 owner, 123k miles.

Northern reg, but has mot till February which I believe can be transferred. I'd imagine it can be taxed on co2.

Could possibly be got for shy of bangernomics money if the nox calculation is correct.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

gooner99 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-1-8-petrol/26228187

2008 Honda Civic 1.8, 1 owner, 123k miles.

Northern reg, but has mot till February which I believe can be transferred. I'd imagine it can be taxed on co2.

Could possibly be got for shy of bangernomics money if the nox calculation is correct.

Thoughts?

UK plates for me is an instant no no anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You would probably buy an Irish reg one for less than what that will cost to buy and vrt here. That car needs to be bought for sub 1k to make it worth your while VRTing it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,404 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bazz26 wrote: »
    You would probably buy an Irish reg one for less than what that will cost to buy and vrt here. That car needs to be bought for sub 1k to make it worth your while VRTing it here.
    Post 08 make a bit of a premium over pre. You’d still be saving.
    Not worth the hassle though, especially for an SE model.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

They claim 1 owner from new, so should have been able to transfer to irish reg. If its already primarily in donegal and they didn't do that, there are making the VRT your problem. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

They claim 1 owner from new, so should have been able to transfer to irish reg. If its already primarily in donegal and they didn't do that, there are making the VRT your problem. I wouldn't recommend it.

Good point. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mitsubishi-galant-1-6-petrol/25452429

YjQ4MjcyYmJlZWMyMzYyNzRmOTJlNjM3N2VkYzNjNjQu9ezbz4XJR1g4VZT75X4XaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIxMTc5MDh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

92 Galant 1.6 with a heap of alleged recent work done, tested til October (+ extension) and taxed til August, €550

Same owner since 1999! I am fiercely tempted

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1992-mitsubishi-galant-gl-1-6/26246022

YWUzMjlmYjI0ZTA5YmE5NzU3M2E3MTdjYzUxZGM5OTSxmZhgxP3rqLICpgCuPmnOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTkzNjI0OTZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Knew this looked familiar!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,271 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Such a fall from grace. Mitsubishi used be a class above the competition but have fallen so far that I just can't see them ever recovering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

From what I remember, that was in Tullamore originally and I was going to view it when you put it up, but it sold.

Looks like somebody is gonna do well out of it alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Such a fall from grace. Mitsubishi used be a class above the competition but have fallen so far that I just can't see them ever recovering.

It was only a matter of time before they pulled the pin on Europe, i'm actually surprised they lasted this long...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭highdef

Only 320km! Must be a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jollyballs

No different than somebody buying a car for a shade over a grand and selling it at twice the price. Not really surprized any more with car sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

No different than somebody buying a car for a shade over a grand and selling it at twice the price. Not really surprized any more with car sales.

But this was always going on..,. There are many at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement