Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options
1327328329330331333»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

E36Ross wrote: »
    Apparently not when there's 190k miles on that one.

Could you imagine the costs involved, any I ever drove or seen were giving huge issues.
    Mostly electronic.

One day had one battery was dead so had battery pack on it, had the key in pocket, it wasn't keyless start and came back out later the car was running.... It started itself....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It's got no Android Auto or Apple play so I'm out!

Lol. I think you are looking at the wrong type of cars for that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

It's got no Android Auto or Apple play so I'm out!

It was actually one of the most technological advanced cars of it's time when it came out especially compared to the crappy Mondeo that was out at the same time.
    Of course the fact a lot of that technology had not been probarly tested was part of its downfall unfortunatly.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

AMKC wrote: »
    It was actually one of the most technological advanced cars of it's time when it came out especially compared to the crappy Mondeo that was out at the same time.
    Of course the fact a lot of that technology had not been probarly tested was part of its downfall unfortunatly.

Renault were always mad for tech that didn't work, early 80s R9/11 with central locking, electric windows and electric sunroof, they always calved when the window/roof was open,

Ms

Renault were always mad for tech that didn't work, early 80s R9/11 with central locking, electric windows and electric sunroof, they always calved when the window/roof was open,

Thankfully they have learnt from this the hard way but they learnt and now make some of the best most reliable cars you can buy.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    It's a renault so lets not be getting overly excited about the price either.

It survived this long so that's a good sign. As I said originally it's a gamble but it's dirt cheap and even if it blows up 2 months down the road it's only cost you 450 and you will still get about 80 back for scrap. Your average newer car loses more than that in depreciation each month. There are no certainties with a 450 car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

AMKC wrote: »
    Thankfully they have learnt from this the hard way but they learnt and now make some of the best most reliable cars you can buy.

Soulless though, Renault 18 was a pretty car in its day, the 5Turbo was mad fun and the Renault 4 was quirky and unbelievably useful, same would apply to PSA new French stuff does nothing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

For a TDi, that mad. Has he any NCB or is it his first car. As I paid around that if not more on my first and even second car. But I did have a provisional licence though not from failing the test or anything I just drove around with the provisional as you were able to do that back then.

He's on a learner permit (which is an extreme example too). His friends who have a year or 2 NCB don't find insurance that bad at all. From what he says..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Mods new thread needed. I just noticed it just now we are gone over 10,000 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Doublebusy

Mods new thread needed. I just noticed it just now we are gone over 10,000 posts.

Well done all, great thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Thread fills up in less than 2 years. One of the best on boards.ie !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement